Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 03:22 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
The federal bureaucrats are much too busy trying to keep your freedoms safe to spend much time on infringing upon them.
LOL! I hope that was sarcasm!

That is completely antithetical to the view you should have of the government, as a free citizen. Trusting the government, especially the un-elected bureaucrats, is how you lose your liberty.

It's literally a 2 step process:
  1. Trust government
  2. Lose liberty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 03:32 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
It's sad to feel this way but I sometimes wonder if it's good to have a record on social media of my dislike of Biden/Pelosi/AOC/Schumer, etc and their policies and beliefs.

This country is getting stranger and stranger by the minute. It's like living in the Twilight Zone and the crazy is happening so fast. Has it ever crossed your mind maybe you ought not to be so vocal online? It crosses my mind but it's hard to hold back the dislike I have of the current administration. I just don't have the restraint. lol I refuse to be quiet. We can't allow them to win.

They can go in and find us by IP address. They can track where we live and come take us from our homes. That sounds crazy but crazy is in the White House and working at warp speed.

The radical left have a lot to accomplish before 2022 and I don't know how much crazier it will get before then but it's getting scary.

Do you ever think about that?
Yes, I have thought of that, but the only social media I use is City-Data; and I have never advocated any kind of violence, and the most threatening thing I have ever written was to question Biden's mental status (referring to his obvious dementia).

And, yes, I would very much worry about what is going on, but as I am a senior with who-knows-how-many years left, if anyone wants to end my life prematurely , well . . . oh, well. Not that I want to hasten my death as long as I am still mentally and physically healthy (or mostly so), but I have lived a longer, better, healthier and MUCH happier life that most people do.

Who I feel more sorry for much more than myself (and people of my generation)are those young people who are now growing up thinking this kind of thing (the government monitoring what what one says and does) is normal. Yes, I know -- this is just more talking about how the "old days" were better than these days, but in my opinion, the 50's and 60's WERE better for the most part -- and, of course, I am excluding the fact that the good old days weren't very good for the poor and for most minorities.

Last edited by katharsis; 06-16-2021 at 03:42 PM..

Old 06-16-2021, 03:33 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I believe to the depths of my soul that the path that some in this country want to put us on, as exemplified by CRT and BLM, is a pathway to tragedy, death, and destruction. Everywhere I look it seems down is up and wrong is right. I lack the words to adequately describe the dissonance, unless I become very angry. I still read a lot on this forum, but find myself responding less because there are some new posters in here who seem a bit unhinged.

I have drawn my focus inwards, gardening, reading, working on my house, traveling again, watching music videos on YouTube. Not sure if that answers your question, but I agree with you about the crazy at warp speed.
Excellent post, and I agree 100%.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:45 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
This is what you guys look like when you suppress yourselves?

Old 06-16-2021, 03:46 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
If anything, I’m more outspoken than ever. I try with diligence to choose my words wisely however, I don’t care to repeat myself much, and in general I try to keep my opinions to myself unless asked. And then ... it’s on. I’ve always been this way, and it serves me well in our little Mao era we have going on.

There’s so many other things to talk about besides divisive politics. My self-administered dose here at C-D is enough ... lol.
Just wait until the COVID Pandemic fully dissipates and everyone even liberals mingle in society

The tech censors will lose all control, people will be confronted with ideas that were hidden from them from people who are very very pent up, dedicated, and committed after their whole existence was threatened by let's face it, communist revolutionary wannabes.

It will be the red pilling of the century

Old 06-16-2021, 04:40 PM

3,576 posts, read 3,078,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The government is using location data provided by Google and Apple to literally go to peoples' homes and take them away for committing the benign crime of misdemeanor trespassing.

It's not paranoia. It's actually happening. You excuse it for some reason, I guess, but it really is happening.

Don't even get me started on this recent push toward classifying anyone who stands up for their rights as terrorists. But I'm sure you won't see the problem with that, either, until it's you they're coming for.
I thought all right wingers believed that trespassers should be shot?

Old 06-16-2021, 04:43 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I've been banned from another site by a radical mod for disagreeing with the progressive agenda, so yeah.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:46 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
No, actual classically liberals are allies of conservatives in the fight for humanity against these genocidal communist zealots
I know some liberals who are classical and I have some liberal cousins who think we should be like Russia. My late uncle was a communist, he was registered as a Democrat, but he always praised Russia and believed we should be like them.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:49 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I know some liberals who are classical and I have some liberal cousins who think we should be like Russia. My late uncle was a communist, he was registered as a Democrat, but he always praised Russia and believed we should be like them.
Then he's not actually liberal - communism is diametrically opposed. Classically liberal people believe in enlightenment principles

Old 06-16-2021, 04:52 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Then he's not actually liberal - communism is diametrically opposed. Classically liberal people believe in enlightenment principles
I agree, I wasn’t comparing him to to classical liberal, but more to radicals. He was way before his time. I liked him though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies