Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 08:13 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Does anyone feel they need to suppress what they say in the forum or other social media these days?

Considering I'm serving a 30 day sentence in Fakebook jail for failing to support violent thugs stopping traffic and dragging people from their cars with their silly little temper tantrums, yeah, I'm learning to. As well as to have some backup accounts available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 08:13 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Facebook and Reddit are a no-go for me.

The amount of liberalism on there will censor any thought that doesn’t align with radical leftism.

If it’s cool to be a radical leftist that’s fine, but censoring people with opposing views is wrong.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:16 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,961,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Not true. I live in a liberal area, and the neighbors shun people they know voted for Trump. I have a brother who is experiencing the same thing in his neighborhood. The fact is that people who have been neighbors for 20 years are refusing to speak to those who didn’t vote for Biden.
Hence, I don't talk politics with either side. And the ones who know have learned not to bring it up. Like the one on the right side who wanted to talk after January 6th......and he probably was very taken down when I told him, "Well, you are not going to hear what you want to hear from me.".

I have my political beliefs and one of them functions in that there is more than this or that side to most things. These days, it is usually a survival mechanism in that I can talk to people, touch on a side course, and sound like I am agreeing with them, though I might not be.

One thing I do is to recognize when the battle is lost and to plan for the next one......and not return and return again to still fight for that lost battleground.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:23 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,954,329 times
Quote:
Not true. I live in a liberal area, and the neighbors shun people they know voted for Trump. I have a brother who is experiencing the same thing in his neighborhood. The fact is that people who have been neighbors for 20 years are refusing to speak to those who didn’t vote for Biden.
They are morons and have lost their minds. These people had neighbors but they weren't friends.

In our neighborhood there was just one Biden sign and one Trump sign on the lawn three houses away. No one shunned anyone. We still say hi and chat with neighbors who want to be friendly. I know two neighbors who voted for Trump and two who voted for Biden. I have no idea who anyone else voted for and I wouldn't ask them. No one asked us who we voted for either. Our friends all know each other's politics so it's not discussed when we are on opposite sides.

When I retired we chose a middle class/working class neighborhood of blacks, whites, hispanics, orientals and arab families of all ages and religions. There's no zealots here. One old timer down the block used to fly the confederate flag on holidays. No one bothered him but he stopped doing it a few years ago. I guess his kids wised him up. Everyone does their best to get along and mind their own business. This is what I consider the real America in real life, not on the media or the internet.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:29 PM

33,308 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The government is using location data provided by Google and Apple to literally go to peoples' homes and take them away for committing the benign crime of misdemeanor trespassing.

It's not paranoia. It's actually happening. You excuse it for some reason, I guess, but it really is happening.

Don't even get me started on this recent push toward classifying anyone who stands up for their rights as terrorists. But I'm sure you won't see the problem with that, either, until it's you they're coming for.
You can say anything.....doesn’t make it true.

Prove it.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
See the post after yours.

By the way, it took five seconds on a search engine to find that specific example from a credible source. People demanding that information be spoon-fed to them is why people like you believe so much BS.
Nope.

You said Google and Apple.

Not good enough.

And in the description in your link.......that person has a Google account.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
You saw one single event, with perhaps 100 people on January 6. I saw hundreds of people, each and every night, for MONTHS, burn, riot, and assault. So don’t waste your time trying to sell that the vast majority of the viciousness isn’t coming from the left.
Being on the left isn’t a requirement for being critical of 1/6, which makes the bolded from you an irrelevant deflection.

Quote:
You don’t see conservatives talking over sections of a city, claiming it’s not America, and then having chaos and death reign for weeks.

That some liberal would even TRY to paint the viciousness as equal is a joke.
I don’t see actual conservatives voting for Trump either....because they aren’t .

Trump isn’t conservative.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:56 PM

608 posts, read 238,996 times
Censorship is easy to prove.

If you're Black, say it's great to be black. Watch how many thumbs up occur.

If you're White, say it's ok (not "great" just "ok") to be White. Most sites will likely ban you in less time than it takes to pee.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:01 PM

17,602 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
They are morons and have lost their minds. These people had neighbors but they weren't friends.

In our neighborhood there was just one Biden sign and one Trump sign on the lawn three houses away. No one shunned anyone. We still say hi and chat with neighbors who want to be friendly. I know two neighbors who voted for Trump and two who voted for Biden. I have no idea who anyone else voted for and I wouldn't ask them. No one asked us who we voted for either. Our friends all know each other's politics so it's not discussed when we are on opposite sides.

When I retired we chose a middle class/working class neighborhood of blacks, whites, hispanics, orientals and arab families of all ages and religions. There's no zealots here. One old timer down the block used to fly the confederate flag on holidays. No one bothered him but he stopped doing it a few years ago. I guess his kids wised him up. Everyone does their best to get along and mind their own business. This is what I consider the real America in real life, not on the media or the internet.
What you don't get, bob, is that the party you're voting for is trying to destroy the America you're describing, and succeeding.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:08 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,137,616 times
I don't feel the need to suppress what I say

I try to be civil. I try to post facts (supported by links), not rumors.

However, do often feel suppressed. That is, it seems that a considerable number of my posts disappear, no matter how factual or civil they may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies