Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 06:39 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Lol! I remember that commercial
Cold War humor at its finest. "Veddy nice..."

Old 06-17-2021, 06:42 AM

238 posts, read 99,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Victoria's Secret used to be on my radar. I'd glance in there. Linger about within while my girlfriend browsed about, shopped and quite frequently purchased. Now they're X'ed out.

Can someone explain why all these companies are willfully destroying their bottom line?

PS: I am a person of absolutes. If I leave....I am not coming back, nor is my wallet.
I used to shop in there a lot with my girlfriend pre-COVID. Everything has been shut down for so long now and we haven't bought online because she likes to try things on. Our account hasn't been used since Feb 2020... and VS is sending me emails telling me they are going to close my account if I don't make a purchase in 30 days.

This has been going on for about 6 months now and the account is still open.

When they do close it I'll at least have a reason to tell them... they should have gone back to to the hot models and leave the fat trannies off the advertisements.

Why would they do this? Biden's America!

Old 06-17-2021, 06:46 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post
I used to shop in there a lot with my girlfriend pre-COVID. Everything has been shut down for so long now and we haven't bought online because she likes to try things on. Our account hasn't been used since Feb 2020... and VS is sending me emails telling me they are going to close my account if I don't make a purchase in 30 days.

When they do close it I'll at least have a reason to tell them... they should have gone back to to the hot models and leave the fat trannies off the advertisements.

Yeah, I'm sure your "girlfriend" will support not buying undergarments because her boyfriend wants to look at advertisements.

The arguments here are getting weirder by the minute.

Also, let us know how VS responds to losing a customer who hasn't spent a dime in store or online in 16 months.

Old 06-17-2021, 06:55 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
VS is one of those businesses that I hoped would implode. They're an insult.

Old 06-17-2021, 06:59 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
It's what the left does- take something beautiful and ugly it up.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:01 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Yup!

----------

Will said Models - have blue/green hair, tats and smears on their faces as well?

Old 06-17-2021, 07:05 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
VS, a business, made a business decision.

This has to do with "the left" how?

Or are you saying that businesses should not be able to advertise however they want?

My hunch is that all of the people getting sooooo upset on this thread never spend a dime in VS.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:14 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
VS is not addressing the real problem it has, which is not models, but the quality of their products.

My wife, a former avid VS shopper, noted the change in quality years ago, to the point after one wash would ruin something, she eventually just stopped shopping there and has not for years now.

No amount of models, advertisement, etc, is going to make up for the fact that the general population does not want to pay those prices for something that has such a short life span.

As for the models, I really do not think as many pay attention to that stuff as advertisers, marketing folks, and their business supporters, tend to believe.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:24 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
VS is not addressing the real problem it has, which is not models, but the quality of their products.

My wife, a former avid VS shopper, noted the change in quality years ago, to the point after one wash would ruin something, she eventually just stopped shopping there and has not for years now.

No amount of models, advertisement, etc, is going to make up for the fact that the general population does not want to pay those prices for something that has such a short life span.

As for the models, I really do not think as many pay attention to that stuff as advertisers, marketing folks, and their business supporters, tend to believe.
You are very right about this. Quality has degraded with many retailers but the prices do not reflect that and I guess they hope we don't notice, but we do.

As a woman who is beyond the target market of 20 somethings, I appreciate retailers who market to what women actually look like, not the teenage versions of ourselves.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:27 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post

This is exactly the reason why they have been struggling. VS as always been at aiming to please a man and make the woman feel "sexy"

but no blame Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies