Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 09:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
i thought the leftists hated statues and are tearing them all down.

Hmmm just like in Communist countries where they pup up statues of their communist heroes.

amazing.
Take down a democrats statue because he's a confederate, put up another democrats statue because he's a criminal. Why it all makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 09:58 AM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Hi, is it a requirement that one has to be a LIAR in order to be a conservative?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...im/5415937002/

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...yd-allegedly-/

Regarding fake money, everyone in retail knows that fake money unknowingly get passed around by people all the time. There was never any charge or trial regarding this because, you know, he was murdered before any investigation went into this accusation.

Regarding fentanyl overdose, do you have some kind of earth shattering new info on this that could help Chauvin overturn the guilty verdict? Thanks in advance.
Is it a requirement to be naively gullible in order to be a liberal? The Politifact article does not say that George Floyd did not hold up a woman at gunpoint. It simply says that a photo purporting to be of the victim of his assault is in fact not related to his assault.

We can debate the degree of culpability of the police officers until the cows come home. We can debate whether George Floyd deserved to die. But the fact that anyone, anywhere, thinks that he is worthy of a statue in his honor is a sign of severe moral decay.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:59 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
The poster wasn’t excusing chauvin,
The poster is practically claiming he has earth shattering info on this case that would prove Chauvin's innocence. An anonymous online forum is not the place to present this info. Take it to Chauvin's defense team.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:59 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Then please present your findings so your hero Chauvin can get the guilty verdict overturned. Also, the other 3 cops who will be on trial in a couple months can have a better defense.

Edit.

I noticed you ignored the other 2 things I mentioned. This is classic behavior of liars when confronted about their lies.

I have family members who own retail stores. They tell me fake bills get used by unsuspecting people all the time. So, even if the accusation was true, GF was never given a chance to defend himself because, you know, your hero cops murdered him.
Again. Have you seen the video? It's clear that he was high. The medical examiner said there was a lethal amount of fentanyl in his system. Or are you just going to keep ignoring my statements in an attempt to attack my character?

Old 06-17-2021, 10:00 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Tear down George Washington statues.....

And create statues for........George Floyd.

Liberals, in the 2020s.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:01 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,650 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Good spot for pidgeons to deficate. Still unsure what race had to do with it other than the savage response.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:01 AM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
You are presenting a strawman argument. No one has ever said GF was a roll model. Can you imagine a little boy or girl telling their parent "dad, one day I want to be murdered by cops on the street"?
We erect statues of people because we believe that they are worthy of being honored. When a little boy or girl sees the statue of George Floyd, and asks for what he is being honored, what shall we say? Whether or not he deserved to die is one thing, but whether or not he deserves a statue is something entirely different.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Again. Have you seen the video? It's clear that he was high. The medical examiner said there was a lethal amount of fentanyl in his system. Or are you just going to keep ignoring my statements in an attempt to attack my character?
Please know I am just a lowly business owner and have nothing to do with this legal case. You claim to have earth shattering evidence that would get your hero Chauvin off the hook. I am not the person for you to bring this evidence to as I have no power at all to do anything about this. Take it to Chauvin's legal defense team. Every conservative in the country will thank you for bringing this earth shattering new evidence to light so their hero Chauvin can be freed.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:04 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Please know I am just a lowly business owner and have nothing to do with this legal case. You claim to have earth shattering evidence that would get your hero Chauvin off the hook. I am not the person for you to bring this evidence to as I have no power at all to do anything about this. Take it to Chauvin's legal defense team. Every conservative in the country will thank you for bringing this earth shattering new evidence to light so their hero Chauvin can be freed.
What conservatives think Chauvin is a "hero?"

Please elaborate.

Thanks.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
We erect statues of people because we believe that they are worthy of being honored. When a little boy or girl sees the statue of George Floyd, and asks for what he is being honored, what shall we say? Whether or not he deserved to die is one thing, but whether or not he deserves a statue is something entirely different.
Another strawman argument.

We regularly honor victims as well. GF did not deserve to be murdered on the street. Absolutely no one has said he was a roll model of any kind. But everyone recognizes he was a victim and if nothing else an unintended hero for change to the institutionalized brutality that whole segments of the population endure.

For example, there are many statues and memorials of wartime victims. I'm sure some of those honored weren't exactly saints. But how they were as people do not negate their status as victims. And they were unintended heroes by being part of the body of evidence of crimes against humanity that brought about international action toward a better future.

In other words, how someone as a person has no bearing on their status as victims of crimes. If someone stabs you and IF you happen to be a POS, rest assured I will not argue that you are not a victim solely because you're a POS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies