Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 08:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
I think there is always more to the one 'excuse' for suicide. I think that folks who feel they are driven to suicide by an illness, or a bullying experience, struggle with mental health issues. Not excusing the seriousness of the long haul Covid symptoms just thinking that the causes are usually more complex than just one incident, or issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 09:00 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Have you ever had a cold? Have you ever had influenza? If you answered yes to either of those, it is likely that you will contract COVID19 at some point in your life.
What you can do to have a favorable outcome is watch your vitamin D levels and make sure that you do what you can to support your immune system (cut back on sugar and alcohol, maintain a healthy sleep cycle.)
COVID19 is not a death sentence for most. For some it will be a scary multi-month hospital stay. For others, it may be several months of feeling like you have a combination of extreme fatigue and/or dementia (long-haulers.) For most healthy people under the age of seventy, it will be a few days to a few weeks of feeling horrible.

Yeah, but fear and panic sell so much better than common sense.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:12 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,533,397 times
I know a family that has very extreme covid protocols in their house. Their teenage son has not seen any friends since last March. When they are outside in a sprawling suburban neighborhood they all have their masks on. Naturally the father works from home and the mother doesn't work and the son has been virtual school ever since the pandemic started. I saw them just the other day wearing double masks outside with no one around them. It's hard for me to wrap my head around that extreme level of paranoia. Why you must abstain from life in order to live is beyond me. And before anyone says maybe they have someone in their household to his immunocompromised, without getting into specifics I can say certainly that that is not the case.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:14 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Some doctors and patients have said that ivermectin has eliminated long haul symptoms. Worth a try.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:16 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
Or it just shows how bad mental health problems for some people can be.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:16 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Some doctors and patients have said that ivermectin has eliminated long haul symptoms. Worth a try.

But, but, but....... if people took Ivermectin, then the fear might let up, and we can't have that happening!

Old 06-18-2021, 09:17 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think there is always more to the one 'excuse' for suicide. I think that folks who feel they are driven to suicide by an illness, or a bullying experience, struggle with mental health issues. Not excusing the seriousness of the long haul Covid symptoms just thinking that the causes are usually more complex than just one incident, or issue.
I think in many cases - Mental Issues, are a big part of Suicide.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:25 AM

1,081 posts, read 549,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Fluvoxamine looks promising for long-haulers too. It can pass the blood-brain barrier where ivermectin does not readily cross the bbb. That might be necessary to get to the root cause.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...d-19-treatment

Old 06-18-2021, 09:26 AM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I think in many cases - Mental Issues, are a big part of Suicide.
Maybe. And maybe in some cases it's just a case that the given individual has decided that he or she doesn't want to exist here any longer and it's time to move on to whatever is next.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:29 AM

2,047 posts, read 857,616 times
Everyone who caught covid will face this type of scenario eventually. Purposely created covid with spliced in a way that allows it to initially surge within the human body and then the immune system keeps it in check for a while but doesn’t completely eradicate from the human body. It will lay dormant and then resurge and replicate quietly like HIV, until you begin getting sick again. Wait and see. This was just the beginning of this mess. It’s not going away. Basically it was airborne HIV, in a sense. The main coronavirus body of virus used to pass it through the air.

Vaccines will work, but on a limited basis as variants wil work around them. Those already infected Will have to take a lifetime of medication’s to attempt to stay healthy and keep the virus and check within their body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies