Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:00 PM

5,996 posts, read 7,067,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, even after they dyed their skin white and altered other features, they were still Black men.

Point is, even though Barr is substantially White and has lived as a White man in his native Georgia, chances are that he is not totally white, and in a place like Georgia, that means he is not a White man, but biracial, which means he's Black.

I really don't care that this Black White Supremacist hides that aspect of himself; I am just pointing out that I'm not the only one that has noticed what's going on with him.

I agree that he's most likely bi-racial, but what makes him a white supremacist; specifics please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
There's also been no dimunition in the level of white privilege in the United States.

There's absolutely no such thing as "white privilege", that's a term created by leftists to keep black Americans down, tell them that they are entitled victims and that they can not succeed without the governments intervention. Anyone who subscribes to the theory of "white privilege" is a pawn of the far left.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:14 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,558,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I agree that he's most likely bi-racial, but what makes him a white supremacist; specifics please?
Paraphrasing an article, in 1998 Barr gave the keynote speech at a Council of Conservative Citizens convention; this group is known to hate Blacks, Jews and other "nonwhites"; the fact is, Barr is a known white supremacist despite his own ancestry.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
There's absolutely no such thing as "white privilege", that's a term created by leftists to keep black Americans down, tell them that they are entitled victims and that they can not succeed without the governments intervention.
I don't believe I am a victim or entitled, though it is obvious that without the government's intervention (ending slavery, Jim Crow, and lynchings, integrating the military, Brown vs Board of Education, passing the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act, all passed by leftists, BTW), things WOULD be worse in America for black people. If that's a problem, I can't help you there.

Quote:
Anyone who subscribes to the theory of "white privilege" is a pawn of the far left.
No, they just have basic common sense.

I could just as easily say that you believe there's no such thing as white privilege because you, like most whites, benefit from this privilege and don't even realize it.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I don't believe I am a victim or entitled, though it is obvious that without the government's intervention (ending slavery, Jim Crow, and lynchings, integrating the military, Brown vs Board of Education, passing the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act, all passed by leftists, BTW), things WOULD be worse in America for black people. If that's a problem, I can't help you there.

No, they just have basic common sense.

I could just as easily say that you believe there's no such thing as white privilege because you, like most whites, benefit from this privilege and don't even realize it.

Well you could say that, but you'd be dead wrong since I am an Asian American immigrant married to the son of an immigrant and the mother of a bi-racial child. How's that saying about assuming go again?

Old 05-06-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Well you could say that, but you'd be dead wrong since I am an Asian American immigrant married to the son of an immigrant and the mother of a bi-racial child. How's that saying about assuming go again?
Let me ask you a question; do you think that you, as an Asian American, have experienced anything approaching the level of discrimination that African Americans have?

Also, is your husband white? I know that Asians are MUCH more readily accepted into white families as spouses than any type of black person is. Hell, I know a biracial Asian man (dad white, mom Filipina) whose parents were very much against his marrying of an African American woman. How outrageous and hypocritical is that?

I can point to hundreds of discussions on here involving Asian Americans who are as disdainful of blacks as any white person. I am sure you have encountered the same in your travels.

So while I assumed you were white (since you so readily stuck up for them when I assumed you had benefited from white privilege, and you still very much may have), I was not wrong in asserting that you know nothing of the history of discrimination that blacks have gone through in America.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Paraphrasing an article, in 1998 Barr gave the keynote speech at a Council of Conservative Citizens convention; this group is known to hate Blacks, Jews and other "nonwhites"; the fact is, Barr is a known white supremacist despite his own ancestry.

Did you miss the part about "specifics please?"

Old 05-06-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Did you miss the part about "specifics please?"
I could write a book on here; just what I alluded to is more than enough. Sorry.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Let me ask you a question; do you think that you, as an Asian American, have experienced anything approaching the level of discrimination that African Americans have?

Also, is your husband white? I know that Asians are MUCH more readily accepted into white families as spouses than any type of black person is. Hell, I know a biracial Asian man (dad white, mom Filipina) whose parents were very much against his marrying of an African American woman. How outrageous and hypocritical is that?

I can point to hundreds of discussions on here involving Asian Americans who are as disdainful of blacks as any white person. I am sure you have encountered the same in your travels.

So while I assumed you were white (since you so readily stuck up for them when I assumed you had benefited from white privilege, and you still very much may have), I was not wrong in asserting that you know nothing of the history of discrimination that blacks have gone through in America.
Bottom line, in America everyone has equal opportunity to be as much of a sucess or a failure as he/she wants to be. Sadly, many want to be a victim and "blame whitey." I wish you the best, but you really need to work on your bitterness and unforgiveness, it only hurts you.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Bottom line, in America everyone has equal opportunity to be as much of a sucess or a failure as he/she wants to be.
If only that were true.

Quote:
Sadly, many want to be a victim and "blame whitey." I wish you the best, but you really need to work on your bitterness and unforgiveness, it only hurts you.

I blame "whitey" only for white supremacy, which has been the cultural norm here in the Americas (North and Latin), and for not doing enough to erase the legacy of slavery and discrimination created by Europeans and their descendants in this hemisphere. I also believe that America is still a fundamentally unjust society. I do not apologize for feeling this way.

But I also like and love many White people (including many relatives), and appreciate their contributions to our cultures, and I will not apologize for that either.

Yes, I am bitter, but I also have a forgiving spirit. Believe me, if not, growing up there would have been a bunch of white folks whose butts would have been kicked just on G.P. But that did not happen.

I just think this society would be a lot greater if it got rid of the racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies