Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 06:05 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The scientists at NASA, IPCC and NOAA are religious fanatics. I guess 117 in British Vancouver along with the fact that the earth has warmed 1 deg c is part of a massive religious hoax.
Yeah, it pretty much is.

Remember when the "smart" people were screaming "WEATHER ISN'T CLIMATE! LEARN THE DIFFERENCE, MORON!!!"? I'd wager that you've been that guy, at least once. Regardless, now, you're citing a single, anecdotal temperature reading as evidence of anthropogenic climate change? Sorry, but it doesn't work that day. Weather isn't climate, remember?

As for the hoax, yes. The people of the world absolutely have been hoaxed. That's not to say that the climate isn't changing. It's the reaction to it and the hysteria surrounding it which is the hoax. The hoax is the fear being instilled into people, so the powerful can exploit and control them. It's the endless river of tax money being pumped into "research," the outcome of which always favoring the views of those funding it. ALWAYS.

Yeah. It is a religious hoax. And you're the chump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 06:51 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
El Paso, Texas was only 70 degrees F on Monday. Normal maximum temp for June is 96 degrees F.

I am in Northern Oklahoma. Normally in the low 90's. It has been only in the 70's past few days and will stay way below average for the next week.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:01 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
The Dust Bowl was limited to a relatively small area in the United States (the Southern Plains) and lasted about 10 years. The current drought and increasing temperatures in the American West are part of a global warming trend whose end is nowhere near in sight.

Once again, you are comparing past regional phenomena to current climate events which can be correlated to one another on a global scale. I have never stated that the SouthWest was not subjected to severe drought in the past. This has been an accepted truth to the white man for over a hundred years and part of the oral histories of the Zuni, Hopi, and many other present day Pueblo tribes whose ancestors fled Mesa Verde, Casa Grande, and many other places to escape the great droughts of their times.

However, the occurrence of drought in the past does not mean that global warming and the present day droughts that have been caused by it can have no existence in the present. Geography alone will always dictate that the area west of the 100th meridian will be an arid land that gets a mere 20 inches of rain (often less) per year. Man's insistence on burning up every last ounce of coal and every last drop of petroleum will guarantee that the entire planet will have a climate like the one here - west of the 100th meridian - a place becoming rapidly uninhabitable for man.
So an unprovable theory is made up, and all kinds of events, from severe cold waves to severe heat waves to floods, to droughts, to tornadoes and to hurricanes are blamed on this. Then, panic people into "doing something", however ineffective.

I get it.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'll never forget the summer long drought and daily heat that hit Oklahoma and Texas in 2011. It would get to a 100 or better every day. It lasted for at least two months straight. Old timers never saw anything like it.
Yeah, I remember that.

It was brutal.
The "old timers" forgot 1980, I suppose.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:06 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'll never forget the summer long drought and daily heat that hit Oklahoma and Texas in 2011. It would get to a 100 or better every day. It lasted for at least two months straight. Old timers never saw anything like it.
I remember that..lived in Texas then. Huge cracks in the ground; fence posts just popping out; ranchers getting rid of their stock because hay had to be trucked in from out of state and they couldn't afford it.

Wells were going dry all around me. It was brutal.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:08 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
When drastic weather happened in the past, fingers pointed to El Nino or La Nina as they had since the 1600's.
But now....all fingers point to "climate change".

Old 06-29-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
When drastic weather happened in the past, fingers pointed to El Nino or La Nina as they had since the 1600's.
But now....all fingers point to "climate change".
Back during the 1997-8 El Niño Gore blamed it on climate change, and even said "we might never have another La Niña."

Old 06-29-2021, 07:30 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
It's business as usual here with the heat in Phoenix were used to it. Water is going to be big problem in the next few years as the Colorado river is drying up. Farming in the desert never made any sense to me 1/3 evaporates in the this heat waste tons of water but because they lobby so much kept the water flowing until it's too late.
I am NOT a farmer.

But I do keep close track on climate and weather and have done so for over 50 years. And have lived in deserts for much of my life.

Farming is pretty tough when you depend on "GOD" to water your crops. Sometimes he gets busy and forgets!!!

However, bless the Federal employees at the Bureau of Reclamation, they never forget to provide water for crops.

My daughter was almost two when she finally saw it rain for the FIRST TIME. We were in Seattle waiting for the airport shuttle for the flight to Hawaii in December.

It was pouring rain and my daughter asked "daddy what is that falling from the sky". I told her it was RAIN and GOD made it for people that didn't have irrigation systems.

The western water projects have always been about irrigation. Without the farms and irrigation water developed by the Federal government....the largest cities in Arizona today would be Tucson, Tombstone, and Yuma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies