Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2021, 06:44 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times

Advertisements

The CDC scheduled an emergency meeting to look at heart inflammation issues with young people who get the vaccine for today Friday. However, the new Federal Holiday is being celebrated today as the 19th is on Saturday. So now the emergency meeting is getting pushed back to Wednesday-Friday next week.

I understand wanting to respect holidays, but this is bad optics. People are worried about the adverse effects and to delay the emergency meeting back 5 days to celebrate a new holiday seems bad. I know teenagers that aren't allowed to get the vaccine now. If it was a true emergency I would expect the meeting to be handled quicker even if the side effects weren't common. I think the meeting got pushed back once before, but I couldn't find data on that.

Here is what the emergency meeting might recommend 5 days from now:

Quote:
“Looking at the data I think that one may recommend only one dose of an mRNA vaccine for young people, forgo mRNA vaccines or use an Ad vectored vaccine,” Dr. Carlos del Rio, professor of medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Emory University School of Medicine, said in a recent tweet.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/cdc-de...aign=ZeroHedge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 06:55 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
And SOME people say that there has been enough data and enough history to prove that the vaccines are safe.

Well, maybe they ARE safe for 99.5% of the population (or whatever), but what is the difference between the vaccines being "no big deal" for 98% of the population and COVID being "no big deal" for 98% of the population, for example? (The 98% figure is just made up, btw, but I don't think anyone truly has a clue as to what the actual figures are for both COVID or for the vaccines.)

And, yes, the vaccines might very well be safe for 99.5% of the population -- but my point is that I think it is just too soon to say that.

Old 06-18-2021, 07:01 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
The emergency meeting was originally scheduled one week ago for today. Now it’s pushed back another week due to Juneteenth. They sure aren’t treating this as an emergency.

Old 06-18-2021, 07:03 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
It's all about Priorities People.

Old 06-18-2021, 07:06 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,205,098 times
Is it really an EMERGENCY?

Guess not.

Old 06-18-2021, 07:07 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The CDC scheduled an emergency meeting to look at heart inflammation issues with young people who get the vaccine for today Friday. However, the new Federal Holiday is being celebrated today as the 19th is on Saturday. So now the emergency meeting is getting pushed back to Wednesday-Friday next week.

I understand wanting to respect holidays, but this is bad optics. People are worried about the adverse effects and to delay the emergency meeting back 5 days to celebrate a new holiday seems bad. I know teenagers that aren't allowed to get the vaccine now. If it was a true emergency I would expect the meeting to be handled quicker even if the side effects weren't common. I think the meeting got pushed back once before, but I couldn't find data on that.

Here is what the emergency meeting might recommend 5 days from now:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/cdc-de...aign=ZeroHedge
Bingo! This is just what I brought up on another thread - that without any prior notice, the government just shuts down for a day? I know the liberals are focusing their efforts on racism and pro-black issues, but this is ridiculous. At what cost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies