Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 05:08 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
We have political prisoners in Federal prisons locked down seven days a week, no showers, no visitors, for misdemeanors. One severely beaten, losing one eye and the use of one arm, others denied medical care for kidney disease and lymphoma. Very difficult finding lawyers, who have been warned by their firms that it would be career death. If they were black, would they be in jail. Welcome to the American gulag. You know it's bad when Putin shames the Beijing Biden regime.

Too bad they aren't Muslim terrorists in Gitmo with fresh air and sunshine, medical care, Halal meals, board games and Progressive lawyers clamoring to defend them killing American servicemen.
Could you link to a story on this? My googling must be bad. I got generic stuff on prison populations in general.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:16 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Could you link to a story on this? My googling must be bad. I got generic stuff on prison populations in general.
Pretty sure Pilgrim is referring to all the folks arrested and held regarding the Jan 6 riot/insurrection/attack on the Capitol.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:40 AM

...At one point, the judge took issue with an affidavit from someone who said he saw two people hand plastic bags to Postal Service workers in Detroit and "considered" that they could have been improperly submitting ballots.
"I don't think I've really ever seen an affidavit that has made so many leaps," Parker said. "This is really fantastical. So my question to counsel here is how could any of you as officers of the court present this type of an affidavit?"

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...s-over-lawsuit

To the "No one ever looked at the evidence!" crowd out there - be careful what you wish for, you just might get it (even though you already got it, in several instances).

Old 07-13-2021, 05:44 AM

Was against the lawsuit but this reeks of Dems getting revenge on Reps and if it had been a Dem suit, it would have been ignored.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Pretty sure Pilgrim is referring to all the folks arrested and held regarding the Jan 6 riot/insurrection/attack on the Capitol.
Many thinks

Old 07-13-2021, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Was against the lawsuit but this reeks of Dems getting revenge on Reps and if it had been a Dem suit, it would have been ignored.
If professional misconduct/negligence was happening, it deserves to be addressed - ESPECIALLY in cases so nationally visible and relevant.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:52 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
This is hysterical, I hope they hit them up for the court costs.

Quote:
But Parker at times during the hearing appeared displeased with the evidence that was presented to her, suggesting that it was presented in bad faith and unworthy of being submitted in a court proceeding. At one point, the judge took issue with an affidavit from someone who said he saw two people hand plastic bags to Postal Service workers in Detroit and "considered" that they could have been improperly submitting ballots.

"I don't think I've really ever seen an affidavit that has made so many leaps," Parker said. "This is really fantastical. So my question to counsel here is how could any of you as officers of the court present this type of an affidavit?"
https://thehill.com/regulation/court...s-over-lawsuit

Old 07-13-2021, 06:27 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
We have political prisoners in Federal prisons locked down seven days a week, no showers, no visitors, for misdemeanors. One severely beaten, losing one eye and the use of one arm, others denied medical care for kidney disease and lymphoma. Very difficult finding lawyers, who have been warned by their firms that it would be career death. If they were black, would they be in jail. Welcome to the American gulag. You know it's bad when Putin shames the Beijing Biden regime.

Too bad they aren't Muslim terrorists in Gitmo with fresh air and sunshine, medical care, Halal meals, board games and Progressive lawyers clamoring to defend them killing American servicemen.
I dont like the argument that people routinely spend over 6 months in jail waiting for a defender or a hearing, it is certainly not uncommon for people of lower socioeconomic strata's who cant afford representation and bail to spend 6-9 months in jail. Having said that, I dont wish the worst things on other people, so I dont think we should say this is the most unjust thing we do to people we should do it to them, that doesnt make sense to me. I do know that most people charged have not been kept in jail, the typical release rate for federal crimes is 25%, for the Jan 6 people its 75%.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cts-jail-trial

Old 07-13-2021, 06:36 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Research the history of her career and the tactics she has used to get justice.
Remember, she is a military JAG, with top clearance.
She is not, to be a Judge Advocate General you have to be an officer assigned to that Corp. Nor does she hold any clearances, she was in fact denied temporary clearance she requested when she was representing Flynn. Trump floated making her a special counsel who would then have to be approved for a clearance level, she didnt even get nominated. This is just a ridiculous lie.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:49 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
She is not, to be a Judge Advocate General you have to be an officer assigned to that Corp. Nor does she hold any clearances, she was in fact denied temporary clearance she requested when she was representing Flynn. Trump floated making her a special counsel who would then have to be approved for a clearance level, she didnt even get nominated. This is just a ridiculous lie.
Thanks. He never answered when I questioned him about it as I disbelieved it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies