Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 03:59 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yet you’re still talking about him, lol.
Ok. I will stop.
Biden is doing a good job. Love the direction the country is going in. So glad he is president.
There are issues but on balance, I am happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 03:59 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The last paragraph is the most scary.
Exactly. LISTEN TO MY ADVICE. I'm not trying to convert you to conservatism. I'm not even trying to convince you that you're wrong about anything. I'm ONLY trying to get you to start participating in the process required of people living in a country which governs itself. You gotta talk to each other. That's what's not happening, and that's why we're so divided.

If you considered what I wrote, instead of just looking for keywords to react to, you'd recognize that I'm trying to PREVENT more political violence. I'm not threatening anyone.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:02 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Ok. I will stop.
Biden is doing a good job. Love the direction the country is going in. So glad he is president.
There are issues but on balance, I am happy.
Time will tell, but I’d wager you won’t stop, same as the news and many of his haters will never stop.

Gotta admit, I love watching that demented old man stutter, forget, fall up stairs, etc…, while he’s President.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Exactly. LISTEN TO MY ADVICE. I'm not trying to convert you to conservatism. I'm not even trying to convince you that you're wrong about anything. I'm ONLY trying to get you to start participating in the process required of people living in a country which governs itself. You gotta talk to each other. That's what's not happening, and that's why we're so divided.

If you considered what I wrote, instead of just looking for keywords to react to, you'd recognize that I'm trying to PREVENT more political violence. I'm not threatening anyone.
I firmly believe that we should not negotiate with terrorists. I hope whoever is president stands by this.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:09 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
Come on, OP! You forgot to mention all the rampant Killer Windmill destruction ruining the U.S.!!!

Dear leader went on and on about it recently on Sean Hannity. These Killer Windmills are wreaking a destructive
path right thru the center of Mainstreet U.S.A. Just like King Kong! Trump said, "They kill everything"!
LOL.

And you edited out 'the punch line' (see Dane's post #60 on this thread).

Old 06-18-2021, 04:09 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
I firmly believe that we should not negotiate with terrorists. I hope whoever is president stands by this.
lost cause

/ignore

Old 06-18-2021, 04:15 PM

Quote:
lost cause

/ignore
I unfortunately agree. I can not understand or accept as reasonable an overthrow of the government. We have a mechanism for change. Elect different people, amend the laws, enact state laws, let judicial precedent shape laws.
This is how it is done. Threats and violence are wrong.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:19 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
I unfortunately agree. I can not understand or accept as reasonable an overthrow of the government. We have a mechanism for change. Elect different people, amend the laws, enact state laws, let judicial precedent shape laws.
This is how it is done. Threats and violence are wrong.
Tell that to BLM. They are using threats and violence and it seems pretty effective.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Time will tell, but I’d wager you won’t stop, same as the news and many of his haters will never stop.

Gotta admit, I love watching that demented old man stutter, forget, fall up stairs, etc…, while he’s President.
See your happy also. It’s all good.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
lost cause

/ignore
No point. Some of them are extremely happy they can practice discriminatory tolerance based on political affiliations.

The aim must be moved from facile arguments over whether CRT teaches history differently and undermine it’s very foundation by exposing it for what it is. Mass manipulation using “social research” to instill an alienation (read: ressentiment). They’re winning because our new normal is exactly what they hoped and dreamed for. An alienation machine called social media. What could possibly be better to get people to be disenchanted with the system than watching the best moments of everyone else’s life that you don’t seem to be able to ever get to. Watching vacations, parties, weddings, etc. through manufactured scenes meant to make the event look as perfect as possible. Even better if it could all be done 24/7/365 with some sort of handheld device that’s directly linked to the propaganda.

Quote:
Definition of ressentiment
: deep-seated resentment, frustration, and hostility accompanied by a sense of being powerless to express these feelings directly
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ressentiment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies