Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2021, 11:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

The longer that the right is driven by conspiracy theory and not reality, the right will become irrelevant. This is whether you talk about the audits, that Pence had power or January 6th. Anyone who sides with treason or terrorism the like of the Trump support, is not American. I cannot support any politician who supports Trump especially after January 6th. The sooner the right can realize that we need to get away from the conspiracy theories swirling around the far-right, the sooner we will be a two-party country. I think in 2022, we will see the fall-out. I think a number of states will go blue that are currently red like Arizona and perhaps Georgia and Texas based on the way Republicans are going and I think that we may not see the House flip and the Senate go blue. Realistically, the Senate only needs one seat to switch and a number of Senators especially Republican are retiring, leaving open seats in 2022. In a year that is typically a check election, we could see a single party monopoly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2021, 12:12 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I don’t remember that time Obama sent a murderous mob to the capitol to kill his Vice President. Oh yeah, because it didn’t happen.
Talk about being wrong^^^^Trump did no such thing. He never told anyone to do any such thing---and you know it, too. So stop with the falsehoods.

Old 06-20-2021, 12:17 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Talk about being wrong^^^^Trump did no such thing. He never told anyone to do any such thing---and you know it, too. So stop with the falsehoods.
No but he did say fight like Hell. Then what do you know, "protesters" attack police and break into the Capitol Building chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" Trump was very much pouring gasoline on a fire.

Old 06-20-2021, 01:39 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
To be honest, I am not sure what to believe anymore. All of the mainstream media spews lies and half truths 24/7 and then the far right media is doing the same 24/7. The swamp is deep in Washington so nothing would surprise me anymore. There are many things that don’t add up about the election. I mean, just look at Joe! Does he really seem like a candidate that could win a larger number of votes than any candidate in the history of the country? Heck no! He barely campaigned. Then again, republicans have yet to produce any meaningful evidence of fraud. Then again, the swamp is deep and they very well could be involved. Starting with Bush senior, the republicans really tipped towards globalists while sacrificing their home country. Combine that with the ever deepening relationships between big tech/big businesses and government and we no longer have a government working for the people.
With the other major candidate being Trump after 4 years in office?.....Yes.

Old 06-20-2021, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is the democrats that want to get rid of the filibuster and pack the courts to become a dictatorship. You will also be dictated to. No choices allowed.
^^^^^ An irrelevant deflection.

Neither calling Trumpers delusional cultists, nor calling Trump a con man and a criminal, requires that the person doing that calling out be a Democrat.

Everything isn’t ‘Us vs. Them’.

Old 06-20-2021, 02:02 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
He did his duty that he was required to fulfill irregardless of his personal ambitions, views, and opinions.

I guess he no longer qualifies as a Republican who place a higher calling on party than civil duty.

I don't like the guy but he has my respect.
Arizona was presenting sufficient evidence of election fraud to merit further investigation. The "riot" at the Capitol was conveniently timed to shut the presentation of election fraud down. Pence had options other than choosing to stab President Trump and Republican voters in the back. Arizonans don't back down. We demand a full forensic audit. We aren't going away until we have fair,transparent elections.

Old 06-20-2021, 02:09 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No but he did say fight like Hell. Then what do you know, "protesters" attack police and break into the Capitol Building chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" Trump was very much pouring gasoline on a fire.
And you take everything literally, don't you? "Fight like hell" ... take a look at the following link:

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/fighting+like+hell

From the link:

fight like hell
To use all of one's power or effort to fight against something.
I'm planning to fight like hell against this illness, so I'm researching both Western and Eastern methods of treatment.

Stop exaggerating. Not all the protesters attacked people. In fact, the vast majority were peaceful. Besides, antifa was there. There is video out there of people telling some man to stop trying to break windows. Another one shows a Trump supporter approaching some cops and begging them to stop those who were being destructive.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ndows-capitol/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...pitol-n2582785

Here's one from a website that won't trigger you and your ilk:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/19/capit...nounces-siege/

Meanwhile, during the summer of love, BLM and antifa were rioting, looting, burning, destroying businesses and attacking and killing innocent people. Yet there was not a peep from the anti-Trumps.

Old 06-20-2021, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And you take everything literally, don't you? "Fight like hell" ... take a look at the following link:

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/fighting+like+hell

From the link:

fight like hell
To use all of one's power or effort to fight against something.
I'm planning to fight like hell against this illness, so I'm researching both Western and Eastern methods of treatment.

Stop exaggerating. Not all the protesters attacked people. In fact, the vast majority were peaceful. Besides, antifa was there. There is video out there of people telling some man to stop trying to break windows. Another one shows a Trump supporter approaching some cops and begging them to stop those who were being destructive.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ndows-capitol/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...pitol-n2582785

Here's one from a website that won't trigger you and your ilk:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/19/capit...nounces-siege/

Meanwhile, during the summer of love, BLM and antifa were rioting, looting, burning, destroying businesses and attacking and killing innocent people. Yet there was not a peep from the anti-Trumps.
You’re obviously upset.

Why?

If you truly think mkpunk is wrong, there’s no logical reason to care one whit/be upset by what someone who you think is wrong thinks.

The only logical reason that you would be be upset by/care what mkpunk thinks is that you know he is correct and you don’t like facing that and don’t want to admit it .

Old 06-20-2021, 03:17 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
The right is so fractured with infighting . And this is why you better be ready for 4-12 more years of a Biden/Harris or Harris/someone else regime.
And I'm sure Biden will beat Trump's replacement in the 2024 Presidential race: Governor Greg Abbott of Texas. What's Greg thinking? "If George Bush could go from the Texas Governor's mansion to the White House, why can't I?"

Old 06-20-2021, 03:22 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
That is awful. He has been a faithful conservative and Republican for his whole life, and his own jeer and abuse him because he wouldn't go along with a bizarre lie. Because he wouldn't help Trump destroy democracy.
"Democracy?" We don' wan' no stinkin' democracy. It's a vile form where the majority can legally persecute a minority.
AMERICANS are promised a REPUBLICAN FORM of government, where all men are born equal (before the law - none higher) and have Creator endowed rights that governments were instituted to secure. And no democratic "majority" nor election can void those endowments. Only those who consent, are bound to serve.
You DO remember how and when you consented to be governed, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies