Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 12:44 PM

4,559 posts, read 4,100,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Face it, white men don't get much love from the left these days.

Their masculinity is toxic, their whiteness is a cause for much discomfort, their creation of the "patriarchy" has caused much discrimination, their wealth is cause for much "inequity," they are responsible for slavery, etc. etc. etc.

Men vote Republican by quite a bit, in general, and if you include just white men, the number is mid-double digits.

To the leftist white males here, why? Your party hates you. They would call you a racist or "part of the problem" at the drop of a hat.

Your "kind" is not what they like to focus on nowadays. How do you support a party that is so race and gender based, and against YOU!?
I am a white male. I provide healthcare to a predominantly black and immigrant neighborhood in Detroit. By your assumption I should need body guards to protect me from all the hate.

I personally will never vote for Republicans in their current form. All the race and gender complaints to me are an offshoot of the true problem of wealth inequality and starving many communities of basic resources in order to enhance the wealth of elites. Republicans currently offer no solutions with the 1 possible exception of Romney’s child care allowance. Of course few other Republicans support it.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:47 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I am a white male. I provide healthcare to a predominantly black and immigrant neighborhood in Detroit. By your assumption I should need body guards to protect me from all the hate.

I personally will never vote for Republicans in their current form. All the race and gender complaints to me are an offshoot of the true problem of wealth inequality and starving many communities of basic resources in order to enhance the wealth of elites. Republicans currently offer no solutions with the 1 possible exception of Romney’s child care allowance. Of course few other Republicans support it.

How much of your income do you voluntarily send to feed, clothe, support all the people you claim to care about or do you just want everyone else to pay for it?

Old 06-23-2021, 01:21 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
To the leftist white males here, why? Your party hates you.
Because I care more than just about me.

Old 06-23-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The fact that every progressive sees you as a white supremacist who never earned anything yourself and who owes people of color reparations because you’re white?

Also, Democrats created the KKK.

Your liberal political ideology cannot hide your skin color. You’re still a privileged white male in the eyes of Democrats and it’s time to pay your reparations. Asians and Jewish Americans are the same: privileged prosperous demographics ignored by Democrats because they aren’t permanent victims.
Why doesn't anyone on the left recognize any of this?

Old 06-23-2021, 01:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I don’t see you marching against black on black violence.

Why aren’t all these white liberals marching in dangerous black neighborhoods? Oh they don’t live there.

Old 06-23-2021, 01:24 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Most of the left doesn’t believe any of that.

Old 06-23-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post

You care so much that you vote for people to be forced by the government to support other people. Sounds violent. It's almost like charity would work better but then you might actually have to kick in enough to prove you care as much as you claim.

Old 06-23-2021, 01:28 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
You care so much that you vote for people to be forced by the government to support other people. Sounds violent.
No, that sounds like being a decent human.

Old 06-23-2021, 01:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Their white guilt blinds them.

See, in their mind, as long as white male Democrats are progressives, they’re one of the “good whites” and are protected.

But liberalism makes no such distinction, as long as you are white, you never had to work hard a day in your life and you’re the enemy. You colonized Africa and you enslaved African Americans, so basically you’re the permanent villain to blacks worldwide despite being 100% innocent.

Welcome to critical race theory 101.

Old 06-23-2021, 01:32 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Their white guilt blinds them.

See, in their mind, as long as white male Democrats are progressives, they’re one of the “good whites” and are protected.

But liberalism makes no such distinction, as long as you are white, you never had to work hard a day in your life and you’re the enemy. You colonized Africa and you enslaved African Americans, so basically you’re the permanent villain to blacks worldwide despite being 100% innocent.

Welcome to critical race theory 101.
No, liberalism doesn’t say any of that. Perhaps you are talking about cultural Marxism? The two are not the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies