Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 03:17 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

This sort of falls under the auspices of if you play the game you suffer the consequences. They include Attorney General William Barr, Jeffrey Rosen, U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, and White House counsel Pat Cipollone.

Who wants to be tainted with have a lawyer on staff who worked for such a disgraced President? I really don't feel sorry for those people.

I'm willing to bet virtually no lawyer working for Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 or Obama were ostracized. Why? Because none of those Presidents were toxic, like Trump was.

https://hillreporter.com/its-trump-d...et-jobs-104330
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 03:32 PM

23,608 posts, read 12,543,921 times
leftist cancel culture

Old 06-19-2021, 03:44 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
I wonder if they are being too picky about what they want. Yes, I am sure there are some firms and other private employers that don't want the attention and controversy that hiring one of these folks might bring. But there are also a lot of firms and organizations that support Trump that I assume would not hold their employment with the White House against them. Do they mean they just haven't gotten the plum positions they were hoping for and could get something else?

I realize some people work well past 65, but you'd think most of these guys could consider simply retiring. I would have to imagine they've been smart and successful enough to have a nest egg given that they were able to attain the positions they did. Also let's face it, there is age discrimination in hiring, no question. Cipollone is 55, but Lighthizer is 63 and Barr and Rosen are both over 70. Not saying age discrimination is good, because it isn't. But it is reality.

Last edited by CrowGirl; 06-19-2021 at 04:05 PM..

Old 06-19-2021, 03:55 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
This sort of falls under the auspices of if you play the game you suffer the consequences. They include Attorney General William Barr, Jeffrey Rosen, U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, and White House counsel Pat Cipollone.

Who wants to be tainted with have a lawyer on staff who worked for such a disgraced President? I really don't feel sorry for those people.

I'm willing to bet virtually no lawyer working for Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 or Obama were ostracized. Why? Because none of those Presidents were toxic, like Trump was.

They way you describe is the image created by biased media misinformation, propaganda, and lies. Under Biden we have skyrocketing gas prices, inflation taking off, a humanitarian disaster at the boarder, and an extremely divided nation (when Biden promised to unify).

Old 06-19-2021, 04:05 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
leftist cancel culture

Wonder how lefty is going to feel when they get cancelled? Only the foolish believe the pendulum isn't in motion.

Old 06-19-2021, 04:13 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:

The word you're looking for is "intolerance". It's not a good look for anyone, even Trump haters.

Old 06-19-2021, 04:18 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Wonder how lefty is going to feel when they get cancelled? Only the foolish believe the pendulum isn't in motion.

The nature of the very universe -- the pendulum is always in motion!

Old 06-19-2021, 04:25 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Employers have the right to question a job candidate's judgment. These lawyers clearly demonstrated poor judgment on several levels. They probably were never paid for their services to Trump. I would not hire them. Maybe used car sales, televangelists, or flippin' burgers would work.

Old 06-19-2021, 04:36 PM

23,608 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
They way you describe is the image created by biased media misinformation, propaganda, and lies. Under Biden we have skyrocketing gas prices, inflation taking off, a humanitarian disaster at the boarder, and an extremely divided nation (when Biden promised to unify).
You nailed it with the bolded. The article talks about only one person yet throws a bunch of other names out there like they are also having problems getting a job 'because Trump'. As you can see the Trump haters are eagerly lapping up the propaganda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Foolish lefties don't even realize there is a pendulum.

Old 06-19-2021, 05:00 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,130,026 times
Quote:

Agreed. There is no shortage of jobs for well-qualified professionals. Nobody was forced to work for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies