Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 10:12 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
The left have no chance of winning against Trump. That's why they are fighting like crazy to get their CRAZY policies passed before 2022 and 2024. They know they will soon be doomed. Ignoring the border isn't their brightest idea and why I think some dems and those in the middle will sway to Trump.

It'll be interesting for sure. Trump can for sure win against Kamallla...don't know who else would run on that side.

I'd love Trump pres and Desantis VP. They would whip this country back in shape in no time and the economy will boom once again!!!!! No more doom and gloom! YMCA dudududududud YMCA. We need music symbol smilies.
Hmm. The corporations be happy. The rest would get the shaft with these two. I don’t think Disantis going anywhere. He’s small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 07:26 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Voting for a guy you know will only have one term, is a wasted vote in my opinion. Then again, didn't dems vote for 0'Biden knowing he was a one term president?
Right ... we now know what Trump is about how will govern and what he would do once in, especially now that he has experienced knowing the lengths they are going to go to stop him. Would set his veep up to carry on . If it were Desantis I would have no problem voting for him.

As you said... Biden on the other hand you were basically voting for Kmala who couldn't get elected on her own and wont get elected with out interference.

Old 06-22-2021, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He would be a fool not to run against Trump because he would win the nomination.
Not going to happen... Trumps approval in the party is way too high and any one running needs his base. That is why Pence will not run and Nicky Haley will never be President. Desantis understands this .

Old 06-22-2021, 07:34 AM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,072 times
Anyone as long it keeps Rick Scott out of the running. Trump and DeSantis are loud, abrasive, in your face - Rick Scott is more a Mr. Burns type villain, more dangerous in my mind. Thankfully due to his slimy, aloof nature, I can't see him doing well in a national election.

I do think DeSantis struggles to compose himself when faced with difficult questions, tends to come out swinging a bit too aggressively which in years gone by might have been seen as a disadvantage, but seems to fit in well with Trump's base support currently.

Old 06-22-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Anyone as long it keeps Rick Scott out of the running. Trump and DeSantis are loud, abrasive, in your face - Rick Scott is more a Mr. Burns type villain, more dangerous in my mind. Thankfully due to his slimy, aloof nature, I can't see him doing well in a national election.

I do think DeSantis struggles to compose himself when faced with difficult questions, tends to come out swinging a bit too aggressively which in years gone by might have been seen as a disadvantage, but seems to fit in well with Trump's base support currently.
You nailed it . The timing for Desantis is perfect, after Trump Desantis can almost seem like a calm voice of reason while nailing you to the wall. A velvet hammer of sorts.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:35 AM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
So you think Trump will run again? If he does, then I hope no one challenges him. One of the things I love to see is Democrats tear each other apart during the primaries. Republicans don't do contentious primaries.
2016 Republican debates were a lot more aggressive and roughhouse than anything the Democrats did.
2024 probably won't be as aggressive, because Trump is a President, and the other candidates know they'll lose support if they are too aggressive toward him.
Its a fact he's running-
"You know for campaign finance reasons, you really can't do it too early because it becomes a whole different thing," Trump told Owens. "Otherwise I think I'd give you an answer that you'd be very happy with."
https://www.the-sun.com/news/us-news...candace-owens/

Old 06-23-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
2016 Republican debates were a lot more aggressive and roughhouse than anything the Democrats did.
2024 probably won't be as aggressive, because Trump is a President, and the other candidates know they'll lose support if they are too aggressive toward him.
Its a fact he's running-
"You know for campaign finance reasons, you really can't do it too early because it becomes a whole different thing," Trump told Owens. "Otherwise I think I'd give you an answer that you'd be very happy with."
https://www.the-sun.com/news/us-news...candace-owens/
I doubt there will be much debating in the 24 GOP primary.

Old 06-23-2021, 03:38 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Has nothing to do with fear, if Trump is running then DeSantis won't get most of the MAGA vote
I would have a tough time choosing between Trump and DeSantis.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
Seriously? You don't remember Trump calling Cruz's wife ugly and accusing his father of being involved in the assassination of JFK? You don't remember Trump claiming that the Iowa caucus was rigged? If Trump is going to be involved with the primary and things aren't going his way it will get ugly for the Republicans.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:48 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Trump can't allow Desantis to gain any traction. He will have to start insulting him. Desantis is pretty short. "Little" is already used for Marco. What would be a good name for Desantis? Shorty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies