Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 10:11 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Do as I say, not as I do.

The Joke Woke Cult.

Such a Shame - these Freaks Are.
Typical tyrant thinking pattern. EVERYTHING I do is OK, everything you do that I don't like is NOT OK. You are judged evil, therefore. I am good, OTOH. Simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 10:12 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It needs to be demonstrated to actually be "that sort of club" first, no?'
No. Senator Whitehouse's response in the video included in the OP confirms it.

You are being intentionally obtuse. Please, stop it.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:15 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No. Senator Whitehouse's response in the video included in the OP confirms it.

You are being intentionally obtuse. Please, stop it.
Oblique comments are not evidence. Whitehouse's spokesman came out and explicitly claimed the club "has had and has" minority members.

I will happily condemn both him and the club - I have already done so earlier in this thread - once it is demonstrably true.

Last edited by hooligan; 06-23-2021 at 10:23 AM..

Old 06-23-2021, 10:19 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,240,321 times
Quote:
Whitehouse spokesman Richard Davidson told the Washington Post Monday that the beach club has "'no such restrictive policy' regarding the race or ethnicity of its members."

“The club has had and has members of color,” Davidson told the Post.
And if you want to talk hypocrisy, how about all those pro-lifers trying to abort their mistresses' babies?

Honestly, I don't want to go there AT ALL. But I think this story is an attempted cheap shot with almost zero relevance. (Because I'm apparently "woke," I will acknowledge that there are race/class/income disparities in all of these "exclusive" clubs. But I haven't thought through the legal implications of that, if there are any.)

Last edited by gus2; 06-23-2021 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: ETA link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/06/21/sheldon-whitehouse-defends-ties-to-exclusive-rhode-island-b

Old 06-23-2021, 10:22 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
These people are all hypocrites, all of them. How many of these people preach, push, cajole and ramrod all of this far left ultra PC stuff down people's throats, yet they are the first to run off to all white uber rich gated communities complete with private security and walls?

LOL, you think Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell are hanging out in the ghetto and keeping it real?

Old 06-23-2021, 10:31 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Oblique comments are not evidence. Whitehouse's spokesman came out and explicitly claimed the club "has had and has" minority members.

I will happily condemn both him and the club - I have already done so earlier in this thread - once it is demonstrably true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
And if you want to talk hypocrisy, how about all those pro-lifers trying to abort their mistresses' babies?

Honestly, I don't want to go there AT ALL. But I think this story is an attempted cheap shot with almost zero relevance. (Because I'm apparently "woke," I will acknowledge that there are race/class/income disparities in all of these "exclusive" clubs. But I haven't thought through the legal implications of that, if there are any.)
"Members of color"? What does that supposedly mean? And just because the club does not have a written policy to the effect that BLACK people are not allowed to be members - I am sure they do not have any such written policy - does not mean that there is not a de facto, 'unwritten' policy.

The club has not refuted it, Senator Whitehouse has not refuted it, and this has been going on for 20 years now. There is no telling who this lackey staffer is that has come out to make this statement, but we all know what a bunch of relentless, unconscionable liars that Democrat leftists are, as has been and continues to be routinely demonstrated for all to see.

Produce the current BLACK member of this club - immediately - or Senator Whitehouse should apologize and resign from the club and divest his membership in it.

Again, the controversy here is not the existence of such a club, but rather the prominent leadership and participation in such a club by a loudmouth, blowhard, hypocritical, virtue-signaling poser Democrat left US Senator, who weaponizes the issue of race and "white supremacy" for partisan political purposes, and then is caught behaving in a manner that he would shrilly condemn at maximum volume, if it was a Republican who was the member and owner of such a club.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
These people are all hypocrites, all of them. How many of these people preach, push, cajole and ramrod all of this far left ultra PC stuff down people's throats, yet they are the first to run off to all white uber rich gated communities complete with private security and walls?

LOL, you think Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell are hanging out in the ghetto and keeping it real?
Jim Crow never left, they just changed their tactics.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:56 AM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Jim Crow never left, they just changed their tactics.
Jim Crow never left the Democrat Party, that's for sure.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:57 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
"Members of color"? What does that supposedly mean? And just because the club does not have a written policy to the effect that BLACK people are not allowed to be members - I am sure they do not have any such written policy - does not mean that there is not a de facto, 'unwritten' policy.

The club has not refuted it, Senator Whitehouse has not refuted it, and this has been going on for 20 years now. There is no telling who this lackey staffer is that has come out to make this statement, but we all know what a bunch of relentless, unconscionable liars that Democrat leftists are, as has been and continues to be routinely demonstrated for all to see....
"Members of color" is a catch-all term to mean non-white. How are you not aware of this?

Senator Whitehouse's spokesman has directly refuted the claim.

So, here we are. Someone needs to provide proof, one way or the other.

Old 06-23-2021, 11:00 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,240,321 times
Quote:
Produce the current BLACK member of this club - immediately
So, someone who just wants to enjoy a nearby pool and tennis court should have their privacy violated to satisfy your beef?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies