Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 12:13 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

my goodness. 30 posts in, and this thread remains remarkably uncontaminated by leftists..

Washington Post slammed for video highlighting expert's call for 'period of deep shame' for White people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 12:25 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times
White members of the "woke" demonstrate the characteristics of "Stockholm Syndrome".

I have zero shame or guilt for being white. Why would I???

I am starting to believe that the people who claim that we are being trolled (by foreign interests) into all of the current strife are correct.

Old 06-22-2021, 12:27 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,167,096 times
Bezos needs to sell off the w post for real! Also it's ok to be white

Old 06-23-2021, 11:25 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
my goodness. 30 posts in, and this thread remains remarkably uncontaminated by leftists..

Washington Post slammed for video highlighting expert's call for 'period of deep shame' for White people
They can’t defend it so they hope it will just die naturally, or pretend like they don’t know anything about it.

Old 06-23-2021, 09:05 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

I would love to hear from the forum progressives. Hey progressives, what are your thoughts on this? Do you support it? How do you deal with your "white shame," and do you think you are doing enough?

Chime in!

Old 06-23-2021, 09:38 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Will there be a similar service for "black shame." If not, why not? Is it only whites who are privileged enough to get such a service? How racist. What we actually need is a group of mental health experts to stem the stupidity epidemic and stamp out systematic idiocy.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:05 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
At some point there needs to be a name for this and an entry in the DSM-5.
Until then, we can toss it under delusional disorder.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:27 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I would love to hear from the forum progressives. Hey progressives, what are your thoughts on this? Do you support it? How do you deal with your "white shame," and do you think you are doing enough?

Chime in!
I repped many of the posts. I especially like what Taratova had to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I have worked along side blacks for decades, blacks have been my boss, so I never thought they were oppressed in any way. We got along great. Someone invented racism and it can become a poison in society . It is now being reborn by the democrat party.

Anyone can have privilege. My black boss had more privileges than I did but that is the way it goes. Position, fame, money , intelligence, ideas, education can give privileges.

There are oppressed people of all races. Let's get real. I have seen underprivileged in all colors too.

I live in a diverse neighborhood where all races live . I don't see this oppression of any child here or anyone who lives here. We have come a very long way. Every race, the Italians, the Irish, the Germans came here poor and had to work their way up . Every race does . This is America. The door is opened for all Americans.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:44 PM

2,820 posts, read 2,287,063 times
This isn't surprising. Over the past 8 years, establishment publications have undergone major shift in how they cover racial/cultural issues. Post-Ferguson/Trump/George Floyd, the WaPo, NYTs, NPR have all adopted solidly leftist framings in their coverage of racial/cultural issues.

In 2011, elite publications were composed of mostly liberal reporters who were more or less committed to traditional "journalistic school" norms of procedural fairness. It obviously wasn't perfectly "objective", the coverage was generally more sympathetic to the left. But, stories such as this would have been framed from more of an observational "some scholars are calling for white americans to recognize their racial identity."

Now, elite establishment publications generally present these stories from an overtly liberal prospective. Concepts like white privilege and systemic racism aren't presented as social theories, but as social facts beyond dispute. Not too different from how Fox News covers issues.

Among elite media reporters, aiming to be "objective" is increasingly seen as both impossible and ethically wrong or at least biased against marginalized groups. See Wesley Lowery's criticisms: https://badgerherald.com/news/2020/1...lism-students/

A couple examples of the more overtly liberal media posture in elite media:
This NRP report on Asian-Americans reads like a press release from liberal advocacy organization: https://twitter.com/npr/status/13982...687492?lang=en. This is like a Fox report on white poverty called "The myth of white privilege." Ten years ago, NPR's report would likely have been more of a balanced "Asians have high average educational and incomes on average, but poverty and discrimination remain issues."

Here is a WaPo reporter's (not opinion columnist) twitter feed. It's really hard to distinguish her tweets from that of a liberal activist. She's probably more overtly liberal than other elite reporters, but can anyone find a comparably conservative leaning twitter feed among elite mainstream media reporters?
https://twitter.com/tracyjan?lang=en

Maybe this is for the best? Maybe objectivity is truly impossible and it is better reporters just be overt about their "prospective." WaPo, NYT, NRP, MSNBC, VOX present issues from the left, Fox News and National Review presents it from the right. Other publications like the Economist, Bloomberg, CS Monitor have frames that are less overtly right-left. Just note their organizational biases and read broadly and critically.

Last edited by jpdivola; 06-23-2021 at 11:15 PM..

Old 06-24-2021, 08:01 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Just read the posts of the Leftists here. A great cross section of the mass Indoctrination, mass hysteria and mass insanity. Nazi Germany and especially Goebbels would be envious in how widespread and well Propaganda works on so many.
How do people not see history repeating itself? People need to wake up to the deep evil that's spreading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies