Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the FBI had a role in creating the January 6th riot?
Yes 21 42.86%
Probably 14 28.57%
Probably not 5 10.20%
Definitely not 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 11:44 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Most everyone used to trust the FBI. But after it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Comey went after a sitting President with a fake dossier, that opened everyone’s eyes to the possibility that this type of thing could’ve been going on since the Hoover days.
Comey literally got Trump elected...many would argue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 11:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Conservatives VS law enforcement now, huh?

Blue Lives Matter….right? Back then Blue. Just comply. They wouldn’t have killed him if he hadn’t blinked his eyes. They had to shoot him because he was breathing too hard. The cop felt threatened when the suspect scratched his itching forehead…he HAD to shoot him.

Lol…just astonishing.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:54 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
"The party of law and order" sure does seem to bend over backwards to justify things when it's their criminals under discussion.....

Old 07-22-2021, 12:06 PM

6,340 posts, read 2,889,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
He went into this last night. Brought up a case or two where the FBI did indeed manipulate a situation.
Yes. He cited the Buzzfeed article which I just checked out about the Gov. Gretchen Whitmer case.

Quote:
The government has documented at least 12 confidential informants who assisted the sprawling investigation. The trove of evidence they helped gather provides an unprecedented view into American extremism, laying out in often stunning detail the ways that anti-government groups network with each other and, in some cases, discuss violent actions.
An examination of the case by BuzzFeed News also reveals that some of those informants, acting under the direction of the FBI, played a far larger role than has previously been reported. Working in secret, they did more than just passively observe and report on the actions of the suspects. Instead, they had a hand in nearly every aspect of the alleged plot, starting with its inception. The extent of their involvement raises questions as to whether there would have even been a conspiracy without them.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-fbi-informant

Look like they have a good case for entrapment to me.

Old 07-22-2021, 12:50 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
LOTS of allegations here, little/NO proof of anything!

Not surprising to see a FOX talking head involved.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:03 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I don't think they had a role but I definitely think they knew it was going to happen and sat back and just waited.

I wouldn't be surprised either if they had informants encouraging people to act in ways they might not have otherwise.

I do think thought there are people who are far too nieve and ignorant about what law enforcement can do and I do think they need to smarten up and get educated.
I think they had a role. Are you aware that 12 of the 17 people who plotted to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer were FBI informants? They were involved in the plot from its inception. One of the FBI men was an Iraq War veteran who became a leader of the movement and even trained the men on military tactics. The FBI suggested the plot and trained the men and even paid for the men to travel and stay in hotels. It’s so bad that even Buzzfeed wrote an article about it.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Of course we are discussing the FBI under Trump....so who knows.
Yeah, everyone knows the FBI were working FOR Trump and not AGAINST him, right?

Old 07-22-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Comey literally got Trump elected...many would argue.
You would argue. I would argue he figured out Trump might actually win so he hedged his bets.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Yes. He cited the Buzzfeed article which I just checked out about the Gov. Gretchen Whitmer case.

Look like they have a good case for entrapment to me.
Just noticed you posted about this as well.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:33 PM

4,653 posts, read 1,947,611 times
The fact is the FBI has done it in the past, this is news to no one. Which opens up the possibility that they did it this time as well. Given how many in Government seemed so concerned about far right extremists it wouldn't surprise me. Simply look at some of the statements made by Government officials about this concern and their fear of Trump. General Milley for instance, I don't care if you think he is right or is a nut job the fact that he feels the way he does is a sign that there are people with the power to make such an effort as Tucker described happen. All for what they consider the good of the country of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies