Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2021, 02:02 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
That's ridiculous. Why are you encouraging people to bring children into this world that they can't properly, feed, clothe and shelter? That's irresponsible.

It's good that birthrates "are near historic lows". We don't have unlimited potable water or buildable land. The southwest is having water shortages. There are places that have to have their water trucked in.

In the 60s and 70s, liberals were all about ZPG. Some were so concerned as to the future of the earth, that they decided to not have children. Now you and your ilk are doing a 180 and encouraging overpopulation. You can't have overpopulation while wringing your hands over the environment and green living. Those issues are incompatible.
Why are you encouraging people to bring children into this world that they can't properly, feed, clothe and shelter?

For the record I would prefer that those people don't breed but would rather just the Conservative Christians would. That would be the ideal.

It's good that birthrates "are near historic lows". We don't have unlimited potable water or buildable land. The southwest is having water shortages. There are places that have to have their water trucked in.

Nonsense! All a bunch of commie -lib environmental nonsense! we are far from over populated in this country. We have and endless supply of water, we are surrounded by water but you and your ilk wont let us build desalinization plants.

You can't have overpopulation while wringing your hands over the environment and green living

I do not wring my hands nor have I ever wrung my hands over the environment and green living ...quite the contrary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 02:03 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
We absolutely would not be better off, our economy depends on more people , Hence the old adage, Every one should have 3 kids "One for Mom , one for Dad and one for the country" In other words if you don't have a positive replacement rate your country will die.
The problems we face from low birth rates far outweigh anything to the contrary.

The overall fertility rate fell to the lowest on record since the government began tracking it in the 1930s.

The rate is below what experts consider the "replacement rate," the number of new babies needed to keep the population level stable.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/birthrate...07/id/1024173/
More ridiculousness.

Where is the potable water and buildable land going to come from?

Do you even care about environmental degradation?

If the economy depends on more people, then what you will have is a Ponzi scheme that will eventually crash, like all Ponzi schemes do. SS is a Ponzi scheme that requires workers to pay into the system. Then what happens when those workers retire? Bring in even more workers? Once again, you neglect the fact that we don't have unlimited buildable land or potable water.

We will manage. The Japanese are managing just fine with allowing only very small numbers of immigrants.

We don't want to deplete the earth's natural resources. Why are you encouraging this to happen?

Old 06-25-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Why are you encouraging people to bring children into this world that they can't properly, feed, clothe and shelter?

For the record I would prefer that those people don't breed but would rather just the Conservative Christians would. That would be the ideal.

Nonsense! All a bunch of commie -lib environmental nonsense! we are far from over populated in this country. We have and endless supply of water, we are surrounded by water but you and your ilk wont let us build desalinization plants.

You can't have overpopulation while wringing your hands over the environment and green living

I do not wring my hands nor have I ever wrung my hands over the environment and green living ...quite the contrary.
I addressed all your talking points in my last post.

You think it's "nonsense" that the southwest is experiencing water shortages? You don't believe that there are people who have to have their water trucked in?

You think every single piece of land is buildable? Do you really not know that the reason why in some areas in the desert, you don't see homes? Those areas have no water supply. I don't know if you've taken the time to visit many states. If you have, and see that one lone house in a desert area, that house has to have its water trucked in.

Yes, you just admitted it --- You don't care about the environment. That's why you aren't wringing your hands.

Educate yourself on this issue. You can start below:

Let's Put Everybody into Texas

Old 06-25-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
More ridiculousness.

Where is the potable water and buildable land going to come from?

Do you even care about environmental degradation?

If the economy depends on more people, then what you will have is a Ponzi scheme that will eventually crash, like all Ponzi schemes do. SS is a Ponzi scheme that requires workers to pay into the system. Then what happens when those workers retire? Bring in even more workers? Once again, you neglect the fact that we don't have unlimited buildable land or potable water.

We will manage. The Japanese are managing just fine with allowing only very small numbers of immigrants.

We don't want to deplete the earth's natural resources. Why are you encouraging this to happen?
More nonsense , in fact, you have it exactly backwards . Have you never heard of the baby boom ? Boomers ? The troubles we face is exactly because they did not have a high enough replacement rate to support them/the country. Have you not heard the argument for immigration ... because we need those people to sustain our economy? People are the lifeblood of an economy. period.
Japan is not managing just fine , they are going to be in real trouble and fall behind.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:27 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,481,894 times
Quote:
We absolutely would not be better off, our economy depends on more people , Hence the old adage, Every one should have 3 kids "One for Mom , one for Dad and one for the country" In other words if you don't have a positive replacement rate your country will die.
The problems we face from low birth rates far outweigh anything to the contrary.

The overall fertility rate fell to the lowest on record since the government began tracking it in the 1930s.

The rate is below what experts consider the "replacement rate," the number of new babies needed to keep the population level stable.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/birthrate...07/id/1024173/
Where do you get this attitude? Do you want the US to become another overcrowded India, Bangladesh or China where people live in crowded squalor, water and air is polluted and plant and animal species are pushed to extinction? A neighbor is a former Californian. He even says that his former state has too many people and he is concerned about forest fires.

I would prefer a dying country to a dying planet. Your economic view of a growing population is a Ponzi scheme. Our numbers and penchant for consumerism and consumption will kill our only home.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I addressed all your talking points in my last post.

You think it's "nonsense" that the southwest is experiencing water shortages? You don't believe that there are people who have to have their water trucked in?

You think every single piece of land is buildable? Do you really not know that the reason why in some areas in the desert, you don't see homes? Those areas have no water supply. I don't know if you've taken the time to visit many states. If you have, and see that one lone house in a desert area, that house has to have its water trucked in.

Yes, you just admitted it --- You don't care about the environment. That's why you aren't wringing your hands.

Educate yourself on this issue. You can start below:

Let's Put Everybody into Texas
Do you really not know that the reason why in some areas in the desert, you don't see homes?

You do understand that's why it is called a desert?

I don't know if you've taken the time to visit many states. If you have, and see that one lone house in a desert area, that house has to have its water trucked in.

I'm pretty well educated on the issue . I live in Texas , I can go out on my land today and look at 1 inch wide cracks a foot deep in the ground.
Here a news flash, people choose to live in that lone house in the desert and have their water trucked in.
You obviously are in deep in the whole global warming hysteria.. Probably not much chance we will find much common ground.
I do have a question for you though. Where did you stand on the whole kung flu issue ? Were you scared to death that people were going to die ? If so how do you square that with your fear of overpopulation ?

Old 06-25-2021, 02:35 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Immigration has historically helped economies in the USA, even if the Trump fanboys and girls don't like it. Now a very interesting economic impact assessment article showing why if the USA wants to continue to lead, they need, I mean, really, really need, immigration, and a lot more of it.

https://theconversation.com/the-dip-...-may-be-161169
Lies.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
Where do you get this attitude? Do you want the US to become another overcrowded India, Bangladesh or China where people live in crowded squalor, water and air is polluted and plant and animal species are pushed to extinction? A neighbor is a former Californian. He even says that his former state has too many people and he is concerned about forest fires.

I would prefer a dying country to a dying planet. Your economic view of a growing population is a Ponzi scheme. Our numbers and penchant for consumerism and consumption will kill our only home.
The United States has a population density of about 92 people per square mile. India ? 1098 per sq mile. Bangladesh ? about 2900, China 300+. Lets stop with the hyperbole.
If all those liberals that keep threatening to move to Canada would keep their word we will be just fine.

Last edited by silas777; 06-25-2021 at 02:56 PM..

Old 06-25-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Jesus also said "Render unto Caesar that which is his". He also told his followers to obey the laws of the land. Illegal aliens do none of those things.
Jesus also said ... "be fruitful and multiply". See how that works ? We could do this all day.

Old 06-25-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Do you really not know that the reason why in some areas in the desert, you don't see homes?

You do understand that's why it is called a desert?

I don't know if you've taken the time to visit many states. If you have, and see that one lone house in a desert area, that house has to have its water trucked in.

I'm pretty well educated on the issue . I live in Texas , I can go out on my land today and look at 1 inch wide cracks a foot deep in the ground.
Here a news flash, people choose to live in that lone house in the desert and have their water trucked in.
You obviously are in deep in the whole global warming hysteria.. Probably not much chance we will find much common ground.
I do have a question for you though. Where did you stand on the whole kung flu issue ? Were you scared to death that people were going to die ? If so how do you square that with your fear of overpopulation ?
The whole point went way over your head. No surprise.

I'm not "deep into the global warming hysteria". However, anyone who is paying attention knows that there aren't enough natural resources to keep the population growing to infinity.

I see what you're doing---trying to divert the discussion. I'm not going to get into COVID with you. Start a thread about that.

Everybody should fear overpopulation. Even you.

You aren't as well educated on this issue as you claim. My point about that lone house in the desert having to have water trucked in is this --- It's a stark example as to how we don't have unlimited buildable land. Nor do we have unlimited potable water. As I said, the point went way over your head.

You don't know that there is a Navajo reservation that has water but it's not potable due to it being contaminated with naturally occurring uranium. They have to have their water trucked in. What water that is delivered to them has to be used sparingly. Just because you see lakes and rivers doesn't mean that everyone of them contains potable water.

You want everybody to have three or more kids. Not everyone can afford to have three kids. Others can't afford to have any at all. People who have kids they can't support become a burden on society.

I want better for my grandkids than an overcrowded country that is running out of natural resources. It's a real shame that you don't want the same for your descendants.

You just don't get it and refuse to get it. No more point in talking to you. Buh bye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies