Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 11:37 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,361,298 times

Advertisements

Lol what propaganda.

So, the US should have a population of 1 BILLION in the future??? All enjoying a Western lifestyle that is going to completely trash the environment and natural resources?

Increased immigration is all about promoting and prolonging the Central Banking Ponzi scheme of unending economic growth and asset price appreciation (real estate and stocks).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 11:39 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
what about Canada? Where will their economic growth and success come from?
Hopefully increased immigration.

Oh, wait! Look at this! Canada! Canada is working hard to increase immigration.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nent-residents

It also takes in more refugees than the USA, while only having 1/10th the population.

Old 06-22-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What would Canadian population growth look like without immigration?? I suspect, like Australia, it would be negligible or decline.

I'm sure others have already addressed this, but why are you disingenuously conflating immigration with illegal immigration??
80% of Canada's population growth comes from immigration.

Old 06-22-2021, 11:42 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Lol what propaganda.

So, the US should have a population of 1 BILLION in the future??? All enjoying a Western lifestyle that is going to completely trash the environment and natural resources?

Increased immigration is all about promoting and prolonging the Central Banking Ponzi scheme of unending economic growth and asset price appreciation (real estate and stocks).
you don't think letting in millions of third worlders to take mostly low paying jobs and then receive oodles of taxpayer money in the form of social security, welfare, and medicare will boost the economy?

what are you, some kind of bigot?

Old 06-22-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You beat me to the punch. OP apparently thinks that his article explaining why we need immigrants applies to millions of unskilled, uneducated illegals swarming over the boarder, and who are a net drain both economically and in our education system.

And before some liberal exclaims about all the poor people coming into Ellis Island around the turn of the last century, that was before we had to support them - give their kids breakfast, lunch, and once they drop an anchor baby, get in on the subsidized housing, food stamps, and all the other welfare benefits.

We need educated, self-supporting immigrants - not the other.
You may want to stop exposing your prejudice and lack of knowledge of facts.

Immigrants follow a pattern. The first generation is moderately successful, with some struggling. However, the second generation of those generations almost universally succeed more than homegrown people.

The positive impact on the economy is not my opinion. It IS fact. I don't make claims I can't reference.

The Economic Policy Institute states that immigrants have an outsized role in U.S. economic output because they are disproportionately likely to be working and are concentrated among prime working ages.

https://www.epi.org/publication/immigration-facts/

The Bush Institute study shows that immigrants contribute more than they cost.

https://www.bushcenter.org/catalyst/...igh-costs.html

The Wharton School of Business outline how immigrants EXPAND the US economy.

https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/...e-u-s-economy/

Facts. Not opinion.

Immigrants are additive to the economy. You may not like how they look, and present a prejudiced viewpoint because they are, on bulk, "look different", but that is not a humanitarian perspective is it? Especially when you present stereotype arguments which are false.

Old 06-22-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Not sure of your point, but is pointing out how allowing millions of poor, uneducated, unskilled people (incapable of even providing their own children lunch) to stream in illegally “putting people down� It’s simply a fact that these people are a net drain on society. The areas where they live go downhill, as do the schools they serve. They are crowding into homes meant for a single family with 2 or 3 kids, with three families and four and five kids each - overwhelming the schools intended to serve half the population.
No, they are not a net drain. Every study shows exactly the opposite. Why are you stereotyping prejudice and falsehoods? Is it because most immigrants now look different? You know, a different culture, a different skin color, and a different language?

Why do you misrepresent the facts, ones I've linked to in an earlier post above. Can you accept you were wrong? Did you not know the facts? Or will you continue with your prejudicial and false statements?

Old 06-22-2021, 12:08 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
You literally posted our Immigration policy for 100 years in the US. Low skill workers are the immigrants we took in mass.

I am certain if the US took in 100,000's of high skilled white collar workers in mass, people would be just as upset as taking in low skill workers. Perhaps more, those degrees are not cheap and student loan companies track you to your death bed. They won't take, it's the high skill immigrants fault, as an excuse.
We had a nation to build.

2021 America's needs and priorities are a wee bit different than late 19th early 20th century America.

Also, those unskilled didn't rely on taxpayer funded benefits to advance in life.

Old 06-22-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Triggered? My, my, my.
Aren't you a Canadian? What are you doing to make Canada's immigration policies more humane?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...uccess/564944/

Old 06-22-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What would Canadian population growth look like without immigration?? I suspect, like Australia, it would be negligible or decline.

I'm sure others have already addressed this, but why are you disingenuously conflating immigration with illegal immigration??

That broken record has been playing for a couple of decades now.

Old 06-22-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Aren't you a Canadian? What are you doing to make Canada's immigration policies more humane?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...uccess/564944/
An old article. Canada has increased it's immigration targets to let more people in. And as far humane policies are concerned, why is it a FACT that Canada lets in more refugees than the USA, with only 1/10th the population. Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies