Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 10:06 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I did not say no guns equals no violence. I said, "more guns equals more gun violence." Why is America so dangerous? Could it be the proliferation of guns. Like I said...
Okay, so firearms make people violent ? Interesting. There are literally 4 firearms within arms reach of me at this moment, and I have no desire to hurt anyone with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 10:11 AM

5,574 posts, read 6,500,449 times
S***cago. Enough said.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:12 AM

1,265 posts, read 444,746 times
The Biden/Harris elitist will do zero to curb violent crime in this country as long as the push their agenda of race and division.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
The Biden/Harris elitist will do zero to curb violent crime in this country as long as the push their agenda of race and division.
They can't. It would show that many of their policies are flawed, and that the rhetoric they've been spewing is causing more violence.

Instead, we see them deflecting.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:38 AM

13,441 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Actually this is America. Period.

As I always say, more guns equals more gun violence. If guns made us safe, America would be the safest nation in the world but it is definitely not. The OP makes a good argument for removing all guns or restricting them to the point that it is almost impossible to purchase, steal, or trade for one.

let's ban all cars and we have 0 car accidents. If we ban all knives, No one will ever die by a knife, EVER! The Democrat thinking.

I have an idea, lets castrate all men and cut off all penises and NO more rapes for women. Let's cut off both hands from men so no man lays a hand on a woman. That's the thinking. This is what taxpayers pay lots of $$$ for higher learning.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
let's ban all cars and we have 0 car accidents. If we ban all knives, No one will ever die by a knife, EVER! The Democrat thinking.

I have an idea, lets castrate all men and cut off all penises and NO more rapes for women. Let's cut off both hands from men so no man lays a hand on a woman. That's the thinking. This is what taxpayers pay lots of $$$ for higher learning.
Actually, lack of...

Old 06-22-2021, 10:46 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That poster said gun violence, which is crime related.

You (inadvertently?) changed it to gun-related deaths which means suicide and accidents as well.

I'll address the other glaring problem to the other poster as they started with a flawed claim using anti-science methodology.
Is there a legal diffenece? To me, murder, suicide, accidents by a gun is gun violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Okay, so firearms make people violent ? Interesting. There are literally 4 firearms within arms reach of me at this moment, and I have no desire to hurt anyone with them.
No, but they sure do make it easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post

Maybe a first step would be to treat gun owners like car owners. License, fee, regulate and remove access when necessary. Good idea. I suppose if my kitchen knife was manufactured to kill and all men were rapists, you'd have a point.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:49 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Actually this is America. Period.

As I always say, more guns equals more gun violence. If guns made us safe, America would be the safest nation in the world but it is definitely not. The OP makes a good argument for removing all guns or restricting them to the point that it is almost impossible to purchase, steal, or trade for one.
Drugs were illegal for the longest time and there's never been a problem getting as many drugs as you want.

The issue is mentality. The mentality these thugs have with Biden and local Democrats in control is they won't be held accountable. They feel they can do anything they want to anyone and get away with it. They are right.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:52 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
This has been Chicago for a long time. It's nothing new and it's been this way for quite some time.

Old 06-22-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
No, but they sure do make it easier!
Do you base anything off of logic, or just emotional responses ?

Should we propose laws against killing someone then ? Oh wait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies