Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 12:31 AM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Then why post that racist video and insist I watch it and comment? 3 times.
The video wasn't "racist". If you did watch it like you claimed to have done so, you would have noticed that the video was all about debunking the liberal myth that blacks aren't able to get IDs.

How you thought that it was racist is beyond me. What was "racist" were the liberals shown in the beginning. Their assumptions were "racist".

You didn't watch it, did you?

Now put away the race card. It doesn't work anymore. I'm done with you. Buh bye!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 05:46 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
It's interesting to see one side so adamant against individuals needing an ID. And that this is in some form a way to suppress votes for minorities.

Yet, the same side is all for background checks for firearms purchases which also requires an ID. Using their logic, wouldn't that also be a way to suppress minorities from purchasing firearms ?

Both of these things are rights provided to us by our Constitution, so it is a fair comparison.

Old 06-23-2021, 05:59 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
They did not. Judicial adjustments to election procedures occur in every election. The Judiciary is a coequal branch of government.
Citation, please.

Yes, it's a co-equal branch of government. It's the job of LEGISLATORS to write LEGISLATION, however, and it's LEGISLATION which sets the rules for elections, not judicial edict.

What, do you think that "co-equal" means that any branch can do whatever it wants, and it's cool because "co-equal"?

Not only do you not understand our form of government, but you felt it necessary to broadcast that fact, as well.

Let's see that citation, if you can provide one.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:01 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,554 times
There are bigots leftist here on this forum who think Latino and Blacks are too dumb to get a state Id I got one a non driver's Id card for more then decade not the phony one the moron mayor is giving to illegal aliens!!

Old 06-23-2021, 06:10 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
There are bigots leftist here on this forum who think Latino and Blacks are too dumb to get a state Id I got one a non driver's Id card for more then decade not the phony one the moron mayor is giving to illegal aliens!!

One would think that these minorities would tire of being patronized non stop by the Democratic party.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:32 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, get a grip! I never said that the poor inner city clients you have were black. Don't twist what I was getting at. BTW, pulling the race card doesn't work anymore.

Sorry but those are all excuses. In order to survive these days, everybody needs ID. How do your clients open bank accounts without ID? How do they find jobs? How do they rent a place for themselves? How do they apply for any welfare programs? How do they get subsidized senior housing? Even when my grandmother and great-aunt got subsidized senior housing (and they weren't born in the USA) back in the 70s, they needed to have SS numbers. In my grandmother's case, she had to show that she was a naturalized citizen. My great-aunt had to show her green card.

Again, limited English is also no excuse. Not when these days forms are printed in many different languages.
You're right BOZ. Rarely will someone not have at least a state ID to function in our society. I'd like to know what he/she proposes to keep our elections honest then. Should we just take their word for it that they are citizen of our country and just let them vote without any proof of it? How would that equate to an honest election?

Old 06-23-2021, 06:43 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I dont support voting, both parties are despicable..wait, make that all parties.
National elections should be abolished. The people should elect their state representatives and then those representative can appoint a senator. The House of Representatives should be abolished. Government should be closer to the people impacted by their laws.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:46 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
When I needed one, I would go to the local Mail Boxes Etc. They had a notary there.
Can you say "poll tax"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I do NOT think that making sure that the homeless vote should be much of a priority. Yes, their situation might be through no fault of their own, but the fact is that they, in my opinion, contribute nothing worthwhile to this county, so I do not think they should have a say as to how it is run.
The right to vote in this nation is not contingent upon a citizen's "worth". And who are you to determine who is "worthwhile" enough to vote? Who is anyone to make that determination?

Just ... wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I guess my then 18 year old college student going to college in another state must be brilliant since she figured out all my herself how to get a absentee ballot and go find a place to notarize her ballot all by herself even though she has never voted before.
Bully for her. Requiring a ballot to be notarized places another barrier in the casting of a legal vote. Actually it places two barriers: access, and cost. Can you say "poll tax"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Pennsylvania, among others, conducted their Elections in an illegal manner.
Let’s deal with that first.
The PA Supreme Court disagrees with you. Nor is Pennsylvania the topic of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Having a voting free-for-all without a system of checks and balances only encourages fraud.
You think there are no checks and balances? What do you call voter registration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
There are bigots leftist here on this forum who think Latino and Blacks are too dumb to get a state Id
It's not a question of intelligence; it's a question of access.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:54 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right BOZ. Rarely will someone not have at least a state ID to function in our society. I'd like to know what he/she proposes to keep our elections honest then. Should we just take their word for it that they are citizen of our country and just let them vote without any proof of it? How would that equate to an honest election?
I don't have an issue with voter ID's as long as it doesn't eliminate voters. This isn't about fraud or election integrity, it's about reducing turnout as are many of the other laws.

Voting laws have been in place for decades but suddenly there is a problem. But like I indicated there is no issue with the ID requirement as long as each valid voter has easy access.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:54 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
no… there is no need for it.

Show up, confirm your address and vote.

Its simple. Who the hell travels from county to county or state to state to stuff ballot boxes?

C’mon people, you need to be okay with losing sometimes.
I agree that it’s rare. There is a woman facing jail for voting twice. They should prosecute it if it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies