Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 08:49 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I hope the people cheering this on have a long wait the next time they seek care
It sure must be a frustrating year for anti-vaxxers.

Extremely effective vaccines developed and produced to deal with this pandemic are doing exactly that, so now they are left bitterly hoping sick people have to wait for care.

Old 06-22-2021, 08:55 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
If even the vaccinated are at risk, then the vaccine is worthless. So why get it?
If even people who wear seat belts are at risk from car accidents, then the seat belts are worthless.

If even people with smoke detectors are at risk from fires, then the smoke detectors are worthless.

If even people who take antibiotics are at risk from infections, then antibiotics are worthless.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:08 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
If even people who wear seat belts are at risk from car accidents, then the seat belts are worthless.

If even people with smoke detectors are at risk from fires, then the smoke detectors are worthless.

If even people who take antibiotics are at risk from infections, then antibiotics are worthless.
Even if people have been vaccinated from chicken pox, measles, mumps, flu,etc. you refer to them as anti-vaxxers if they dont get the covid jab.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:21 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
This is not exactly news.

Hospitals and other healthcare services/networks have long fired nurses and anyone else they employ for refusing annual flu vaccinations.

Only out such professionals or employees have is if they are protected by laws which give them religious immunity.

Nearly all states in US are employment at will, which means employers don't have to give a GD reason why someone is terminated. Long as they don't violate federal or local anti-discrimination laws, they're good to go.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:23 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That hospital system has over 7,000 employees. Someone here on CD has stated it is a desirable place to work. I doubt those who will be fired will create a staffing shortage or be hard to replace.
That was me on the last thread about this issue. Houston Methodist actually has about 30K total employees and yes, they are a very desirable place to work and have a very good reputation. I'm a Methodist patient, worked there briefly, and know many people who work for them in various hospitals.

I believe they have already hired agency and travelers to temporarily fill these positions until they can be permanently replaced, which I expect will be soon. I think many of these employees might very easily land somewhere else. There are a lot of hospitals in Houston in need of staff. I actually read on the Houston Reddit Board that only about 20 of the 153 who were terminated were in direct patient care positions, but I certainly can't verify that.

And, has been previously mentioned, their lawsuit was thrown out last week, so unless they plan on appealing to the 5th circuit, it's over and done. They may try something in state court as well.

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 06-22-2021 at 09:34 PM..

Old 06-22-2021, 09:31 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
They should be fired. Children under 12 can't get the vaccine so they are susceptible to it. They have no defense from it. Can you imagine a nurse giving it to your child especially a new born. Sorry, they need to be vaccinated or quit

Old 06-22-2021, 09:33 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They should be fired. Children under 12 can't get the vaccine so they are susceptible to it. They have no defense from it. Can you imagine a nurse giving it to your child especially a new born. Sorry, they need to be vaccinated or quit
Statistically children have near zero risk from covid, but greater risk from the experimental vaccine. Shame on you for promoting such nonsense.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:40 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Statistically children have near zero risk from covid, but greater risk from the experimental vaccine. Shame on you for promoting such abuse.
Whether children get the vaccine is up to the parent. But for now they can't. Hospitals have a responsibility to their patients though. And if the workers don't like it then they can quit. I think this will be the norm though for healthcare workers.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:44 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
I think it is disgraceful.

These people put their lives in danger before the vaccines, and now they are fired for refusing to take injections with no longer-term history and not approved by the FDA"?! And when chances are fairly good that they already have COVID antibodies in their system due to exposure or that they are "naturally" immune?

As I said, disgraceful!

Old 06-22-2021, 09:45 PM

6,380 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post

And for years doctors would prescribe antibiotics to people that really didn't need them and kept doing so because they "thought" that is what they should do. Well, that was until they realized that was creating Antibiotic Resistance and an entirely new class of Superbugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies