Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 11:50 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times

Advertisements

Forget crt- small potatoes compared to inability of Americans to practice civil disobedience. I’m reserving judgment till the whole story comes out.
This is a rallying cry no matter which side of the political fence you are on.
I could be outraged over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 11:51 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If CRT is all good and wholesome stuff, then let's bring all of that out into the public spaces and discuss it.

That school board wants to play "hide the ball" on the matter. That's the problem. If my children are being indoctrinated with revisionist history and pseudo-science, I wouldn't put up with it either.
Exactly, and their attempt to “hide the ball” backfired. By not allowing parents, rightfully upset, to speak, they set up the conditions for a brouhaha - and now it’s being covered on national news.

Old 06-23-2021, 11:56 AM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I said it on Post #2 of this thread. Maybe you didn't see it, or maybe I am on your Ignore list? (That wouldn't surprise me.) Anyway, here it is, in bold, QUOTE:

Encouraging white shame, patronizing to blacks, pandering to transgendered people, encouraging children to question their sexuality and to further encourage them if they say they are not cisgendered, hindering free speech, encouraging people to report those who do not share their opinions --
You are just quoting generalities on CRT that has nothing to do with the debate. They did allow speakers to voice their opinion but they moved to end debate on that topic and moved onto the next point of business. I bet you can't even name the specific decision by the school board that they were protesting. The crowd was very unruly and were organized carrying the same signs and waving them throughout the meeting and shouting. If you want to make a point then speak but just complaining about CRT is not the point of a school board meeting.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:07 PM

20,333 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
A lot of parents woke up during the Covid lockdown when they saw and heard during remote learning classes what was really going on.
And there was no shortage of tweets and other social media platforms by teachers who did NOT like that happening.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:10 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Are the witnesses saying that the protestors were majorly disorderly or resisting arrrest in a really bad way. Doesn’t everyone know that you just go slack and let the police carry you out? Protesting 101- don’t engage. Even so, how bad were those actors? Seems like it might be overkill. I’ll wait for the video. The story seems unbelievable on first read.
Everyone should be allowed to protest policy they don’t agree with. Everyone.
'wait for the video'?
there were 3 videos at the link i just provided.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:11 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Exactly, I don't think they would be hard pressed to quote specific examples rather than just chanting they are against CRT. This is what happens when people go off without having all the facts.

Besides, can't people have an intelligent discussion at a school board meeting, does it need to digress into a wrestling match, embarrassing. Glad to see a good turnout for a school board meeting though.

If you don't like the present school board then don't elect them though I doubt anyone would want to be on that board with all the insults, not worth it.
Well, maybe they read this, although I doubt it because it was buried in all the pages and pages of Google websites talking about people protesting about CRT and not about CRT itself:

https://www.maciverinstitute.com/202...k12-education/

Before writing this, I spent the last 20 or so minutes trying to find a simple point-by-point list of what CRT actually teaches. I had to search using about four different search criteria before I found anything that was not an article about how conservatives are against it (most of the sites) or that wasn't just an overall CRT theory and/or its history.

It is almost like -- SHOCK -- Google was trying to bury what Critical Race Theory actually teaches.

However, what conservatives have seen and read were news stories and videos about parents being outraged at what students were being taught, and word has gotten around. And, yes, I have seen examples of what what was taught in the form of "teaching guides", but somehow (sarcasm) I was no longer able to find these articles.

So, yes, SORRY -- I have not been able to find a point-by-point listing of what CRT teaches -- and WHY IS THAT?

P.S. And this is also true of searching many other "woke" subjects. Google seems more concerned about reporting protests from the "woke" viewpoint than they do about presenting unbiased articles about the subject itself. But, yeah, I know -- Google is an independent company and can do whatever it likes.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:13 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
You are just quoting generalities on CRT that has nothing to do with the debate. They did allow speakers to voice their opinion but they moved to end debate on that topic and moved onto the next point of business. I bet you can't even name the specific decision by the school board that they were protesting. The crowd was very unruly and were organized carrying the same signs and waving them throughout the meeting and shouting. If you want to make a point then speak but just complaining about CRT is not the point of a school board meeting.
Why did they move to end the debate? This is a very controversial and damaging issue, and it never works to just silence people who object. Parents are understandably furious with the lies being peddled by the race-based CRT curriculum.

And as far as the crowd being unruly, it comes nowhere near the chaos and destruction we saw from leftists all of last summer. And for that, we had the future vp encouraging others to bail out rioters who were arrested.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:14 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Exactly, I don't think they would be hard pressed to quote specific examples rather than just chanting they are against CRT. This is what happens when people go off without having all the facts.

Besides, can't people have an intelligent discussion at a school board meeting, does it need to digress into a wrestling match, embarrassing. Glad to see a good turnout for a school board meeting though.

If you don't like the present school board then don't elect them though I doubt anyone would want to be on that board with all the insults, not worth it.
there was no wrestling match.

No, they can't have an intelligent discussion because the cowardly school board shut it down.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:15 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Critical Race Theory…
  • believes racism is present in every aspect of life, every relationship, and every interaction and therefore has its advocates look for it everywhere
  • relies upon “interest convergence” (white people only give black people opportunities and freedoms when it is also in their own interests) and therefore doesn’t trust any attempt to make racism better
  • is against free societies and wants to dismantle them and replace them with something its advocates control
  • only treats race issues as “socially constructed groups,” so there are no individuals in Critical Race Theory
  • believes science, reason, and evidence are a “white” way of knowing and that storytelling and lived experience are a “black” alternative, which hurts everyone, especially black people
  • rejects all potential alternatives, like colorblindness, as forms of racism, making itself the only allowable game in town (which is totalitarian)
  • acts like anyone who disagrees with it must do so for racist and white supremacist reasons, even if those people are black (which is also totalitarian)
  • cannot be satisfied, so it becomes a kind of activist black hole that threatens to destroy everything it is introduced into

Things that have been lumped into the rubric of "White Supremacy" by CRT:
  • Hard work is white supremacy.
  • Showing up on time is white supremacy.
  • The nuclear family is white supremacy.
  • A baby that is born white is a racist at birth and can never stop being racist.
  • Blacks are incapable of being racists.
How many of these things make it into the lesson plan of the average CRT indoctrinating teacher? Good question. Why doesn't that school board come out and fully disclose everything they're going to be teaching? Why are they hiding it instead?
Do you have a link for the above list?

I would really appreciate it so that I could bookmark it for future rebuttals to those who advocate for CRT.

And I asked the same thing you asked in the last part of your post that I bolded. It does make one wonder!

Old 06-23-2021, 12:20 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Here is a threadreader thread with pictures. Here is a picture of the attendance. As far as I can tell, this pictures are public domain. Suffice it to say, these CRT monsters are not flying under the radar anymore.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies