Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 04:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
But the Guard’s largest and most expensive mission was to protest the U.S. capital, including providing security for the presidential inauguration and the much-criticized militarization of the U.S. Capitol grounds with razor wire and 7-foot nonscalable fences.

https://news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-sen...183808623.html
Right. But where does it say Pelosi is standing in the way of their request for additional funding, as you said?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 04:28 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
They were needed.

I don't see anything at all in the article stating that Pelosi is standing in the way of the Guard getting extra funding after a very tough year.
But as house leader she is in charge/ has the power to make sure they receive their funds.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-23-2021 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 06-23-2021, 04:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wrong.
all the hysteria from the left about the NG needing to be there was political theater.
They were needed there. GOH.

ANYWAY...

The Guard will get their money, but they’ll do whatever the hell they’re told to do. Period.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Right. But where does it say Pelosi is standing in the way of their request for additional funding, as you said?
Leader of Congress, doesn’t have to be mentioned.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
They’re acting as if Pelosi is supposed to just withdraw the money from her account. Lol

Old 06-23-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Leader of Congress, doesn’t have to be mentioned.
Actually, yes it does have to be mentioned. Nancy Pelosi can’t just GIVE money away like it’s petty cash. There are procedures that have to be followed in order to move that kinda dough.

The Guard will get their money when they get it. Meanwhile, they’ll do whatever the hell they’re told to do.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:33 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They’re acting as if Pelosi is supposed to just withdraw the money from her account. Lol
I don't know what to think. They've requested extra funding, and it does seem very reasonable that they should receive extra funds, after doing a LOT of extra duties this last year.

I can't find a single resource that says Pelosi is pushing back against giving them the funding they're asking for.

And, I guess, neither can those making that assertion.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Actually, yes it does have to be mentioned. Nancy Pelosi can’t just GIVE money away like it’s petty cash. There are procedures that have to be followed in order to move that kinda dough.

The Guard will get their money when they get it. Meanwhile, they’ll do whatever the hell they’re told to do.
No, but she is a leader of Congress and should those in charge to pay up,I would say Biden, but he’s confused enough already.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I don't know what to think. They've requested extra funding, and it does seem very reasonable that they should receive extra funds, after doing a LOT of extra duties this last year.

I can't find a single resource that says Pelosi is pushing back against giving them the funding they're asking for.

As a veteran, I can tell you that this is WAAAAAAAAAAY below Pelosi’s pay grade. She has no idea about this nonsense. This will get handled by people who are 100 levels below the Speaker of the House.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:

Not saying she’s pushing back, just that she has the clout to make it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies