Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 06:59 AM

3,358 posts, read 1,424,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post

If the Equality Act were imposed upon the people within the various united States as a federal “rule of law” ___ and I say "imposed" because nowhere in our federal constitution has Congress been delegated power to regulate the people's social and commercial activates as described in the Act ___ it would not only subvert the human right of American citizens to be free to mutually agree in their social and commercial activities, it would allow federal bureaucrats to dictate almost every aspect of the American peoples’ social and commercial activities.

Is this what you really want?

JWK
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Nay, that’s just absurd hyperbole since you oppose it and want to make it seem terrible. As I stated before, because of Bostock the legal ramifications will actually be minimal.

To the contrary my friend. I have actually studied the Equality Act and its very intentions are stated as follows:

To prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and for other purposes.

In fact, not only is Congress without constitutional authority to adopt "appropriate legislation" forbidding the States and people therein from making distinctions based upon "sex" ___ excluding of course the 19th Amendment ___ but if it were made a federal "rule of law", it would subvert the human right of people being free to mutually agree in their social and commercial activities, and federal bureaucrats would be there to dictate almost every aspect of our lives relative to sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation.

Why do you deny this when your aim is to forbid people making distinctions based upon sex, gender identity and sexual orientation?

JWK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 07:26 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,371,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
I have actually studied the Equality Act
And as I said, I’ve done so for close to 15 years. I’ll just agree to disagree at this point since it’s clear you will never change your foundational beliefs on this.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
And as I said, I’ve done so for close to 15 years. I’ll just agree to disagree at this point since it’s clear you will never change your foundational beliefs on this.

There are a lot of people who disagree with a subject matter they know little about.

As to my foundational beliefs, you are correct! I most certainly believe, and will always believe and support people being left free to mutually agree in their contracts and associations, and free to make their own decisions and choices with respect to their social and commercial activities.

And then their are those who detest people be free to choose. And they embrace an unconstitutional use of federal government force to compel the unwilling to associate with them, and participate in unwanted social and commercial activities.

JWK

Old 07-09-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
As I stated before, because of Bostock the legal ramifications will actually be minimal.
I take it you have not carefully considered the very real ramifications connected to the Humpty Dumpty theory of language found in the BOSTOCK majority opinion.

Neil Gorsuch, who wrote the majority opinion in BOSTOCK v. CLAYTON COUNTY, GEORGIA, knowingly and willingly spat upon on our federal Constitution’s only lawful way to delegate legislative power to Congress. He did so by ignoring the American People’s specific rejection of the “Equal Rights Amendment”, which would have, if adopted, authorize Congress to legislate the broad and sweeping power over “sex” and its meaning, which Justice Gorsuch arbitrarily decided to create in his written opinion by applying the Humpty Dumpty theory of language to “sex” as found in the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean- neither more nor less.”

“The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”

“The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master-that's all.”

And that describes the deceitful thinking of Justice Gorsuch and those who joined in his written opinion . . . they truly believe they are the master, over the people of the United States, regardless of what their written Constitution states in crystal clear language, or what was specifically intended when "sex" was unconstitutionally added to the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

JWK

Old 07-11-2021, 09:05 AM

572 posts, read 320,008 times
Legislations are not only required but there must be actualization of the acts as well. Implementations are important after the approvals.

Old 07-11-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolair View Post
Legislations are not only required but there must be actualization of the acts as well. Implementations are important after the approvals.

Huh?

JWK

Old 07-11-2021, 02:41 PM

Default Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene makes "transphobic' remark?

This is really getting out of hand. Now it’s “transphobic” to make a factual correct comment.

See: Marjorie Taylor Greene makes transphobic remarks about Illinois congresswoman's daughter

July 9th, 2021

“Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene made transphobic remarks against Illinois’ Democratic Rep. Marie Newman’s transgender daughter Thursday — and it's not the first time she's made Newman's child a target.

“(Newman’s) so-called daughter is a trans, biological adult son, approximately close to the same age as my two, very much biological real girls – daughters,” Greene, R-Ga., said Thursday at a fundraiser for another GOP congresswoman, according to WBEZ Chicago.”

What on earth is “transphobic’ about Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene’s factual comment?

JWK

Old 07-12-2021, 10:58 AM

Default Equality Act places sexual deviant behavior in a protected class

It seems quite clear that the so-called "Equality Act" is intentionally designed to place identifiable sexual deviant conduct, behavior and expression into a “priviledged protected class” under which the muscle of our federal government, and its bureaucrats, may be used by those engaging in this protected conduct, behavior and expression, to compel unwanted social and economic relationships with the community at large.

In other words, while those engaging in a particular type of sexual deviant behavior and conduct are elevated to a protected class, those who find such conduct, behavior and expression undesirable and repulsive, would be prohibited to exercise their inalienable right to freedom of choice by the hand of government.

JWK

Old 07-12-2021, 11:00 AM

24,376 posts, read 9,248,608 times
I can’t wait until my right to self identify as rich oil Arab from UAE is protected.

Old 07-12-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I can’t wait until my right to self identify as rich oil Arab from UAE is protected.

And, with four legally recognized wives!

How on earth has this insanity been allowed to take root in the United States?

JWK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies