Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 06:08 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

From South America, the Caribbean, Asia and beyond tens of thousands of migrants bound for the United States have been arriving to Mexico each month. Then their paths to the U.S. border begin to diverge.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/as...bYI?li=BBnbfcL

No invasion or crisis though, right? We're toast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 06:41 AM

43,137 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Take a good look at that picture. Those people are dressed nice and look like they just got off an airplane rather than trek hundreds of miles on foot to the US border.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:47 AM

With open borders the illegals and smugglers don't have to worry about "sneaking" across the border.
They can just walk up to CBP and get taken care of and given a ticket to anywhere in the US.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:52 AM

6,132 posts, read 3,355,504 times
If we didn’t have a nanny, welfare state waiting for them, most would never come.

None of these people would be willing to come here so that they can be rich people’s slaves, either gardeners or maids, and then also have to fend for themselves as far as medical and housing.

We are the stupidest country on earth and we deserve what happens. I’m working outside the US, in a country that doesn’t play any games. You either work, show value to the host country, or you are deported. If you are too sick to work, you are deported. If you have an infectious disease, like TB or HIV, you are deported. If you anger a citizen too much, you are deported. If you commit a crime, goodness, you are gonna wish you were deported.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:58 AM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Take a good look at that picture. Those people are dressed nice and look like they just got off an airplane rather than trek hundreds of miles on foot to the US border.
This has what has always struck me.

For people traveling thousands of miles with just a backpack - or sometimes nothing - they sure don't look like it.

I'm a mess just taking the dog on a hike - how do these people not have a single spot of dirt or stain of sweat or torn shirt?

Old 07-07-2021, 07:19 AM

This will turn us more and more into a "mutt" nation with no identity, no cohesion and no unity. It truly disgusts me, not to mention the economic impact this will have on our country.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This will turn us more and more into a "mutt" nation with no identity, no cohesion and no unity. It truly disgusts me, not to mention the economic impact this will have on our country.
Well if it goes on long enough we'll turn into a 2 class system like other countries.....the rich and the workers.
The middle class will bear the brunt of the taxes to pay for the expanding welfare for the poor.

And language....well that will just divide us more as people segregate among themselves speaking their native language.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:58 AM

447 posts, read 322,226 times
As a 'legal alien' described by another poster myself, I don't mind other immigrants, however, I don't want to pay for their stay because now the price of living rises so high thanks to the stupid stimulus checks.

No medical and social welfare for them please otherwise that will be so unfair for people paying high premium each month and pay extra for them to enjoy the medical resource we enjoy.

If a free medical for them please make sure there is another separate medical system for them instead of putting them in to the line with all other people and they might have a priority just because they are poor or skin color.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
As a 'legal alien' described by another poster myself, I don't mind other immigrants, however, I don't want to pay for their stay because now the price of living rises so high thanks to the stupid stimulus checks.

No medical and social welfare for them please otherwise that will be so unfair for people paying high premium each month and pay extra for them to enjoy the medical resource we enjoy.

If a free medical for them please make sure there is another separate medical system for them instead of putting them in to the line with all other people and they might have a priority just because they are poor or skin color.
They are already getting it. One kid and they get it all. No kids and they get free medical, free food (food pantries), shelter (homeless shelters), free education.
They can all get jobs....cash.

And hundreds of billions of dollars leave the US as they send money "home".

Old 07-07-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well if it goes on long enough we'll turn into a 2 class system like other countries.....the rich and the workers.
The middle class will bear the brunt of the taxes to pay for the expanding welfare for the poor.

And language....well that will just divide us more as people segregate among themselves speaking their native language.
As you said, we will become more and more balknized unable to communicate with one another with no commonality in culture, etc. Where are all the schools, healthcare facilities, housing, etc. going to come from and who's going to pay for all of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies