Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 10:16 AM

7,896 posts, read 3,447,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Well the masks most people are wearing don't do much at all, if anything, re this virus.

I think we are still shell shocked at the past year+ and how this could happen. Wait until the foreclosures and evictions start. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and meat was sparse, and expensive.

It is a very uncertain time and I think people are just confused, now we hear of vicious variants and serious questions if children should take the vaccine at all.

No one really knows what's going on. Maybe some just feel stuck and so keep doing what they were doing when this crazy s**t started.
Yeah that new one(delta?) that seems to specifically target people who took the vaccine is a fun one. Starting to think maybe I was duped.

Old 06-24-2021, 10:47 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Around here, the same amount of people were wearing masks at Costco as Walmart
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-24-2021, 10:56 AM

552 posts, read 222,965 times
I live in Tyler, Texas. Louie Gohmert's district. I know which house he lives in and have seen him out shopping.
Tyler is also home to Texas State Rep Matt Schaefer.

I went shopping at a centrally located mall in Mesquite, Texas last week, walked into Home Goods, Joann Fabrics, Target.
Most shoppers wore masks. More than I see in Tyler. I was surprised because I am vaccinated and I do not wear one.

Anytime I go out anywhere to any store around here, I ALWAYS see shoppers wearing masks inside stores now.

Stop making everything you are upset about a "Liberal".

Damn. Apparently you never got the memo that Covid rates are going up in Missouri because Missourians are
refusing to get vaccinated. Guess what, they may be travelling outside their state too.

People don't have a Covid positive sign on their forehead. There are a lot of people who take that into consideration
when they go out in public. Wearing a mask makes them feel a bit safer against Covid.

Some people have vulnerable to illness people living with them. People who are wheelchair or bed ridden, or
an infant or an elderly or a compromised immune system that they care about. Some people who have had
heart surgery or are on chemotherapy.

You may have been a business owner, Rachel976, but it is obvious you have absolutely no medical training or
understanding of pathology.

Last edited by Tylerrose; 06-24-2021 at 11:15 AM..

Old 06-24-2021, 11:21 AM

552 posts, read 222,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I picked up a prescription there yesterday, and after two weeks of not having to wear a mask ANYWHERE (and also seeing almost everyone in stores and whatnot without masks), I was hit with how virtually everyone in Walmart was wearing a mask.

And in case I have to explain more about the demographics, this is in a very liberal area, and the customers are primarily working class or lower. (Some “middles,” like me, but not too many.) I suspect many of them are illegal aliens, also, since the Walmart neighbors a town that has a very high percentage of them.

Ideas?
Yes, my idea is to put your sad posts on ignore. There, that's better.

Old 06-24-2021, 11:22 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Maybe they are wearing masks because they don't want to get the vaccine.
I've had the vaccine and still wear my mask.

Old 06-24-2021, 11:24 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
Yes, my idea is to put your sad posts on ignore. There, that's better.
Nasty. There wasn’t a single thing “sad” about my posts. You just like to get a smack in at someone who refuses Togo’s long with liberalism, even though my post and thread has nothing to do with Rs or Ds.

Old 06-24-2021, 11:26 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
I live in Tyler, Texas. Louie Gohmert's district. I know which house he lives in and have seen him out shopping.
Tyler is also home to Texas State Rep Matt Schaefer.

I went shopping at a centrally located mall in Mesquite, Texas last week, walked into Home Goods, Joann Fabrics, Target.
Most shoppers wore masks. More than I see in Tyler. I was surprised because I am vaccinated and I do not wear one.

Anytime I go out anywhere to any store around here, I ALWAYS see shoppers wearing masks inside stores now.

Stop making everything you are upset about a "Liberal".

Damn. Apparently you never got the memo that Covid rates are going up in Missouri because Missourians are
refusing to get vaccinated. Guess what, they may be travelling outside their state too.

People don't have a Covid positive sign on their forehead. There are a lot of people who take that into consideration
when they go out in public. Wearing a mask makes them feel a bit safer against Covid.

Some people have vulnerable to illness people living with them. People who are wheelchair or bed ridden, or
an infant or an elderly or a compromised immune system that they care about. Some people who have had
heart surgery or are on chemotherapy.

You may have been a business owner, Rachel976, but it is obvious you have absolutely no medical training or
understanding of pathology.
Wow. Before you put me in ignore, more smack....smack....smack! (Don’t liberals understand that when they just insult someone for a perfectly innocuous thread, it is THEY who look bad?)

Old 06-24-2021, 11:27 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,560,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I picked up a prescription there yesterday, and after two weeks of not having to wear a mask ANYWHERE (and also seeing almost everyone in stores and whatnot without masks), I was hit with how virtually everyone in Walmart was wearing a mask.

And in case I have to explain more about the demographics, this is in a very liberal area, and the customers are primarily working class or lower. (Some “middles,” like me, but not too many.) I suspect many of them are illegal aliens, also, since the Walmart neighbors a town that has a very high percentage of them.

Ideas?
They may be unvaccinated and choosing to protect themselves in that manner. No, it doesn't matter whether they're liberal or conservative. Old people overwhelming vote Republican but are almost all vaccinated. You got to get your head out of your ass and think rationally, not color everything politically on the simplest terms.

Old 06-24-2021, 11:28 AM

8,928 posts, read 2,959,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've had the vaccine and still wear my mask.
You can get help for that. It's available.

Old 06-24-2021, 12:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Maybe some people are still wearing masks because they noticed they haven't been sick with anything since the start of doing that last year. I know I noticed the same thing but also made it a habit of staying out of indoor places at peak crowd times. Anyway, I may go back to wearing a mask around Thanksgiving. I usually only get sick with something during the colder months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.