Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 12:12 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,201,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You cannot change your sex, because it's genetic. But if people think you can change your genes just by changing pronouns, then why can't a white man just change pronouns and be viewed as a Korean man?
Because...SCIENCE!!!

Oh, wait...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 02:40 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
In Asia a lot of women in particular will whiten their skin. Whereas in the west a lot of white people will tan.
Having tanned skin in the East or the West is not about race, it's about class.

In Asia, a darker skin is equated to being working class, since you are forced to work outdoors, and thus having tanned in the sun. Meanwhile the wealthy can afford to remain indoors, and have their servants do all the mundane outside work. Even when the wealthy would go outdoors, they'd be chauffeured, or have servants holding up decorative cloth to shade them from the sun.

In the West, the wealthy show off their tanned skin as a status symbol. The wealthy can afford a life of perpetual recreational activities, enjoying leisure in the fun and sun, even relaxing on tropical beaches while the working class endure the winter months back home.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:43 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
There are many different forms of mental illness:-

mood disorders (such as depression or bipolar disorder)
anxiety disorders.
personality disorders.
psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia)
eating disorders.
trauma-related disorders (such as post-traumatic stress disorder)
substance abuse disorders.

He obviously has serious low self esteem issues, at a guess (I'm no doctor) I reckon he has a problem along the lines of people that self harm, he obviously has a similar mental illness to Michael Jackson, both are people desperately trying to be somebody else, from the list above I would guess that he has a personality disorder?

He clearly has 'mental' issues, he needs help, unfortunately for him this will be 'brushed under the carpet' because of what we now call 'wokeism', he should count himself lucky he wasn't born 100 years earlier because he would be in a mental institution right now.
I think you left out the various body dysmorphic disorders.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:36 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Or #3 he is serious. He isn't hurting anyone, and it makes him happy, so who cares?
No that is not an additional option, that is the same as #2. As I said, I believe he is serious.

Your proposed solution of not treating people with mental illness is quite sad.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:44 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
I think you left out the various body dysmorphic disorders.
You sound like you might know better than me, like I said I'm no doctor and I was 'guessing' what his/her/they issue might be, whatever it is though he/she/whatever is mentally ill and in an ideal world would be getting help.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Everybody hates this guy, lol
Rightfully so. What a {bleeping} idiot.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:23 PM

26,475 posts, read 15,057,355 times
Quote:
Having tanned skin in the East or the West is not about race, it's about class.

In Asia, a darker skin is equated to being working class, since you are forced to work outdoors, and thus having tanned in the sun. Meanwhile the wealthy can afford to remain indoors, and have their servants do all the mundane outside work. Even when the wealthy would go outdoors, they'd be chauffeured, or have servants holding up decorative cloth to shade them from the sun.

In the West, the wealthy show off their tanned skin as a status symbol. The wealthy can afford a life of perpetual recreational activities, enjoying leisure in the fun and sun, even relaxing on tropical beaches while the working class endure the winter months back home.

I think what you said started it a long time ago and I have heard what you wrote, but things evolve and change over time. My friends wife is from Japan and she literally talks about lighter skin being cleaner and prettier. She doesn't say it makes her not look like a farmer and only 3% of Japanese work in agriculture today. When the lighter skin thing started most were farmers so it was pertinent and no longer is today. They live in Japan and he says there is a bias against dark skin and in favor of lighter skin including with race of someone in Japan.

I had a different friend teach English in South Korea and he said students would openly talk about how black people (African descent) had dirty skin. When he complained to other teachers about it, the South Korean teachers agreed with the students to his shock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies