Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2021, 05:41 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Oh I see as in I like the color yellow.
What a dodge on that poster's part. "We approve of him because we want to"? WTH does that even mean?

There are always reasons for our decisions on anything. Seems like that poster has no good reason so he can't share it. Sounds like a party hack to me. Vote Democrat no matter how bad the candidate is.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:43 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
What's this "Free stuff" I keep hearing about, and what "Free stuff" do people get when there's a Dem in office that they don't get when there's a Republican in office?
This "Free stuff" narrative doesn't work if you answer that question with any honesty.

Time for a little education. Settle back, put your feet up, and have a smoke. Ready?

One example of many. There are approximately 328.2 million people living in the US. These people benefit from a plethora of government services: defense, social security, national parks, etc. There are 144.3 million taxpayers. Warning: Math ahead. May cause liberal brains to overheat and explode. 328.2 million - 144.3 million = 183.9 Million. Ergo, 183.9M people don't pay for government services from which they benefit. Warning: English ahead. May cause liberal brains to overheat and explode. We have a word for getting stuff without paying for it. That word is "free". "Stealing" means getting stuff for free without permission. It's arguable as to whether or not the 183.9 million freeloaders are stealing, but it sure feels like it.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:47 AM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Handouts and institutional racism against white people.
... and free reign to rob, loot, murder.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:58 AM

7,930 posts, read 9,152,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No. As in we support Biden because we feel like it and no African American has any need to expound beyond that particular reasoning.

But if you wanna pursue this yellow nonsense, I’m down for it. Go to the nearest black community to your location and DEMAND that they tell you why they support Biden, and show the same hostility that you’re showing me here.

Videotape the encounters and put the vid in my inbox. Then we can talk about shades of yellow.
You are the only one showing hostility here. You voluntarily engaged in a thread that asked why Biden's support was so high among a sub group of the population. You have already said numerous times that you don't feel any need to answer. So why did you even bother to reply to it?

Old 06-25-2021, 07:48 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
I received the exact same handouts that you received. I don’t know you and yet, I can say that definitively without flinching.

Now you know what handouts I received.

Forgive you if I’m puzzled? I’m not puzzled. I’m more bemused than anything else.

I gave you the answer that you’re looking for. We support him because we feel like it. No African American really has any business giving you any other answer. And even that’s saying too much if I’m being real.
Must be because they feel safe in the cities now.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:49 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
I really wish the handout part were true. It would be nice to receive handouts just for being black. If there is a way to receive those handouts, please let me know how I can receive them. If that were the case I would post in on city-data and brag about it with a smile. You all act like black folks are the only people who like free stuff!!
Never heard of Evanston, Il, have you?

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/23/98027...r-black-reside

Old 06-25-2021, 07:54 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Not one country was afraid of Trump.

What debate? There was no debate for me to lose. Blacks are over represented as welfare recipients? So! What’s your point? Is that supposed to resonate with me for some reason or another? That stat doesn’t bother me in the least. Big deal.

And the other issue of blacks giving overwhelming support to Biden isn’t a point of debate. It just a thing. It’s a factoid. It doesn’t need explanation, nor should it elicit any debate. You’re looking to peel back layers of an onion that you can’t eat.

Just leave it alone.
Not just Biden. All democrats. more lockstep than any other group. for 65 years. Like clockwork.

Rational people are debating here and saying that's not healthy for an ENTIRE group of people to be so lockstep with one party just based on race. It's bad...it leads to getting taken for granted. It leads to the hyper racial environment they have created today in which people are only grouped by race and feel they are victims because of their race!

Add to that the fact that blacks are still raging after all these years of voting democrat. They are still lagging in key areas that lead to good lives. They are still burning their neighborhoods (with the help of woke whites) and not able to coexist with first world law enforcement in many areas.

IT'S A PROBLEM AND PEOPLE CARE. We all have to live together and keep our country great.

Get it?

Old 06-25-2021, 09:13 AM

1,153 posts, read 631,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Not just Biden. All democrats. more lockstep than any other group. for 65 years. Like clockwork.

Rational people are debating here and saying that's not healthy for an ENTIRE group of people to be so lockstep with one party just based on race. It's bad...it leads to getting taken for granted. It leads to the hyper racial environment they have created today in which people are only grouped by race and feel they are victims because of their race!

Add to that the fact that blacks are still raging after all these years of voting democrat. They are still lagging in key areas that lead to good lives. They are still burning their neighborhoods (with the help of woke whites) and not able to coexist with first world law enforcement in many areas.

IT'S A PROBLEM AND PEOPLE CARE. We all have to live together and keep our country great.

Get it?
So, in other words, people only deserve the constitutional right to vote if it's candidates you approve of?

Look...I'm not a Biden fan and I'm clinching my fingers, hoping time moves fast enough until someone else becomes POTUS but I still think that the more than 81 million Biden voters in the country have the right to vote for the man because I respect the fact that we live in a democracy and not an authoritarian style dictatorship like China, Cuba, Ethiopia, or Venezuela. I personally think whoever voted to have Bush and Obama for second terms made grave mistakes but that's just me. I'm not obliged to tell people that they can only vote for candidates I prefer like Ron Paul and Rand Paul.

And all those issues you're saying come from community issues....many which some local Democrat politicians have tried to address. I'm not a Democrat but I worked alongside some of the ones who have offered job training programs, rehabilitation programs, and educational programs to the local residents.....and only some take advantage of these offerings while many don't.

Some things go beyond politics. A politician isn't supposed to make you a responsible, law abiding citizen. That's on you. Plenty of Democrats and Republicans alike are responsible, law abiding citizens and it's not because politicians told them to function that way. It's because they were raised right.

Also, as we've seen with states like Mississippi, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Louisiana, Florida, etc., Black Democrats don't have as much control over national politics as people think in comparison to White Democrats. Seems like Black Democrats and White Republicans don't have too many issues "co-existing" down there. That's why those states have remained staunchly conservative for so long while many states in the Northeast and West Coast haven't.

Old 06-25-2021, 09:17 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
So, in other words, people only deserve the constitutional right to vote if it's candidates you approve of?

Look...I'm not a Biden fan and I'm clinching my fingers, hoping time moves fast enough until someone else becomes POTUS but I still think that the more than 81 million Biden voters in the country have the right to vote for the man because I respect the fact that we live in a democracy and not an authoritarian style dictatorship like China, Cuba, Ethiopia, or Venezuela. I personally think whoever voted to have Bush and Obama for second terms made grave mistakes but that's just me. I'm not obliged to tell people that they can only vote for candidates I prefer.

And all those issues you're saying come from community issues....many which some local Democrat politicians have tried to address. I'm not a Democrat but I worked alongside some of the ones who have offered job training programs, rehabilitation programs, and educational programs to the local residents.....and only some take advantage of these offerings while many don't.

Some things go beyond politics. A politician isn't supposed to make you a responsible, law abiding citizen. That's on you. Plenty of Democrats and Republicans alike are responsible, law abiding citizens and it's not because politicians told them to function that way. It's because they were raised right.

Also, as we've seen with states like Mississippi, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Louisiana, Florida, etc., Black Democrats don't have as much control over national politics as people think in comparison to White Democrats. Seems like they and White Republicans don't have too many issues "co-existing" out there. That's why those states have remained staunchly conservative for so long while many states in the Northeast and West Coast haven't.
I'm not sure why you have a hard time understanding.

In a group of 42 million people, how is it healthy to have SO LITTLE DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT?

Whites, for example, vote very close to about 55-45% in favor of republicans. It's very close. Some years I'm sure even closer than that.

No other ethnic group votes so lockstep with one party. It's statistically impossible to only have less than 10% of blacks be conservative. SOMETHING ELSE must be going on in terms of brainwashing and indoctrination.

When one party knows they don't have to do jack to get votes from a particular bloc, they take them for granted!

Old 06-25-2021, 10:47 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post

Look...I'm not a Biden fan and I'm clinching my fingers, hoping time moves fast enough until someone else becomes POTUS but I still think that the more than 81 million Biden voters in the country have the right to vote for the man because I respect the fact that we live in a democracy and not an authoritarian style dictatorship like China, Cuba, Ethiopia, or Venezuela. I personally think whoever voted to have Bush and Obama for second terms made grave mistakes but that's just me. I'm not obliged to tell people that they can only vote for candidates I prefer like Ron Paul and Rand Paul.

Also, as we've seen with states like Mississippi, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Louisiana, Florida, etc., Black Democrats don't have as much control over national politics as people think in comparison to White Democrats. Seems like Black Democrats and White Republicans don't have too many issues "co-existing" down there. That's why those states have remained staunchly conservative for so long while many states in the Northeast and West Coast haven't.
Who in this forum has said that one can't vote for anyone that they want to? A question was just posed as to why blacks voted for Biden and continue to vote for the Democrats nearly exclusively in every election. "Just because I just want to" is a lame reason and we know that's not it. There was no demand just a question! I'm sure that poster would be glad to tell you why they may have voted for Trump and why they continue to vote for GOP candidates. I certainly would answer that question if posed to me. I'm not ashamed of by voting choices. Why so touchy? Hmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies