Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2021, 03:54 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I wonder why right-wingers bother to ask this question. They clearly don't like Biden, so no answer that African Americans give them as to why they support/approve of Biden will ever satisfy them.
This is one of the reasons I respond the way that I do. I'm not a Biden supporter. However, I don't think "why do Blacks vote the way that they do". I notice there are people here who rage all the time about it. It's like Black voting patterns scare them. I think "who cares who Black people vote for. We finish last anyway, so who we vote for shouldn't be of much consequence to you".

Old 06-26-2021, 03:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I personally don't care how your "ironclad coalition" chooses to vote. But one thing you said here has me doing the Mr. Spock with the eyebrow thing. This latter emoji is listed as "dubious" but I'm using it to impart "fascinating Captain'. This is because of your line about the aforementioned ironclad coalition remaining imperviously intact unless the Republicans ""appeal to Blacks by pandering to them (you) as hard as they can." We both know that the Democrats do so in totally shameless fashion however our take on that I believe is much different. You're buying it, I think it's plastic as hell and and there's not a jot of sincerity in anything they say or do via this pathetic pandering.

However you have proven beyond all doubt what I have postulated all along. The Dems shamelessly pander to the Black vote. And in what way do they do this? The answer to that is a hall of mirrors. To list just a few tings firstly I'll point out that it is the Dems (specifically the left and FAR left factions) that have given Black Americans special protected status. It's been that way for quite some time. If something is done to draw the ire of a black person the person or entity responsible can and will be pounced on like a ravenous mountain lion on a newborn calf. Followed by said cat pouncing on the cow driven by blood drunkenness. I've seen that happen both literally and in the situation I use the analogy for.

Then there is the infamous affirmative action policy, and for the sake of brevity I'm not going into any detail on that nor the endless list of other social programs and money thrown at the Black community to "pander" (your words not mine) to potential Black voters. At least your honest and openly admit the Democrats do indeed pander to the Black vote with zeal. And I don't particularly care. I'm not a Republican nor a Democrat. I despise both parties and the representatives in government fairly equally. I've been having to vote lesser of two evils since I was 18.

What you have also shown me is that especially now there is another ironclad way of things, that being the hard fast line drawn on the basis of skin tone. And that is sad. I truly loathe being judged by anyone based on the tone of the skin I was born with. I suppose now you're going to retort to that with "now you know how it feels", or "after all this time it's about time" or some such felgercarb. To those who think I need to feel shame for having been born with White skin, it's a shame there isn't a flipping the bird emoji.

I don't hold skin tone agin' anyone. Up till recently I looked straight past that physical trait but now it's being pointed out and shoved in my face and I truly resent the hell out of that. I don't look at anyone and pass judgement based only on the color of their skin. I certainly don't feel Hate based on that, but I do feel it all to strongly from others. Hate is an emotion that I keep on a very short leash and I only truly feel that for just a couple people. Neither of them are Black.

Now the pandering you speak of that the Dems do so well includes promoting the idea that all White people should feel shame for our skin as it makes us racist out of hand. Hatred and a superiority complex is in our DNA. Hardwired at birth. We have no period of complete innocence where skin color does not matter at all . And it's ONLY White people that are capable of racism. Yep, I resent the living $4!t out of that. I belong to a supposed protected class myself. I am a disabled White male. Thing is only the last two factors count.

To wit, when I was going through my divorce my blessedly now very ex financially ruined me. If it wasn't for a friend I would have been sleeping in a ditch and probably would have died there. I was seriously ill and I went to the Dept of Health and Human Services (yes the welfare office) seeking no more than medical help. The Hispanic woman at the window flat told me "there are no benefits of any kind available through this office for single White males." Which I found out when I wound up in the ER with Mr. Dead's hand on my shoulder was a complete lie. I qualified for Medicaid.

Equality? Fair treatment? To not be discriminated against due to skin tone? Is this the "pandering" that sways your vote? It's all smoke and mirrors. Hatred and prejudice are very much alive. As is "systemic racism." A White male no matter his circumstances is very much discriminated against in the "system." It is not a conjured illusory thing. Tell me , does this "ironclad group" of your'n want a truly inclusive society or does it wish to remain self segregated and "protected" as it is now?

If so do you feel you speak for the most of Black folks in this view? You seem fairly confident you indeed do.
I said what I said. You’re free to take it anyway you want. What I will NOT do is offer reasons why we vote the way we vote. I don’t plea bargain with people outside of the community. The amount of blacks that I speak for is also an area where you should just draw your own conclusions. I’m not offering a window into that inquiry either.

African Americans are not going to break up our political coalition at the behest of the members of the White Grievance Party, AKA the Republican Party. Our vote moves the way it moves, and you can either accept it with a smile, or be angry about it and frown. It’s nothing to us either way.

As to your annoyance with my “pander” comment, well, it is what it is. There are a million interest groups that get pandered to in this country, so we have just as much right to get pandered to as Cuban Americans (the Republican Party can’t get enough of sucking up to them) or AIPAC, Big Pharma, Big Ag, Big Oil, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Because we feel like it" is not an adequate answer to anyone's reasons for voting a certain way or for a certain politician. It's a cop out by people who didn't vote with their brains. If they did they'd be able to state the exact reasons why they voted the way they did.
You’ll just have to be satisfied with that answer. You’ll be fine.

Old 06-26-2021, 04:17 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Handouts and institutional racism against white people.
To add, they are brainwashed and believe they want to stick with the "Democratic way", not to mention they were promised $2,000 if they voted for him.

Old 06-26-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
To add, they are brainwashed and believe they want to stick with the "Democratic way", not to mention they were promised $2,000 if they voted for him.
Well if you guys already have the answers to the question of why we still support Biden, why ask in the first place?

It’s because we’re brainwashed and and want $2k checks. There’s your answer.

Now there should be no more dumb threads going down this line of inquiry.

Old 06-26-2021, 04:42 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I'll be blunt. Anyone who thinks Black Americans are voting for Democrats because "we're brainwashed and only want handouts", that says much more about someone's low opinion of Black Americans than anything else. Anyone who thinks in that way only brings resentment and a bigoted mindset to the conversation. What would be the point of having that in the conversation?

Old 06-26-2021, 04:59 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'll be blunt. Anyone who thinks Black Americans are voting for Democrats because "we're brainwashed and only want handouts", that says much more about someone's low opinion of Black Americans than anything else. Anyone who thinks in that way only brings resentment and a bigoted mindset to the conversation. What would be the point of having that in the conversation?
I think ANYONE who voted for Biden, if not outright brainwashed, was manipulated by the media. Applies to all - white, brown, black, beige, tan, taupe, sepia, and sienna.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I think ANYONE who voted for Biden, if not outright brainwashed, was manipulated by the media. Applies to all - white, brown, black, beige, tan, taupe, sepia, and sienna.
Okay. So what else is new.

If you already know the answer, stop asking the question.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:34 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Ok, so it's all false claims why blacks constantly vote Democrat and why they voted for Biden. Then why not tell us the real reason that blacks do? I'm keeping an open mind here and am willing to listen. I'm really that curious. Why not set the record straight?

Old 06-26-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ok, so it's all false claims why blacks constantly vote Democrat and why they voted for Biden. Then why not tell us the real reason that blacks do? I'm keeping an open mind here and am willing to listen. I'm really that curious. Why not set the record straight?
Nope. Keep believing your own notions. That’s fine with us.

We don’t care if you have an open mind or not.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I guess patronizing / pandering really does work !
"Make America Great Again"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies