Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2021, 11:42 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Um, I'm a senior citizen. What you are claiming is no longer the case in this country. What you are speaking of is a long ago past. No one is being discriminated against today for the most part in our society and government.
Well, well, well…

Old 07-02-2021, 11:54 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The art of persuasion is lost on them.
In some cases, it's not really about the art of persuasion. It's about WHO. It is about who someone wants to persuade.

The art of persuasion is lost on some people. And in other cases, the art of "thinking before one speaks" is lost on some people.

When someone says "I don't want Blacks getting rich off of my tax dollars", no matter what context it's mentioned in, it isn't going to send a good message. When someone says "Blacks should seek jobs not food stamps" in front of Black people who have jobs and aren't on food stamps, it reeks of the "Blacks are lazy" trope. That isn't going to persuade more Black people to vote for Republicans.

When Trump said "Look at my African-American over there" to the lone Black attendant at a rally in Redding, CA, that was just stupid. When Trump said "Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are (...) destroying Baltimore.", how is that going to persuade at least 30-40% of the African-American voter base to vote GOP, let alone Trump?

Old 07-02-2021, 01:32 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
So you believe in Biden's message that you will always be oppressed because of the color of your skin and are cursed with dark skin so you will never be able to achieve anything that a white person can because they are so privileged from the day they were born. Their white skin is their ticket to success. Right?
As a white man I can see that it's much harder for people of color to succeed and achieve than it is for whites...if you can't see that you are blind.
Even in the criminal justice system it's easy to see...people of color tend to get longer sentences for the same crimes.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:40 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Thank you. You don't get someone's vote by calling someone a freeloader. You don't get someone's vote by saying how "brainwashed" someone is. You actually sit down and tell me (or us) why your party (or you) would be a good, positive choice to vote for. And actually positive things.
well, on CD we know certain posters simply want to use slave references towards Black and Brown folks when it comes to voting.

Its hilarious and shows they don’t want our vote, they just want to insult us because they can’t get our vote.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:44 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
When did the GOP call all blacks, freeloaders? Those who are and any other race of Americans that do it certainly are though. How about the fact that it has been the GOP who has fought against illegal immigration way more so than the Democrats have and these illegals are taking jobs from blacks just as well as any other race of Americans. Do you like all these illegals flooding our border now because of Biden's lax immigration policies? If so, why? Do you like the fact that the Democrats are promising amnesty for millions of illegal aliens who take jobs and resources from your race just as any other race of Americans?
wait.. did you just ask who called people freeloaders and then call people freeloaders?

What in the Rick James is going on?

Lastly, after calling them freeloaders you say they are taking all the jobs. Make up your mind!

If someone can walk from Central America to America, barely speak english and take a job from
an American… well, IMO that American simply needed to up their skills or work ethic.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
well, on CD we know certain posters simply want to use slave references towards Black and Brown folks when it comes to voting.

Its hilarious and shows they don’t want our vote, they just want to insult us because they can’t get our vote.
It's more stupid than hilarious that someone would make slave references. It shows a high level of petulance. I'm not going to look down on another Black person for voting Republican. What I have a problem with are individuals who decide they want to complain about Black people due to how alot of Black people vote.

I think the insults are not as much about the inability to get Black votes. I think it's more anger than anything else. If a GOP candidate loses an election, it is easy to blame Black people for it. The idea being "he would have been in office if not for Black voters".

Old 07-02-2021, 02:02 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
What specific programs did Trump have that were intended to help Blacks only. Black unemployment rate under Obama dropped from 16% to 8%. When it dropped another one and a half percent under Trump it was a record low for them. Trump said "look what I did". He knows his goobers are easily played.
You are so out of touch.

https://townhall.com/columnists/twsh...erica-n2561831

Don't like that link? Do your own research.

Old 07-02-2021, 02:05 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
wait.. did you just ask who called people freeloaders and then call people freeloaders?

What in the Rick James is going on?

Lastly, after calling them freeloaders you say they are taking all the jobs. Make up your mind!

If someone can walk from Central America to America, barely speak english and take a job from
an American… well, IMO that American simply needed to up their skills or work ethic.
What are you doing putting your own twist and spin on what I actually said? Are you denying that there are some freeloaders in our country from the different races? I never said it was just one race nor did I say most people are freeloaders so just where the hell are you going with this?

Those taking our blue-collared jobs are illegal aliens. Are you also denying that? It's a fact!

Oh my God, you've got to be kidding me! The greedy employers who hire illegals aliens don't care what language they speak or if they lack skills they just hire them because they work for less and increase their profits. Don't pretend you don't this!!!!

One example, is in the construction industry. Illegal aliens have flooded that industry. Americans were skilled at those jobs and had good work ethics but again it's all about greed on the part of the employers and they care nothing about that it's all about their bottom line. Again, stop pretending you don't know that and attacking hard working Americans! It's disgusting of you! No one as a right to walk up to our border and enter illegally and steal jobs from Americans and/or reduce their wages. They cost us over $100 billion a year for their social costs to. I guess you think laws are irrelevant?

Old 07-12-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:

2nd reply

It is more sad than hilarious. It's one of those things that remind me that this isn't really about a real concern for Black Americans. It's more about wanting conservatives in power.

Old 07-13-2021, 01:28 AM

64 posts, read 47,343 times
They are on the plantation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies