Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2021, 04:38 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Rudy Giuliani has been suspended from practicing law in New York, an appellate court decided Thursday, citing the findings of a state disciplinary body which concluded the former mayor made “demonstrably false and misleading statements” while leading former President Donald Trump’s legal campaign to overturn the 2020 election.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=64b1d2ef5d6a
About time. Maybe he can get use the money Trump didn't pay him to buy it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2021, 05:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
26% of Americans were willing to believe that 9/11 was part of a government conspiracy. 45% of Republicans believed Obama was born in Kenya.

People will go to crazy lengths to rationalize their beliefs.
True, that is pretty scary.

Old 06-24-2021, 05:28 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Most New Yorkers would kill to have Mayor Guiliani back in office as Mayor of NYC. Maybe thats why they suspended his ability to practice law...so he'd return as Mayor instead.
I don't believe you personally know even a handful.
I don't know a single Nyer who doesn't think he is a complete and utter idiot. I know people who live on his block and don't even want him as a neighbor. He is an embarrassment. How do I know - because people in the neighborhood cringe when they see him on the street or in a restaurant. Not too many fans left- no one running up to him to get an autograph or a selfie. Any mayoral endorsement this year would mean the kiss of death for any republican - not that the current crop of candidates stood a chance.
I think he should go down to Florida and run for mayor of Sarasota. He might just be elected there.

ETA: I see he endorsed curtis sliwa. Nuff said.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:17 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
It's probably half the nation - and not just Republicans. Many Dems are questioning the legitimacy of the election also. It is in no way a "small cohort" of folks. His policies helped many on both sides of the isle, and Dems as well as Republicans voted for him. People that didn't vote last time voted this time. Did you watch any of the Lindell videos? You should. I have been around the block also - and if I thought the election was honest and above board, you wouldn't be hearing a peep from me -- but there is just too much information and evidence to deny malfeasance in this election -- especially since I know what was at stake for the Dems and globalists. Trump didn't fit in - they had to get him out - and the "club" did everything they could to make it happen. Surely you see that.
This is delusional. Normal people are not questioning the legitimacy of the election. Just Trump loving conspiracy folks. Everything Lindell or anybody else comes up with ends up being debunked if it is at all rational. And most of the time the debunking is done by Republicans who are in charge of the election operations.

The Republicans do this because despite their preference for Trump the first and foremost do not appreciate their ethics and their work being questioned by a bunch of crackpots.

The Republican Michigan legislature has just published a point by point debunking of the allegations in the Michigan vote. They have finally gotten to the bottom of the ridiculous assertion that Italian satellites switched votes to Biden. And nobody but the biggest cooks out there are still insisting that this Germany thing happened.

The thing about it is that your news outlets don't cover the debunkings of the doozies that your side comes up with.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:47 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
they'll hear this motion but not allow evidentiary hearings into the stolen election. hate lawyers. rigged game. NY courts are notorious for protecting the DC swamp.
Repeat after me very slowly...The election was not stolen. My sore loser messiah has been lying to me.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Biden lies all the time, he should be suspended too.
Sorry bubba, your dishonest deflections don't work anymore.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:55 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think there is nothing - nothing at all, ever, that will convince the very hard core Trump followers to realize they've been duped by him. Even if he got up and said I've been wrong, looking at the evidence I now realize the election was fair and honest, that wouldn't convince some.

They'd decide that's not Trump, that's an imposter. Or they have threatened him in some way to get up and lie.

When you realize there's NOTHING that will convince them that Trump lost, this isn't a belief we're dealing with, but a blindness.
Your words are the truest I've ever seen on this forum...Thanks ClaraC.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
You don't know what you are talking about. It is not about Trump - it is learning to connect the dots and researching for ourselves to come to an understanding of what has transpired - and the plan to weaken America. It's not a few people that have put in this effort to learn -- it's half the nation, and hundreds of millions of others world-wide.
The problem you have is where you do your "research". Gatewaypundit, Infowars, Qanon and the many other conspiracy sites you use are down the same rabbit hole you are in.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:56 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The problem you have is where you do your "research". Gatewaypundit, Infowars, Qanon and the many other conspiracy sites you use are down the same rabbit hole you are in.

They have to blame somebody. Surely NOT their Trump. People have to realize being associated with Trump never ends well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies