Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 02:24 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Rudy was using the information available to him at the time and this is simply payback from the Dem political machine for trying to upset the apple cart. Half the country sees what's going on. Rudy will get vindicated as more evidence comes out.
Rudy didn't do any research, then. I, a lowly peon, was easily able to figure out that "more votes in PA than requested" was nonsense, for example. Someone unknowingly or knowingly compared ballot requests for the primary last year to how many were sent in for the general. 2 separate events and the primary would naturally have less requests since not as many care about that part.

In reality, more were requested for general than received, so no problems. Easily checked on the Secretary of State's site with all of the election statistics.

Rinse and repeat. Choose - is Rudy inept? Deceitful? Or....both?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 04:12 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,469 times
People have been working very hard to suspend his license to practice ever since he started presenting unsubstantiated and false claims in court. He clearly and willfully violated rules of conduct.

Although he hasn’t practiced for ages, it is nice to know that this once-US Attorney for SDNY will exit this earth with his license to practice law suspended. It is a fitting end to a demented has-been whose antics are better suited for the dumpsters at the Four Seasons (Total Landscaping).

Old 06-25-2021, 04:17 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
.... is Rudy inept? Deceitful? Or....both?

lying in court: deceitful

press conference at 4 seasons landscaping next to a d*ld* shop: inept.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:24 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
has he since produced the affidavits that would support his claims?
I doubt it, but even if he did under procedural rules, in general, it would do him no good. I don't think he should be suspended but I would not want him representing me.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:29 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,213,642 times
Just to clarify the current suspension is temporary pending a more complete proceeding to decide whether the discipline will be permanent.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:31 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Just to clarify the current suspension is temporary pending a more complete proceeding to decide whether the discipline will be permanent.
In theory yes, but an interim suspension almost always morphs into a five year suspension or a disbarment.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:40 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Rudy Giuliani has been suspended from practicing law in New York, an appellate court decided Thursday, citing the findings of a state disciplinary body which concluded the former mayor made “demonstrably false and misleading statements” while leading former President Donald Trump’s legal campaign to overturn the 2020 election.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=64b1d2ef5d6a
Always put your trust in New York for outstanding justice leadership.

The rest of the states, should follow the great example, and operate like New York.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:42 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
I wouldn't hire Rudy to do the closing on my house let alone represent me in court. He would be too busy dressing in drag.

Old 06-25-2021, 09:58 PM

13,247 posts, read 7,304,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
He wasn't under oath. But I do believe that he shouldn't have attended oral argument unless they actually had the affidavits he referred to. Basically he went to court unprepared. I would have either been prepared or withdrawn the motion for injunctive relief. The last time I went to court that unprepared was in May 1988, and the age of 31. Suffice to say my boss wasn't. happy.
The affidavits were solicited by online form kind of a joke and I don't remember which judge said they were worthless because of how they solicited them. Rudy had a legal team when he was actually making legitimate claims. Example was the PA supreme court extending the days which a ballot could be received past what the law the state legislature approved.

You noticed how all those law firms dropped out when the Dominion, and Smartmatic conspiracies started to be alleged by Rudy. This was about the time when Sidney Powell and Lynn Wood started to get involved now we see who is being debarred, and the ones who smart enough to distance themselves from the train wreck the Trump legal team was headed for. The question is what will happen to Jenna Ellis she has seemed to been able to avoid the Dominion, and Smartmatic lawsuit.

Old 06-25-2021, 10:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Rudy didn't do any research, then. I, a lowly peon, was easily able to figure out that "more votes in PA than requested" was nonsense, for example. Someone unknowingly or knowingly compared ballot requests for the primary last year to how many were sent in for the general. 2 separate events and the primary would naturally have less requests since not as many care about that part.

In reality, more were requested for general than received, so no problems. Easily checked on the Secretary of State's site with all of the election statistics.

Rinse and repeat. Choose - is Rudy inept? Deceitful? Or....both?
It's just that being PRO-Trump can mess up some people's minds pretty bad. As a result, one can end up pretty passionately believing that Trump, by far, was one of the best presidents ever of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies