Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 11:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
lying in court: deceitful

press conference at 4 seasons landscaping next to a d*ld* shop: inept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3sCnbs31zo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 04:45 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The affidavits were solicited by online form kind of a joke and I don't remember which judge said they were worthless because of how they solicited them. Rudy had a legal team when he was actually making legitimate claims. Example was the PA supreme court extending the days which a ballot could be received past what the law the state legislature approved.

You noticed how all those law firms dropped out when the Dominion, and Smartmatic conspiracies started to be alleged by Rudy. This was about the time when Sidney Powell and Lynn Wood started to get involved now we see who is being debarred, and the ones who smart enough to distance themselves from the train wreck the Trump legal team was headed for. The question is what will happen to Jenna Ellis she has seemed to been able to avoid the Dominion, and Smartmatic lawsuit.
There is nothing wrong with soliciting affidavits online. There's one problem though; I went onto the Court's efiling system and there were no affidavits there. It's sort of like McCarthy waving a piece of paper allegedly containing lists of communists but not making the alleged list available.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:23 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Rudy Giuliani has been suspended from practicing law in New York, an appellate court decided Thursday, citing the findings of a state disciplinary body which concluded the former mayor made “demonstrably false and misleading statements” while leading former President Donald Trump’s legal campaign to overturn the 2020 election.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=64b1d2ef5d6a
It's run by dems, so why do you act SO surprised?

Old 06-26-2021, 03:21 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Is there anyone Trump has hired for anything that has been good at their job?

I can think of only one. Kelly Ann Conway. She was prob the best propaganda spokesperson an dcampaign manager i have ever seen. Her run ended with her posting nude photos of her child daughter on social media.

Old 06-26-2021, 03:41 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
There is nothing wrong with soliciting affidavits online. There's one problem though; I went onto the Court's efiling system and there were no affidavits there. It's sort of like McCarthy waving a piece of paper allegedly containing lists of communists but not making the alleged list available.
I was referring this case here in Arizona.

"Earlier, the judge threw out paper and electronic affidavits the Trump campaign collected from voters after Langhofer acknowledged that some of the forms were "spam" and not legitimate voters.

"Let me just clarify," Judge Daniel Kiley said to the Trump attorney. "Your solicitation of witnesses yielded some sworn affidavits that you yourself clearly determined are false and spam, as you phrased it?"

Kory Langhofer was an attorney representing Trump.

https://www.cbs58.com/news/trump-cam...iew-of-ballots

Old 06-26-2021, 06:58 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
This would be the biggest news story in America if it wasn't for the tragedy in Miami.

Old 06-26-2021, 08:33 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
I read the decision, all 35 pages of it. They set out chapter and verse how Rudy lied, when he did so and in what forums. Its not just NY, either. Rudy is admitted in DC and other jurisdictions do reciprocal discipline.

Let's see if TX can state accurately that Sidney Powell lied in her legal filings. She just about admitted that here statements were too outlandish to be believed so she couldn't be guilty of libel. That's not a good stance for a lawyer.

Old 06-26-2021, 08:38 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Trump didn't fit in - they had to get him out - and the "club" did everything they could to make it happen. Surely you see that.
In the words of our sainted mayor Richard J. Daley, Trump is out because he got less votes!

Old 06-27-2021, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Is there anyone Trump has hired for anything that has been good at their job?

I can think of only one. Kelly Ann Conway. She was prob the best propaganda spokesperson an dcampaign manager i have ever seen. Her run ended with her posting nude photos of her child daughter on social media.
"Is there anyone Trump has hired for anything that has been good at their job?"

ALL the people he hired to help him turn a few million into BILLIONS!

I'd bet you would give a LOT to have them help you.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I read the decision, all 35 pages of it. They set out chapter and verse how Rudy lied, when he did so and in what forums. Its not just NY, either. Rudy is admitted in DC and other jurisdictions do reciprocal discipline.

Let's see if TX can state accurately that Sidney Powell lied in her legal filings. She just about admitted that here statements were too outlandish to be believed so she couldn't be guilty of libel. That's not a good stance for a lawyer.
Lawyers lie!

Shocked, Just SHOCKED I tell ya'

I am more shocked that you don't think lawyers EVER lie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies