Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 01:24 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
But your original post doesn't say anything, at all, about not trusting the vaccines for a certain cohort. Your clarification merely states that the risk/benefit analysis doesn't justify use on very young adults.

This is vastly different than your initial choice of words "He doesn't seem to trust the vaccines 100% at all"

At all?

The man took the vaccine, thus he trusts it in a capacity such that the benefits outweighed the risks.

The real story here is that the "inventor" of mRNA technology trusted the vaccine enough to take it.
you know, if you get a bigger straw....it would be easier to grasp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAngie View Post
The Gateway Pundit is a far right website known for stating inaccurate data. When it comes to vaccines, one way to get away with that is to quote a very small number of doctors who are outliers from the medical community. That is why when it comes to medical information, valid medical websites need to be cited.

It's a quote...directly from Dr. Robert Malone....they are quoting him word for word

...he's not an outlier....he invented it

What's wrong with you people..LOL......the video of Dr. Malone is in the first link....you can watch his lips move!

Old 06-24-2021, 01:27 PM

1,081 posts, read 549,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Or... That it is right FOR HIM.

His whole point is that risk-benefit analysis' are not being performed for different groups. He's and older guy who is, by his age, in a high risk group.

We need to stop with this one size fits all approach.
In the darkhorse podcast interview, he stated his reason for taking the vaccine. That episode appears to have been pulled off youtube. So I can't verify this, but I believe he said he took the vaccine because he had long covid19 and the vaccine was suppose to help with that (which it did for him.)

Old 06-24-2021, 01:30 PM

5,347 posts, read 3,216,583 times
Quote:
Or... That it is right FOR HIM.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with that as well. Nobody should be forced by the government to take the vaccine.

My issue is with the OP's narrative that a founding father of mRNA technology doesn't trust the vaccine. I am simply pointing out that he trusts it enough to take it and that in his professional judgement the rewards outweigh the risks. In other words, if your argument is that the vaccine shouldn't be trusted, a founding father who by all accounts is pro personal freedom trusts the vaccine and you should have no reason not to trust it. But at the end of the day the choice is yours.

The OP could have written a narrative on the vaccine not being suitable for young adults. Or a narrative on government mandates (which to my knowledge is not even being discussed). But that's not juicy enough.

Old 06-24-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Dr. Robert Malone is an outlier in that his opinion is rejected by the vast majority of the medical community. That is what an "outlier" is.
uh, he's the expert that invented it...everyone else is just doing what he told them to do

Old 06-24-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
My issue is with the OP's narrative that a founding father of mRNA technology doesn't trust the vaccine. .
no, what you're doing is trying to twist what I did post

He does not """"seem"""" to trust the vaccine 100%....or he would recommend it for everyone including young adults and children

..and right here he says that....if it "seemed" he trusted the vaccines 100%.....he would not have said this "the benefits probably don’t outway the risks in that cohort"

"Dr. Robert Malone: So I have a bias that the benefits probably don’t outway the risks in that cohort. But unfortunately, the risk-benefit analysis is not being done… Certainly I can say the risk-benefit of those 18 and below doesn’t justify vaccines. And there’s a pretty good chance that it doesn’t justify vaccinations in these very young adults."[/quote]

(but thanks for keeping this post at the top...LOL)

Old 06-24-2021, 01:42 PM

8,420 posts, read 4,578,117 times
Quote:
Dr. Robert Malone is an outlier in that his opinion is rejected by the vast majority of the medical community. That is what an "outlier" is.

And Henry Ford was an outlier in the use of the assembly line as a method to manufacture automobiles.

Old 06-24-2021, 01:47 PM

1,081 posts, read 549,116 times
Quote:
And Henry Ford was an outlier in the use of the assembly line as a method to manufacture automobiles.
Nope, Ransom Olds was, but that's off-topic (and don't get me started on Henry Ford.)

Old 06-24-2021, 01:48 PM

5,347 posts, read 3,216,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
no, what you're doing is trying to twist what I did post

He does not """"seem"""" to trust the vaccine 100%....or he would recommend it for everyone including young adults and children
I'm not. I'm simply saying he "seems" to trust enough to take it himself. Our statements aren't mutually exclusive. The fact that there are so many science deniers out there, it should be comforting that a founding father of mRNA technology trusts the vaccine enough to take it himself.

To me that's the bigger statement on vaccine trust.

Old 06-24-2021, 01:51 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,659,254 times
Quote:
Epidemiologist Dr. John Rutherford form UCSF says about the Delta Variant..."if you're vaccinated it's nothing, if you're unvaccinated you're hosed"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies