Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2021, 01:35 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I thought Pelosi's actual job was that of speaker of the house. Not the character assessment manager.
Wait. I thought you guys told us she was in charge of Capitol Security.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:44 PM

6,340 posts, read 2,889,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Jordan is in denial about Jan 6th and the election results, who in their right might would trust him on it? I really have to question McCarthy putting him on there. The only reason I can even think of is being an FSU person to cripple it. Which that in it of itself is disgusting.
The truth is not denial. There were valid reasons why he voted not to certify the results. Many other republicans agreed with him.
Quote:

Jim Jordan explains why he is leading charge to block the certification of Joe Biden’s presidency

“Well, as Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said, it’s about the Constitution. Article I, section 4 is very clear it says, ‘the time, manner and place for holding elections is determined in each state by the legislature there of.’ Take Pennsylvania, for example, Pennsylvania State law says election day ends at 8 o’clock on election day.
The Supreme Court in Pennsylvania says nope, we’re gonna extend it three days till 5 o’clock on Friday. State law Pennsylvania says, ‘for every absentee mail in ballot there has to be a signature verification.’ The Secretary of State Pennsylvania says. ‘nope, we’re not going to do that. We’re not going to have a (signature).’
https://www.journal-news.com/news/ji...MJAN6OCO2ZCBY/

Old 07-22-2021, 02:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
The truth is not denial. There were valid reasons why he voted not to certify the results. Many other republicans agreed with him.

https://www.journal-news.com/news/ji...MJAN6OCO2ZCBY/
They all believe the big lie because they worry about the polling if they didn't blue pull and live in Fantasyland but thinking they really took a red pill.

Old 07-22-2021, 03:24 PM

89 posts, read 49,160 times
dont these guys have better things to do

Old 07-25-2021, 12:56 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Kinzinger denounces 'lies and conspiracy theories' while accepting spot on Jan. 6 panel

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) said after accepting Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) appointment to the Jan. 6 select committee on Sunday that "lies and conspiracies" have threatened "our self-governance."

"For months we have searched for answers and what process we should use to get them. For months, lies and conspiracy theories have been spread, threatening our self-governance," Kinzinger said in a statement

"Self-governance requires accountability and responsibility. My faith requires the same of me, truth is necessary for order, and that's what I will do," he added. "Let me be clear, I'm a Republican dedicated to conservative values, but I swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution - and while this is not the position I expected to be in or sought out, when duty calls, I will always answer."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Old 07-25-2021, 02:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Can you even imagine a baseball team, picking the players that will take the field to oppose them, in the championship game.
How about the prosecution, picking and placing their own people as your witnesses.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:32 PM

Jan. 6 select committee to open investigation amid political chaos and controversy

The House select committee envisioned to be the ultimate arbiter of what led President Donald Trump’s supporters to invade the U.S. Capitol in January is scheduled to begin its work this week under a cloud of controversy that threatens to compromise the investigation from the outset.

Republican leaders, who declared a boycott after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) last week rejected two of their picks for the panel, have signaled to the GOP’s rank and file that there could be consequences for anyone who participates. As of Sunday, two have agreed to do so anyway, and Pelosi has hinted that there could be others.

It’s unclear when a roster may be finalized, and Democrats running the committee have yet to articulate specific plans or timelines for their investigation.

Nevertheless, on Tuesday, four police officers — two from the Capitol’s protection squad and two from D.C. police — are set to provide the first public testimony before the select committee. They are expected to testify about their experiences of both physical and verbal abuse on Jan. 6, as they tried to protect the Capitol from a swelling horde of demonstrators determined to stop Congress’s efforts to certify the 2020 electoral college results and declare Joe Biden the next president.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Old 07-26-2021, 01:34 PM

Liz Cheney is "a lady of integrity." I admire Cheney for putting country first!

Quote:
'Pelosi Republicans': McCarthy and Cheney trade barbs ahead of Jan. 6 committee hearing

A day before the U.S. House’s new select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection holds its first public hearing, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy called Reps. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., and Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill. — who agreed to sit on the panel after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected two of McCarthy’s picks — “Pelosi Republicans.”

Speaking to reporters in the Rose Garden at a White House ceremony commemorating the anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act, McCarthy was asked whether he planned to punish Cheney and Kinzinger for agreeing to participate in the select probe.

“We’ll see,” McCarthy said before giving them the disparaging label.

As Cheney entered an afternoon prep session for Tuesday’s hearing, she was asked about McCarthy’s comments.

“I think that’s pretty childish,” Cheney said.
https://www.aol.com/news/pelosi-repu...172808044.html

Old 07-26-2021, 02:56 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Good thing Commissar Pelosi know that its not the border crisis, unemployment, homelessness, foreign provocation, US skyrocketing debt or infrastructure...no, Jan 6 commission is what MUST be focused on that will really help the gd people she supposedly "represents".

I can't stand Pelosi, but she doesn't represent the whole country.

Essentially, she represents the City and County of San Francisco, which has a per capita income of over $139k, a per capita GDP of over $230k, and is part of a CSA with a $1 trillion+ GDP.

Old 07-26-2021, 04:44 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I can't stand Pelosi, but she doesn't represent the whole country.

Essentially, she represents the City and County of San Francisco, which has a per capita income of over $139k, a per capita GDP of over $230k, and is part of a CSA with a $1 trillion+ GDP.
So what?

Your could make the same statement about McConnell.

And countless others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies