Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 10:35 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
This one like 99% of the others, is totally justified. It's a graphic video. So if you don't want to watch, this man ignored officers orders to drop a knife after stabbing a woman, he sprinted at Police and got shot.

I wonder when the peaceful protests will start. These cops have a really hard job.
When will people comprehend that if you violently resist arrest and attack the police, you will likely end up being shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
LOL the shooting cop almost struck his partner. That why his partner hit the deck. But that was some good trigger control under pressure. If he jerked it, he likely would have shot his own partner.
Or possibly the officer is a practiced marksman and he intimately knows his skill with that weapon.

Old 06-25-2021, 10:47 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Time to riot.
Time to burn.
Time to terrorize.
Time to loot.

As much as some seem to REALLY want the community to riot, it doesn't appear to be happening.

Old 06-25-2021, 10:53 AM

574 posts, read 299,283 times
Wonder why Leclown hasn't taken to twitter? Where's the demented whisperer and his sidekick heels up calling for less police and more bowing down to BLM? No nancy or chuckie on their knees? Great shoot by PD and I don't care what color you are. You attack our police you get the business end of any weapon they choose. Same would happen if this idiot were to come at me with a knife. I would drop him in his tracks.

Old 06-25-2021, 01:15 PM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Nah, the shooter came close to hitting his partner. His partner even fell down.
His partner is lucky that this guy can shoot since IMHO, he was “delayed” in his action AND was the main target of this attack. Furthermore, he fell over while moving backwards and “off-lining from the direction of attack. I would put money that this possible delay in action was caused by knowing that his mayor, the police chief and all the liberal media will throw him under the bus if they end up shooting a person of color.

That’s a lot of BS to be worrying about in the back of your head every single day you show up for work.

Yes, the criminal’s attack created a dangerous Crossfire situation, but if that cop didn’t engage him immediately, that criminal would have stabbed his partner and possibly killing him, especially AFTER he fell.

I hope this cop will be recognized for his quick thinking AND yes, his compassion after shooting other human being and wanting to save his life…. This is something that truly evil and racist people DO NOT DO!!

Yes, I will always give a GOOD cop the benefit of the the doubt in their actions and agree that any cop that acts in a criminal, willfully and wrongful manner should face trial for any possible wrong doing.

With crime exploding in our cities and cops deciding to retire or quit in record numbers, were do YOU stand in this situation of either supporting our GOOD cops or defunding them and blaming them for all our social problems?

I stand with the good men and women, of all Colors, in law enforcement that STILL show up to do this thankless job every single day.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:23 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
His partner is lucky that this guy can shoot since IMHO, he was “delayed” in his action AND was the main target of this attack. Furthermore, he fell over while moving backwards and “off-lining from the direction of attack. I would put money that this possible delay in action was caused by knowing that his mayor, the police chief and all the liberal media will throw him under the bus if they end up shooting a person of color.

That’s a lot of BS to be worrying about in the back of your head every single day you show up for work.

Yes, the criminal’s attack created a dangerous Crossfire situation, but if that cop didn’t engage him immediately, that criminal would have stabbed his partner and possibly killing him, especially AFTER he fell.

I hope this cop will be recognized for his quick thinking AND yes, his compassion after shooting other human being and wanting to save his life…. This is something that truly evil and racist people DO NOT DO!!

Yes, I will always give a GOOD cop the benefit of the the doubt in their actions and agree that any cop that acts in a criminal, willfully and wrongful manner should face trial for any possible wrong doing.

With crime exploding in our cities and cops deciding to retire or quit in record numbers, were do YOU stand in this situation of either supporting our GOOD cops or defunding them and blaming them for all our social problems?

I stand with the good men and women, of all Colors, in law enforcement that STILL show up to do this thankless job every single day.
I dont want cops defunded.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
As much as some seem to REALLY want the community to riot, it doesn't appear to be happening.
If that is true, maybe the people are finally catching on to how disingenuous, destructive and harmful these BLM riots / protests are to the community.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I dont want cops defunded.
What's the new lie from the dems? If not "defund" the police is the new talking point to reallocate funds? Both accomplish the same thing.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:28 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Pretty much. Resisting arrest and becoming violent is not the place to plead your case. That's for the courtroom and your attorney. However, these perps are typically high on drugs, alcohol etc and have multiple weapons charges, Felonies and don't want to go back to prison. So they get violent and resist.
More people need to watch "Cops Reloaded" on the REELZ channel!

Old 06-27-2021, 05:56 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well - too be fair, we have had hundreds of black folk shot by other black folk, and nobody had said a dam thing.

Are those lives less relevant?
We’ve also had many more COPS shut by black folk than the other way around. I fear the number will go up, as white cops know that the country will burn if they act 1/2 second prematurely in an attempt to protect their own lives, and thus will hesitate when dealing with a black thug (as opposed to a white thug), and the number of police killings will go up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies