Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 10:44 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Once you understand the true purpose of the US military, you'll find its deserving of little respect. But ya probably never will understand it.

All you have to study is the Military Industrial Complex (and your education will begin).

Old 06-26-2021, 10:47 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,592 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The General swore an oath to the Constitution.

And that Constitution involves the free elections and peaceful transfer of power. Which Milley is clearly concerned with, and concerned about the unconstitutional attempt at a power grab to over throw the process.

I have a friend who was career military and he's REALLY upset that he spent 22 years of his life fighting for the constitution, which he now believes was in vain, because a sitting president of the US attempted a gross violation of the rules of the constitution, and nothing big was done about it. As in, arresting him for treason and executing him.

So this guy feels like his lifework has been in vain, and our constitution is meaningless now in the eyes of a large percentage of the country.

And I'm not going to argue with him. He's right.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:53 AM

33,548 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I don't think this will help the GOP win over any new voters. Comments were made at 9:35 into the video.

What I heard is Trump supporters are now maggots.. disgusting .. 3:44

Old 06-26-2021, 10:55 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What I heard is Trump supporters are now maggots.. disgusting ..

Not new. They've been calling us maggots on CD for ages! You just let it roll off your back. You know, "When they go low...................."

Old 06-26-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I read everything. I listen to both Rush Limbaugh (now Buck Sexton) and read Slate and listen to NPR.

It's important to listen. REALLY listen, not listen to argue. Listen to understand a viewpoint and where it comes from.

You don't have to espouse something to be willing to listen for clarity.

He wonders what was behind what he saw Jan. 6. And that's valuable to unpack - because they ain't going away. So it's important to know what they are, what makes them so rageful, where we are going in the future.
This general said he is not political.. he goes after radicals.. lol.. antifa,,, BLM...our Biden government... tis guy is stupid to think we don't see right through him. Just the ones that he is bias against.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Not new. They've been calling us maggots on CD for ages! You just let it roll off your back. You know, "When they go low...................."
I guess the original poster didn't hear it.. right? lol

Old 06-26-2021, 11:28 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExploitedUniverse View Post
So what does Tucker the ffff er know about what the military should or shouldn’t do?
This topic is in theory not about the substance of what Carlson said, but how he said it.

Every American has the right to criticize the military regardless if they served or not. We have a civilian controlled military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Carlson has never served anything larger than himself. He’s a coward. Let him run his mouth.
Here you are in a topic about inappropriate name calling doing inappropriate name calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
As soon as the General said 'Jan 6th was a demonstration of White Rage'----he lost all credibility ~ He and Dementia Joe will be room-mates at 'Shady Acres' ALF... Tucker is RIGHT...this guy is a Moron ~
Once again...... we need to return a level of civility in our discourse, even in the anonymity of the WWW.
Milley, a Princeton graduate, is clearly no moron. If he is promoting moronic policy, the policy need to be criticized and it needs to be shown why the policy is moronic. CRT is not an accepted philosophy that is a fringe philosophy gaining prominence because no one ever attacks the tenets, they attack the personalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Being retired Army, after serving over 26 years as an enlisted man, I have no issues with civilians challenging the Generals and their policies, which as always been done since the creation of our country.

“I” don’t think this General is stupid or a pig, but “I” believe that he’s now a politician, as a US Military Flag Officer, in DC, which is a bad thing for all the Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen.

The military NEEDS to get away from requiring CRT or whatever they remand it to from being force fed to the troops. It’s sad since it’s been only 6 months that Biden has been POTUS and now, the military is fighting itself…. In the name of social re-engineering, instead of preparing to fight the Chineses, Russians and/or the Iranians.

Also, as a Senior NCO, if “I” was caught reading anything from Lenin, Marx, Stalin, Mao or Hitler, I’d be reinterviewed to see if I was a security threat and possibly having my security clearance revoked or frozen, pending an investigation into why “I” was reading or having subversive materials in my possession…. Instead of being enlightened with this vast knowledge, I’d be pulled from a Line-Company or Operations. And in hours, be reassigned to driving around base housing in the “Humvee of shame” telling people that they need to cut their grass or pick up the dog poop in their yards. “Or” be sent to some broom closet, as the Non Commissioned Officer-in-Charge of counting paper clips…. Until my retirement papers were approved.

Neither of these two duties would be considered career enhancing positions or duties.

Btw, where was the Left’s outrage when General Petraeus and General Flynn were called “traitors,” which IS the worst thing you can call anybody in the military… Regardless of rank.
Drop the mike and exit the stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Attacking any military is deplorable period.
Is this what you said about attacks of Colonel West? General Petraeus? Lt Col. Lohmeier?

Quote:
Tucker needs to be fired his mouth has overrun his arse.
The only punishment Carlson deserves is for people to not watch his show. He lost a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The fact you are commenting on the 'white rage' reference without trying to find out what he was referencing is fascinating to me. He identified a specific ideology that is out there.
"White rage" isn't an ideology. I doubt it is anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Another false narrative. lol Dems are the best! lol Tucker is saying the truth.
The question isn't is Carlson right or wrong. The question is, does his message get lost because of his language and clearly it did since we are arguing style, not substance. We SHOULD be discussing disturbing trends in military leadership, but we aren't.

Quote:
Name calling is low - I bet Tucker never stepped into any uniform. Need to say what he wants about the issues without attacking an individual let alone a vet. Just wrong - but Reps- specifically trumpettes, don’t care about that anymore.
What is wrong with you? Serious question, not an attack, You quite rightly talk about Carlson "say(ing) what he wants about the issues without attacking" and then you finish with a name calling attack all Republicans and use a pejorative "trumpette".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohnson69 View Post
but he would stop running his mouth as soon as any man (or woman) in uniform punched him in the nose. That would change his tune in a hurry. typical fancy/pretty boy.
Another Left winger suggesting violence as a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I laugh how the left loves and respect the military now . These are the same people that went after the military since Vietnam and Iraq wars and called them war mongers and war criminals overall now they love the military because 1 general got political and stupid calling 1 group of race “White Rage” in a negative way. They believe in their B.S.
The Left doesn't love the military now and never will. They will use any cudgel to accomplish their goals. Remember how they savaged Milley one year ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
The general can insult his entire military and the entire nation of white Americans with the term “white rage” but Tucker responding only to him is bad? LMAO!
If Carlson (by the way, why does everyone use his first name? I find that odd) had responded point by point on how awful the VIEWS of the general were and not name called the general himself, we'd be having a productive discussion. We are not.

Quote:
Military is neither right or left. Get that into your heads people.
The military isn't SUPPOSED to be right or left, but when the CNO drops books by Henry Kissinger and James Stockdale and the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence off his primary reading list and adds "The New Jim Crow", "How to be an Anti-Racist" and "Sexual Minorities and Politics", I KNOW the military is injecting dubious left wing doctrine and that is BAD for the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The military is now increasingly being made up of Gen Z and has changing values that reflect that.
What is scary is what sociologists are telling us about the rate at which boys mature these days. There are tons of books and studies on the topic. The age at which a boy reaches the same level of maturity as a 17 year old did in 1940, is about 26 years old. That age started up in the early 1960s and greatly accelerated in the late 1970s and 1980s. In essence, an 18 year old boy who enters the service in 2021 has about the emotional and social maturity of a 14 year old boy in 1940.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
He's got eyes in his head. He saw what we all saw. An enormous crowd of white people, in a unified rage against the government. Why not call it what it is? What's the harm of saying, "we need to figure out what's causing this phenomenon?" Isn't that what they WANT, after all? To be HEARD? Aren't they shouting and raging to be HEARD? He's attempting to hear them, and ponder what they're saying, and figure out what's causing it.
What conclusions should we be drawing from the ethnicity of the people we saw looting during the Rodney King Riots, Michael Brown Riots and George Floyd Riots? What books should the military brass be recommending to understand that? And what books to understand Antifa who try to burn federal buildings and insurrectionists who burn police stations?

Old 06-26-2021, 11:46 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
You realize many dead or maimed soldiers are not Republicans right ?? I hope you understand that. And most of the people who hype never have any clue of what it’s all about. Never stepped in a Barack or ship or into a boot. Military is neither right or left. Get that into your heads people.
The most of drill instructors (the Marines are famous for it) have a line they use with every company they train. First thing first day. "You are no longer Black White Yellow or Red. The only color you see is MARINE GREEN!!" Of course that was in the days where recruit uniforms were all solid color and they were referred to as "fatigues." The uniforms are now digicam and are called BDUs. Battle Dress Uniform. Been that way for quite a while but according to my nephew who went in right before Iraqi Freedom they still used that line. Recruits were still wearing green. Green woodland pattern. Digicam was just starting to trickle in.

I was never in uniform. I had signed up in 1983 prior to graduating rom HS. I was going Army though I thought seriously about following my Dad's footsteps into the Navy. But I was involved in a bad crash, motorcycle vs car. I was on the bike. The car won. My lower right leg was pretty well pulverized. The recruiter came to see me in the hospital. The injury was way to severe for me to even think about being a soldier.

But I did work as a civilian contractor for the Army for 20 years. The base I worked on was pretty remote and started life as a Navy Ammunition Depot. Carter merged all munitions under the Army so they got that base. It's been used more as a training base for quite a while now since the military holdings for it has every type of terrain imaginable. Mountains, desert, forest, even water. I got to meet and interact with all kinds of different war fighters from all over the world. Minus one annual exercise it was all special forces units training there.

SEALS, Rangers, Green Berets, USMC Force recon and Scout Sniper, British SAS, IDF special units, Aussies, French Mountain Warfare (they came in same time as the Brits. That got ...interesting) . There was one unit came in that we never actually saw save one guy. Bumped into him coming out of the COs office as he was coming in. Raised my eyebrows a bit cuz his camo pattern looked East Bloc. No insignia no patches totally sterile. All the shops were informed don't be asking questions about who those guys are. End of line. Don't think they were Russians but the camo pattern sure looked the part.

Anyway, one thing all the teams had in common. There were no color, political, ideological nor any other dividing lines. Your buddy was yer buddy was yer buddy all the way down the line. No such thing as White power, Black power nor any racial anything. It was Team Power. No Republicans Democrats Libertarians or whatever. Nothing but unit cohesion .And that was iron clad. And there was actually two huge annual exercises non special ops. One Army the other Maine Corps. And there was no political, skin tone or any other thing twixt those guys either.

That wasn't all that long ago. Just shy of a decade I reckon since I was on station. But things sure have changed in the last couple years. I have to admit I'm clueless whats going on in the militay now as far as such internal matters we are discussing here.

Old 06-26-2021, 12:02 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I guess the original poster didn't hear it.. right? lol

Old 06-26-2021, 12:12 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Once again...... we need to return a level of civility in our discourse, even in the anonymity of the WWW.
Milley, a Princeton graduate, is clearly no moron. If he is promoting moronic policy, the policy need to be criticized and it needs to be shown why the policy is moronic. CRT is not an accepted philosophy that is a fringe philosophy gaining prominence because no one ever attacks the tenets, they attack the personalities.

Here speaks the 'Tim' the California Liberal impressed by Ivy League Degrees; 'Mily Vanily' has as much battle experience as any Ivy League Grad----which is NONE. I'd bet dimes-to-dollars (reports from his own men),...this coward never carried a fire-arm into battle and probably couldn't even clean his own gun.

HE'LL brag to you about his stripes, but if he's an officer, he had a command unit under him---and WITH THAT FAT GUT)---he's never been 'gun-ho' for the military (wouldn't happen with that Waist line---no self-respecting soldier lets himself go like that---(he's only 62) ---Now he wants us to respect him (Well you can be the 'sucker' for that).

I've seen Ivy league smuks come and go in my field ---most can't make it and need 'desk jobs' where they can spout off with their Frat Brothers----

I'LL TELL YOU THIS--- with that 'Fat Ass Gut' of his *(i don't care if he's 62...i work out with guys in the late 70s' and would knock his head off) baggy eyes---no doubt this guy has an alcohol issue.

He's doesn't even KNOW WHAT Critical Race Theory is being taught in schools (its not the same as the military history lesson) ---what a dumbo.

;(

Without giving my resume, i'm come from Military (real combat in Lebanon and Morocco). My father from Korea----this Smuck is just that (A Smuck~~)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies