Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 03:55 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

KNOCK it DOWN! Knock it DOWN! Or a can spray paint to deface it will be fine.

Knock down the criminal's statue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 05:03 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Floyd MIGHT be alive today, assuming drugs didn’t kill him, if one of the witnesses called 911. Instead, they were interested in getting it on camera, even if it meant letting him die.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousoutsider View Post
You mean call the cops for what cops were doing to him?
Floyd was high on drugs and was whining he could not breathe in his own car, before they ever touched him.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:52 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
That poor cop got railroaded. Exploitative press didn't help

Old 06-26-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I've seen the video. I mean the whole video. I was just replying to the idea that someone should have called the cops because of what was taking place with the cops.

Regardless of Floyd and his drugs or antics, I don't know how any human could feel the comfortable camped out with his knee on a man's neck for that long while the man is obviously in great distress. That just has to feel wrong while you're doing it.
I wish that the officer would have changed positions, did different restraints, passed off techniques to other officers on the scene, so that he did not hold his neck that long. But as for Felon Floyd and his money grubbin' family, and the destruction the rioters did, I have no sympathy.

Old 06-26-2021, 06:17 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Derek Chauvin was convicted and sentenced because he is white.
He murdered a suspect in custody.

Quote:
Floyd was already... <insert victim attack here>
Irrelevant. Police isn't - and this is a really important point - police isn't allowed to murder people in custody. Full stop.

Bad people. Good people. No murdering. Why is this such a hard concept?

Old 06-26-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I have no sympathy for the cop or the druggie. Most youtube videos come from 2 dysfunctional people. If one is reasonable it doesn't make for good viewing.
So many are brainwashed into hating cops, only to get worse with the Liberals promoting "racist cop mentality", spreading this on Liberal News media. . I have known cops my entire life, worked with one at a fast food when I was 16 (who later became an officer),. I watched him go on to achieve high ranking in the police department. Another student became a police officer in my class. I have never encountered a bad experience with police officers in my entire life. Stop your car, show respect and follow traffic laws (easy to do) I have speeded a few times when I was younger and was pleasant to the officer so I got a warning. Not even a ticket.

Cop hate is a brainwashing technique Liberals are feeding their minions
. Racist groups are teaching their 5 year olds that cops are bad. Cops are racist. Bunch of BUNK!

Old 06-26-2021, 06:35 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
When you camp out on the neck of a man crying out for help in front of the cameras, you put yourself in the hands of an emotional populace and exploitive press. The level of drugs in Floyd was probably a contributing factor, but a man's knee on your neck is also not recommended by your Dr. for a reason.

Chauvin had a history of using too much force and he was such a jerk other cops didn't want to partner with him.
They ALL say they can't breath when you restrain them. The cops used that neck restraint all the time and it never killed anyone.

Old 06-26-2021, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
They ALL say they can't breath when you restrain them. The cops used that neck restraint all the time and it never killed anyone.
Exactamundo~!!!! Just like on COPS, nobody can breathe, nobody can stop their car, everybody wants to RUN when they leap out of their car!

Old 06-26-2021, 07:28 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Sooner or later parking your knee on someone's neck will result in something like this happening. Most healthy people would survive it, but not all suspects are healthy, drug free people. The way he camped out there while a man was in distress in front of all the cameras was not only bad optics, but it was dangerous.

If cops want to be respected, and I tend to side with the cops, they have to be aware of how things look. There was no benefit in rolling the dice with a man's life for the length of time that he did.
And what does it look like when you put a cop away for life for just doing his job and trying to protect the public from a dangerous thug? And now the thug is the hero? It looks like a formula for crime and chaos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies