Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 12:40 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Why?
whos gonna do the hard stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 12:42 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
{shrug} back in about 1962 my high school basket ball coach predicted that in the near future we would all be beige.
“All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction. Everybody just gotta keep ****in' everybody 'til they're all the same color.”

Sen jay Billington Bulworth

Old 06-26-2021, 12:59 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you don't know what the dominant, defining culture and language is of the U.S. then you must not be an American. Hint, we are not known as a Hispanic, Asian, Muslim, etc. country even though we have those minority cultures living among us. Our identifying language is English, not Spanish, not Mandarin and not Arabic.
But you said "culture."

the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-26-2021, 01:22 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,961,324 times
I preferred the ratio when whites were 90% of the pop. I’m sure others prefer the white pop % to be much lower and that’s what’s been happening.

3 cheers for lack of immigration law enforcement, amnesty, and diversity!

Old 06-26-2021, 01:47 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Americans think more globally. They tend to be more proud to be American when they are on foreign soil. I say this as a world traveler.
Americans actually don’t think globally. It’s not just about being proud to be American but understanding that most Americans share characteristics that make us stand out when we are on foreign soil.

Old 06-26-2021, 01:49 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
Slavery was America's biggest mistake, not only because of its' moral bankruptcy, but its' tactical bankruptcy.

One group can't take another group, especially a group that's noticeably different visually, never pay them, beat them, treat them like crap, and kill them, for 200 years (roughly 1670 to 1870) then make BS laws that badger them for another 100 years ...and then expect an apology after all that will be worth anything.

...but, because I was born with White skin means I am somehow to blame for events before the birth of my grandparents, who immigrated from Russia after slavery was abolished.

I refuse to apologize for things I didn't do, or things nobody in my family did.

I refuse to apologize for my own existence.

I reject any ideas, and people that promote ideas, that being born White makes us automatically guilty for all of the evils of the world.

Critical Race Theory is to White People what Mein Kampf was for Jewish People.
They didn’t take one group. They took over 40 different groups and forced them all to be one.

Don’t even know what CRT really entails. Seems like there’s just a whole heap of talk and paranoia about it. I’ve heard aspects supposedly part of it that I disagree with and other parts I agree with. This country has a problem teaching the truth anyway. Not sure why CRT would be any different.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:03 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Americans actually don’t think globally. It’s not just about being proud to be American but understanding that most Americans share characteristics that make us stand out when we are on foreign soil.

What would those be?

All I can think of is dress poorly and over weight.

We do have a global rep as being friendly though.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-26-2021, 02:06 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Give the guy a break... When he predicted it in 1962, interracial dating was unthinkable.
It'll happen. In fact, it IS happening.

The last bastion for racists will be the various governments, who, 150 years from now, will still have check boxes on all their forms asking you to declare your race.
I was just being very deadpan about it. I was born in 1986. As recent as the 2000s, I was running into individuals who looked down on interracial marriage.

The way I see it, the final bastion for racist individuals will be the internet. Even if we stopped checking that box regarding race, there will be those who continue to think in terms of "I don't want people of that race around me". I don't think that way. However, because there are people who continue to be that way, I don't think it will be governments. I think the last bastions will be the internet. People can gather in anonymity there.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:08 PM

I do not celebrate or despair in demographic changes. I take it for what it is. What matters most to me is this:

1) Be a good neighbor.
2) Be a good friend.
3) Don't be a criminal.

What matters the most to me is how people treat each other. If people treat each other badly and do bad things to one another, that is going to be a big problem.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I preferred the ratio when whites were 90% of the pop. I’m sure others prefer the white pop % to be much lower and that’s what’s been happening.

3 cheers for lack of immigration law enforcement, amnesty, and diversity!
I personally don't care. I have no stake in it. My ethnicity is 13% of the population, so I'm used to being in the minority all the time. I don't think like you. I could care less either way. What matters to me is how people treat each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies