Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 10:43 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
decline in the number of whites ≠ decline in rate of population growth of whites.

at the risk of making you sad: white people are still increasing in numbers.
Did you read the article?

The only group of white people that’s increasing are those over the age of 60.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, once again we are mostly a nation of U.S. native born citizens! Immigration can be good in measured and diversified numbers for those who will contribute to our society not massive immigration from one ethnic/lingual group both legally and illegally and are poor, unskilled and educated who end up being a burden to our society. Why can't you decipher that difference?
Why should we give good paying jobs that require college degrees to immigrants?

We have our own college educated people who could use those jobs.

Give low paying jobs to unskilled immigrants. Our people don’t want those jobs.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Has America become such a S-hole that it no longer appeals to White immigrants?
White people who are doing well in their country have absolutely no reason whatsoever to come here.

Think about it.

Old 06-26-2021, 11:23 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, once again we are mostly a nation of U.S. native born citizens! Immigration can be good in measured and diversified numbers for those who will contribute to our society not massive immigration from one ethnic/lingual group both legally and illegally and are poor, unskilled and educated who end up being a burden to our society. Why can't you decipher that difference?
30 million illegals comprises close to 10% of our population.
Many have not gone past Elementary or Middle School educations.

I have worked with many of them and see the first hand results of this.
Much rework needs to be done by higher skilled, paid, and educated workers to correct it.

That is a burden in itself.

Old 06-26-2021, 11:38 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
If you're doing well where you are, you're educated and can make a living, you're not going to move to another country.

People from Ireland fled the Famine and the British generally ****ting on them for centuries. Now Ireland is a modern, industrialized economy.

People from Poland fled communism and the Russians/Germans ****ting on them for centuries. Now Poland is a modern, industrialized economy.

Hate to break it to you, kids, but your ancestors came here with nothing hoping to make a better life for themselves, so that generations later you can sit around and think you own this country.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:44 AM

62,956 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Your article says Vietnamese speakers went up more.... why no outrage for that?
Most Vietnamese are not here illegally and flooding our border. Are we seeing employment ads requiring one to speak their language to gain employment, advertising, signs and pandering to them in their language as we do Spanish speakers? Not even close. I have never gone out in public and heard Vietnamese being spoken all over the place either. They seem to assimilate into our society linguistically unlike Spanish speakers. There were only 1.3 million Vietnamese living in the U.S. in 2018 compared to 50 million Hispanics and untold illegal aliens.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:54 AM

62,956 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Why should we give good paying jobs that require college degrees to immigrants?

We have our own college educated people who could use those jobs.

Give low paying jobs to unskilled immigrants. Our people don’t want those jobs.
Good paying jobs should only go to legal immigrants if we don't have enough Americans to fill them. I think there is a real need for doctors but most other white collared jobs we have enough Americans to do them.

Just what are these low paying jobs that Americans won't take? Less educated and those Americans looking for entry level jobs are more than willing to take them for a "fair" wage. Once good paying construction, landscaping jobs have been taken over by illegal aliens. Many of those low paying jobs are going to be automated in the future.

IMO, business should be more regulated so that we don't have a burger joint on every corner, etc. that would require us to import cheap, foreign labor to do them. These low skilled immigrants end up being a burden to our society fiscally. The environment and the health and welfare of Americans should be our first consideration.

Old 06-27-2021, 08:32 AM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Like what? Fix a leaking pipe? Lol

You were alive when 90% of this country was white?
Yes I was but that’s irrelevant. I now live in a conservative community that’s around 90% white. And I wouldn’t be interested living in any liberal community. Even if it were 90+% white.

Old 06-27-2021, 08:39 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Yes I was but that’s irrelevant. I now live in a conservative community that’s around 90% white. And I wouldn’t be interested living in any liberal community. Even if it were 90+% white.
US has never been 90% white, close, but didn't make it.

1920s through 50s was the closest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Americans
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-27-2021, 09:16 AM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
US has never been 90% white, close, but didn't make it.

1920s through 50s was the closest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Americans
Ok. For you I’ll call it 89.8% white. Still close enough to call it 90 for most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies