Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 03:37 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Looks like we saw a similar increase in 2019, but you never blamed that on Trump lol.
I blame whoever thought of that stupid sanctuary state policy , made promises of citizenship and health care for illegal aliens aka amnesty, bashing and handcuffing ICE and CBP from enforcing immigration law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Simply pointing out that you antis are simply ignoring the bigger illegal problem about which Trump does not appear to have done a thing.

I would also point out that the new administration is simply catching far more illegals than the Trump one did. You all suggest That there is a known multiplier from caught to escaped. That is pure nonsense.
Simply made up so you don't have to admit Biden is doing better.
LoL. No we don’t.

99.99% illegal aliens in 2021 aren’t even trying to evade us. They are waving us down to take them in. The other .01% are illegal aliens with recorded criminal background and/or drug smugglers who don’t want us to catch them

Source: I work for CBP

Old 06-25-2021, 03:47 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I blame whoever thought of that stupid sanctuary state policy , made promises of citizenship and health care for illegal aliens aka amnesty, bashing and handcuffing ICE and CBP from enforcing immigration law.
yep yep and yep

Old 06-25-2021, 03:56 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
So you guys are catching twice as many because the amnesty seekers were given an in?

Old 06-25-2021, 04:01 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
The United States government proclaimed that ERs had to treat anybody who walked in the door. And way before that hospitals were delivering anchor babies for free. I pay a couple hundred a year on county taxes for the hospital. It's just a part of the subsidies Americans give to the businesses that hire illegals.

Now that coyotes can make 10K per illegal it's as lucrative as smuggling drugs. No telling what the word on the street in Central America about the welcome mat. That poem on the statue of Liberty is not immigration policy.

Put protecting the borders and immigration back in the congress.

Our policy changes with each new POTUS. That's just stupid.

Old 06-25-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
So you guys are catching twice as many because the amnesty seekers were given an in?
Yes.

We caught a group of 80 people two days ago. During the one-on-one interview, they told us verbatim/word for word of why they are here in the US. It doesn’t take a genius to find out that that they have been coached

Old 06-25-2021, 04:11 PM

316 posts, read 131,025 times
Quote:
Simply pointing out that you antis are simply ignoring the bigger illegal problem about which Trump does not appear to have done a thing.

I would also point out that the new administration is simply catching far more illegals than the Trump one did. You all suggest That there is a known multiplier from caught to escaped. That is pure nonsense.
Simply made up so you don't have to admit Biden is doing better.
Nobody is ignoring it, illegals within the country is a different topic with the different solution. The topic being discussed here is illegal border crossing. Stop with the strawman.

Old 06-25-2021, 04:13 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
LoL. No we don’t.

99.99% illegal aliens in 2021 aren’t even trying to evade us. They are waving us down to take them in. The other .01% are illegal aliens with recorded criminal background and/or drug smugglers who don’t want us to catch them

Source: I work for CBP
Then why does the CBP say that for every illegal they catch, two or three evade them and get away?

-----------------------------------

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...398_story.html

Border officials say more people are sneaking past them as crossings soar and agents are overwhelmed
by Nick Miroff
April 2, 2021 at 5:00 a.m. PDT

Nearly 1,000 people per day are sneaking into the United States without being identified or taken into custody because U.S. border agents are busy attending to migrant families and unaccompanied children while also trying to stop soaring numbers of male adults, according to three U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials familiar with the data.

While CBP has never claimed to interdict every border-crosser, the number of “got aways” recorded in recent weeks is the highest in recent memory, said two of the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the data. The agency defines a “got away” as an individual who is not turned back to Mexico or apprehended, and is no longer being actively pursued by Border Patrol.

Old 06-25-2021, 04:44 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,150,103 times
Too damn many.

Old 06-25-2021, 04:57 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Customs and Border always inflate the numbers during a Democratic presidency because they want to stroke fear and they also worry their budget might be cut.

You guys are busy looking for a deep state and couldn't find it, well, Customs and Border fits closely to what you guys are looking for - it is partisan and it absolutely serves one party; in their case the Republican party.

A whistle blower posted on reddit about this. I'll see if I can find it.

I’m sure you’ll post your proof for all to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies