Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 01:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Well, at least she doesn't have purple hair.

Other than that she's straight out of central casting.

Another white-self hating woman of privilege.

Where do these nuts come from?

Why do they loathe themselves so much? I know it's indoctrination, but why do they fall for it? Why wouldn't a healthy ego want to fight back against those voices that simply want to make us all feel worthless?

I mean, I always felt so good that I was not the least bit vulnerable to cults and such. I've looked at Charles Manson's followers a million times and just wondered "Why?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 01:10 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Gee..a person that hates America is in a classroom teaching young minds how to think.

What could ever possibly go wrong here ???

Old 06-28-2021, 02:07 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Why do they loathe themselves so much? I know it's indoctrination, but why do they fall for it? Why wouldn't a healthy ego want to fight back against those voices that simply want to make us all feel worthless?

I mean, I always felt so good that I was not the least bit vulnerable to cults and such. I've looked at Charles Manson's followers a million times and just wondered "Why?"
Many of them were women from the middle/upper middle classes.

Old 06-28-2021, 02:09 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Gee, it sure is a shame she can't teach people to hate one another, isn't it?

Old 06-28-2021, 02:50 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I'll let you in on a secret. They have known for centuries that the whole system is stacked against them.
for ~100 years. 1865 - 1965.

also....from Henry Louis Gates, no less.

Quote:
Between 1525 and 1866, in the entire history of the slave trade to the New World, according to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, 12.5 million Africans were shipped to the New World. 10.7 million survived the dreaded Middle Passage, disembarking in North America, the Caribbean and South America.

And how many of these 10.7 million Africans were shipped directly to North America? Only about 388,000. That’s right: a tiny percentage.

Old 06-28-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I think the question was to show what is actually being taught in the elementary, middle and high schools as related to CRT.
not much, yet. It's largely in the process of being implemented (errr, attempted to implement).

Honestly, they started with just "Equity" 5-10 years ago. Funded departments, lay out a bunch of platitudes, etc. Results in grades, lowered suspensions etal for the Black kids? Unmoved.

So now, they're going to try and ratchet it up.

Old 06-28-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Thank you. I would encourage everyone to read the links in full, as posting excerpts often does not meet with C-D approval.
news to me. if you attach the link to the source and

Quote:
do this with your excerpt
you should be good to go.

Now, there are plenty of knuckleheads from both sides that don't use the quote box, or copy/paste most/all of an entire link, making it seem as if it's their original thought. That's plagiarism.

Old 06-28-2021, 04:29 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
news to me. if you attach the link to the source and

you should be good to go.

Now, there are plenty of knuckleheads from both sides that don't use the quote box, or copy/paste most/all of an entire link, making it seem as if it's their original thought. That's plagiarism.
Thanks but we still have to be careful. I just quoted about 25%* from this article, https://www.vox.com/22443822/critica...ry-controversy -- and yet it was nevertheless deleted. (And, yes, I did use quotation marks, [snip]'s, italics, "EXCERPTS", and "END EXCERPT".)

(565 words according to Word where I had typed my post before posting in on City Data, while I would estimate the Vox article to be at least 2,500 words)

Old 06-28-2021, 06:16 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post

Me neither. I think the cultists can identify the weak and vulnerable, and they steer clear of the rest. I remember strolling across campus when some Hari Krishna started approaching me. I gave him a look that must have said “don’t you dare,” because he stopped dead in his tracks and changed his direction.

It’s a sad commentary that this country has fallen so low as to fall for all this self-loathing indoctrination.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:10 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Equity

The new leftist buzzword.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies