Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 09:41 AM

6,123 posts, read 3,347,968 times

Advertisements

I’m just curious what it would take for crime to be “out of control” in Chicago?

But apparently 316 people murdered and 1483 people shot in a 6 month period (per the Chicago Tribune) is not out of control.

I don’t really care, they can have rolling gun battles 24/7 in Chicago for all I care.

I just thought it was funny she said this. With a straight face, no less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 09:42 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Don't be alarmed passengers... the Titanic is under control and it is not sinking.

Old 06-26-2021, 09:44 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Why should we doubt her analysis? After all, isn't Lightfoot one of the most mentally stable of all mayors in the country?

https://hannity.com/media-room/light...ands-16-times/

Old 06-26-2021, 10:04 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Why should we doubt her analysis? After all, isn't Lightfoot one of the most mentally stable of all mayors in the country?

LOL… I think you meant unstable.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:16 AM

1,803 posts, read 936,473 times
Default This is keeping it real and not on rude, name-calling or usual rhetoric to demonize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I’m just curious what it would take for crime to be “out of control” in Chicago?

But apparently 316 people murdered and 1483 people shot in a 6 month period (per the Chicago Tribune) is not out of control.

I don’t really care, they can have rolling gun battles 24/7 in Chicago for all I care.

There is no magic wand for our cities yet they are a product of America its Greatness and its Failures. A mayor is not for life.... well it was for Chicago's Mayor Daly Sr. He was mayor once elected for basically life. None since though....
Some crime is down in the city as others.... though murders and especially gang on gang revenge hits way up and sadly in so many other cities.

A couple weeks ago WGN Chicago News did a poll. Note they are considered Conservative leaning.

Title: 48% of Chicago voters approve of Mayor Lightfoot’s job performance, but crime remains city’s top issue
https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/...tys-top-issue/

from the link.
- By a 48 to 39% margin, Chicago voters approve of the overall job Lightfoot is doing. Thirteen percent (13%) are unsure or have no opinion.
- Mayor Lightfoot’s approval is highest among younger Chicagoans aged 18-34 (64% approval). Meantime, disapproval of the Mayor is highest among those aged 35-49 – (59% disapprove).
- A majority (61%) of voters say they view the mayor as very or somewhat honest. White respondents were more likely to categorize the mayor as somewhat or very dishonest at 39%, compared to 28% of African Americans and 26% of Hispanics.
- Crime and gun violence remain the top issues to Chicagoans who were polled.

This is not being posted to demonize stupid Chicago Dem comments. Just overall they are not HATING on the Mayor. Also it was noted in the poll... Crime was their #1 issue.

Also note the Mayor in no way ever called for de-funding the Police. Still lawsuits are a burden on Chicago Police activities. The Gang culture of gang-warfare in Hoods is something that if it could be nipped.... would go a long way. Sadly, each new generation gets so many lured into this gangland mentality and membership.

President Trump said he would send in Federal Guard etc. That did not happen as the Mayor did not ask. Still Trump could have done so and did not..... Just saying and did not for Portland especially or Minneapolis.

*** To me it is UNPATRIOTIC to totally demonize a American city as some place to loathe and by Politics .... cause hatred. Plenty PROUD Chicagoan's still Fly OLD GLORY AND THE CHICAGO baby-blue/White with red stars flag..... as this city has Pride too and uses its city flag more then most others.....

* We can take Pride in this city's SKYLINE as a Legacy of US History of the skyscraper and Corporate America that left their mark.... Just as NYC.... despite those who demonize it. It says America also the the world.... Good and Bad.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:19 AM

29,824 posts, read 24,913,395 times
And also, there is no border crisis! Kamala was there, see?! Everything is great, no problems whatsoever, democrats doing a wonderful job with every (not) crisis! And Joe Biden is sharper than ever! No signs of dementia whatsoever! Everything is great, take your prozac, have some legal weed, just don't forget to pay your taxes and keep voting for these wonderful, all knowing leaders! Praise dear leaders!

Old 06-26-2021, 10:21 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post

Here's Carlson's take:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...she-needs-help

Old 06-26-2021, 10:27 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
There is no magic wand for our cities yet they are a product of America its Greatness and its Failures. A mayor is not for life.... well it was for Chicago's Mayor Daly Sr. He was mayor once elected for basically life. None since though....
Some crime is down in the city as others.... though murders and especially gang on gang revenge hits way up and sadly in so many other cities.

A couple weeks ago WGN Chicago News did a poll. Note they are considered Conservative leaning.

Title: 48% of Chicago voters approve of Mayor Lightfoot’s job performance, but crime remains city’s top issue
https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/...tys-top-issue/

from the link.
- By a 48 to 39% margin, Chicago voters approve of the overall job Lightfoot is doing. Thirteen percent (13%) are unsure or have no opinion.
- Mayor Lightfoot’s approval is highest among younger Chicagoans aged 18-34 (64% approval). Meantime, disapproval of the Mayor is highest among those aged 35-49 – (59% disapprove).
- A majority (61%) of voters say they view the mayor as very or somewhat honest. White respondents were more likely to categorize the mayor as somewhat or very dishonest at 39%, compared to 28% of African Americans and 26% of Hispanics.
- Crime and gun violence remain the top issues to Chicagoans who were polled.

This is not being posted to demonize stupid Chicago Dem comments. Just overall they are not HATING on the Mayor. Also it was noted in the poll... Crime was their #1 issue.

Also note the Mayor in no way ever called for de-funding the Police. Still lawsuits are a burden on Chicago Police activities. The Gang culture of gang-warfare in Hoods is something that if it could be nipped.... would go a long way. Sadly, each new generation gets so many lured into this gangland mentality and membership.

President Trump said he would send in Federal Guard etc. That did not happen as the Mayor did not ask. Still Trump could have done so and did not..... Just saying and did not for Portland especially or Minneapolis.

*** To me it is UNPATRIOTIC to totally demonize a American city as some place to loathe and by Politics .... cause hatred. Plenty PROUD Chicagoan's still Fly OLD GLORY AND THE CHICAGO baby-blue/White with red stars flag..... as this city has Pride too and uses its city flag more then most others.....

* We can take Pride in this city's SKYLINE as a Legacy of US History of the skyscraper and Corporate America that left their mark.... Just as NYC.... despite those who demonize it. It says America also the the world.... Good and Bad.
Glad you're satisfied where you live. I know I love where I live.

As far as Trump, I don't want any President to unilaterally decide to send in troops to any city because of local violence or exterme peaceful protests unless it's to protect Federal property.

He did do that in PTLD (or was it STTL?, one of them anyway) and their state and local politicians had a ****fit.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:32 AM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
..she bought the Kamala/Biden handbook.....Government for Dummies

Old 06-26-2021, 10:32 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

"Tell a lie enough times and people believe it's the truth".

We need more Joe Wilsons......"You lie"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies