Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 02:56 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,617,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I find this especially troubling since America led the boycott that forced whites to hand over control of South Africa to blacks to create "fairness".

Now the black government has declared open season on white farmers and took their land without compensation. Some fairness!!!

I expect we will witness South Africa following in the footsteps of Rhodesia (when it became Zimbabwe) and drove out the white farmers. It went from being a food exporter to being yet another African basket case dependent upon food charity from the U.S. and Europe.

Will America be next?
Except, it is not true, and it is not government led where incidents occur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 03:07 PM

6,400 posts, read 4,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Except, it is not true, and it is not government led where incidents occur.
My entire post was not true?

America didn't boycott South Africa?

I didn't say the government is doing the actual killing. I said they have okayed it.

They are providing compensation for the land seized?

Give us the "real" story since my version is wrong.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:19 PM

35,353 posts, read 17,257,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
Do they have anything to say about Hong Kong?
That too. This thread is on Tibet. I didn't want to dilute it. The Han Chinese have through the centuries engaged in discrimination at best, persecution at worst. Georgian dictator of the USSR Stalin certainly did a number on Ukrainians as well.

Old 06-26-2021, 09:45 PM

19,385 posts, read 6,539,115 times
It’s interesting that the “Dump on Israel” thread is 56 pages long, and this one can’t even get off page three. Can’t imagine why.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:08 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,466,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It’s interesting that the “Dump on Israel” thread is 56 pages long, and this one can’t even get off page three. Can’t imagine why.
Israel removes Palestinians from their homes.

China is just doing what America is always doing.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:37 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,617,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Maybe because there are not as many apologists for China's actions in Tibet. Seems a lot who are passionate about excusing Israel's human rights violations and proudly so.

I wonder why?

Old 06-26-2021, 11:00 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,504,028 times
Two of China's major rivers start in Tibet. China wants control of its water sources. Mountainous borders are more defensible than open plains. China will stay in Tibet as long as it has imperial ambition. If the Japan-Australia-India alliance stops China's imperial expansion, then it will struggle to pay its war bills and keep territories.

Old 06-26-2021, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Maybe because there are not as many apologists for China's actions in Tibet. Seems a lot who are passionate about excusing Israel's human rights violations and proudly so.

I wonder why?
Hardly. There simply aren’t that many people who feel as much fury when China is involved compared to when Israel is involved. We see the same thing play out in the U.N. Not a lot of interest in the horrific wrongdoings of numerous countries compared to the targeted venom they feel for Israel. Again, that’s indicative of double standards where Jews are concerned, and has been identified as antisemitism by the State Department.

It’s especially notable that leftists who twist themselves into a pretzel to judge everything possible to be racist (even math!!) twist themselves into a pretzel to deny the State Department’s definition of antisemitism, amd forge full steam ahead with delight.

Old 06-26-2021, 11:18 PM

If Israel were just another country, perhaps one led by communists rather than Jews, there would be minimal interest in discussing it. This thread proves it.

Old 06-26-2021, 11:19 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,033,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Human Rights Issues that get ignored while Israel/Palestine gets endless obsessive attention:
  • The illegal conquest and cultural erasure of Tibet.
  • The Uighur genocide.
  • The Armenian genocide.
  • The Falun Gong mass-murders.
  • The crushing of freedom in Hong Kong.
  • The illegal occupation of Crimea by Russia.
  • The illegal occupation of 1/2 of Cyprus by Turkey.
  • The mass-persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt.
  • The mass-persecution of Christians in Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and pretty much everywhere there is a Muslim majority.
  • The ongoing systematic mass murder of white farmers in South Africa.
  • The UK ignoring 40 decades or more of widespread systematic rape, trafficking and sexual slavery of white British girls by Muslims within the UK itself.
  • Half a dozen tribal genocides spread all across Sub-Saharan Africa.
  • Black slaves being sold into slavery in Libya right now.
  • The rise of China -- the most Nazi-like threat we've seen since Nazi Germany.
  • The increasing boldness of Russia, another Nazi-like threat.
United States bad unless me get free stuff. Stop allowing people to vote themselves free stuff and this all stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies