Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 05:43 AM

58,610 posts, read 26,915,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
This list doesn't mean much. Tampa has a tax surplus and it is an AWFUL city.
"Tampa has a tax surplus and it is an AWFUL city."

Thank you for your biased negative OPINION which is ALL your claim is.

I know LOTS of people from Tampa and they LOVE where they live.

Old 06-28-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
New York City was ran by a Republican Mayor (Giuliani and Bloomberg) from 1994 to 2013 and, New York State was run by a Republican Governor (Pataki) from 1995 to 2006. Their Republican policies were tough on crime, greatly increasing commercial confidence in New York, and resulting in a much better quality of life for everyone.

People that have lived in New York City before and after these leaders, in my case I have lived here since 1986, many will remember the years of Republican leadership as the years that DIDN'T suck!
Before Giuliani NYC had a TERRIBLE crime problem and tourism was way DOWN.

Even Times Square was NOT a safe place to be caught in.

I used to have to got NYC often and would NEVER take my wife. Giuliani got street crime way down and tourism returned.

That is when I WOULD take my wife with me.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingWolf View Post
Wasn't it democrats, like Elizabeth Warren, that wanted corn to be added to fuel, you know to save the environment or something? (I think it has little or no impact whatsoever btw). Yeah, I think it's stupid, I'm not a particularly big fan of corn anyways, we grow too much of it and use it in far too many products.

The CRP is something I support, because it's actually good for the environment and is one factor (of many) that helps to stabilize the prices of agricultural goods by not over-producing. The over-production of crops would actually hurt farmers and destroy their livelihoods. Although the free-market typically works well in most cases, food is one rare exception. The production of food requires smart regulation, it cannot be allowed to be too affected by economic whims or market shifts.
"that wanted corn to be added to fuel, you know to save the environment or something?"

And MORE treed areas were cleared to plant MORE corn to fulfill the extra need.

They also never looked into what it takes to grow corn with all the gas that is need for the tractors and trucks to plant and to reap the harvest then treat the land so it is available next year.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Oh there is no doubt in my mind that Democrats are becoming the party of rich elite snobs. Just look at the ten richest Americans. It's a list of solidly biased Democrats with a few people of unclear political affiliation sprinkled in there. Not a one that is a huge shill for the GOP.
" Just look at the ten richest Americans. It's a list of solidly biased Democrats"

They might not be in the "ten richest Americans" class but, MANY dem politician ARE in the millionaire and above class.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:18 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,377,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Tampa has a tax surplus and it is an AWFUL city."

Thank you for your biased negative OPINION which is ALL your claim is.

I know LOTS of people from Tampa and they LOVE where they live.
https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay...-the-most.html

https://tampanewsforce.com/prostitut...-nebraska-ave/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies