Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 05:26 PM

19,492 posts, read 12,122,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Wonderful I did one dose n now have COVID. Monitoring taking care of myself, but not much one can do.
There is more that can be done besides monitoring. There are self care protocols, and the right kind of doctor will actually be proactive with meds. But one has to be open to that and most people are fine with the current standard of care (The Science) of watch and wait, and do nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 05:27 PM

35,564 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I hope you do well. Many more have the mild symptoms . Do you have a doctor to help monitor you?
I’ll have to call tomorrow- they don’t do much unless dying. On my fifth day. It’s like a merry go round . Hot - cold - headache- stuffy nose - pink eye - and sleep. God willing - will run its course with no lasting damage. And thanks.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:31 PM

35,564 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There is more that can be done besides monitoring. There are self care protocols, and the right kind of doctor will actually be proactive with meds. But one has to be open to that and most people are fine with the current standard of care (The Science) of watch and wait, and do nothing.
I have no problem seeking help. Or taking meds that make sense. Not ready stop tickin people off in CD and sign off permanently. I’ll fight to be healthy.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:36 PM

14,831 posts, read 11,956,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Just more evidence in my view that the vaccines do not work.

So only 1/3rd of deaths from the Delta Variant are unvaccinated. Wow.

https://www.theguardian.com/theobser...een-vaccinated
When the UK started to vaccinate people an average of 1,250 people A DAY were dying from Coronavirus. Thanks to vaccinations the number is now around 15 people a day AND despite there now being the HIGHLY infectious Indian variant among the UK population that figure has hardly changed!!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

And you think the vaccine isn't working!!
What planet are you on?

Old 06-27-2021, 05:56 PM

799 posts, read 443,593 times
Quote:

So only 1/3rd of deaths from the Delta Variant are unvaccinated. Wow.

https://www.theguardian.com/theobser...een-vaccinated
You seem to have read the article too quickly or otherwise not fully comprehended what you read. The conclusion from the article above is NOT that the vaccines do not work. Quite the opposite. They just do not work 100%, and especially are not 100% for those more elderly persons.

If I may offer a short pertinent quote from the article:
"The vaccines are not perfect. PHE estimates two-dose effectiveness against hospital admission with the Delta infections at around 94%. We can perhaps assume there is at least 95% protection against Covid-19 death, which means the lethal risk is reduced to less than a twentieth of its usual value."

There is more to read about the D Variant here in this article:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...-vic/100238680

The D Variant is so much more contagious that it takes only 15 seconds of exposure to catch it.
While the vaccines do work against it to some degree, they were obviously not meant for this variant.
So the vaccines are saving millions of lives. But at the same time, they can't save everyone from the D Variant.
The D Variant is a new strain which has not been studied long enough to have a vaccine specifically against it.

Some say (can't say for sure) that if everyone had already gotten the vaccines earlier than the D variant would not now be such a problem.

My assessment of the whole thing (and I read a lot about it) is that if you don't get the vaccines now, your chances of dying from the D variant OR the Wuhan original Covid are pretty high, especially if you're over 50.

Those who think the vaccine is "dangerous" have no scientific evidence of it, just fear. Better to focus your fear on Covid. Because if you're not vaccinated - fully vaccinated - you are at risk of getting some form of Covid - more so now that things have opened up in most USA states.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:05 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,282,719 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Did you even read your own link?
Obviously they did not.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:24 PM

15,740 posts, read 6,447,235 times
For comparison purposes:

Recent U.S. COVID-19 deaths have been largely among the unvaccinated, says new analysis

Quote:
Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:28 PM

3,350 posts, read 1,221,892 times
The first article is about the UK;
Here is what is happening now in the UNited States. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...g-unvaccinated

Old 06-27-2021, 07:08 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
When you don't have facts go with insults.
No, those were facts and I was only insulting the post, not your wonderful self.

If 100 people are on a sinking ship and 99 wear life jackets and 1 dies and the person not wearing a life jacket dies....by your logic, the life jackets are of no use.

Old 06-27-2021, 07:11 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Ty. Lots of showers n drinking water
Hoping you recover soon. Like I mentioned in a rep to you, I got covid despite vax and barely noticed I'd had it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies