Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2021, 07:28 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I was a speed demon too. Which is why they don't let me drive anymore. I play NASCAR racing games now.

Horses are beautiful animals. I loved JJ, my Quarter horse. I rode him just about every day after school.

I would love to quit smoking, I've tried so many times. I hate smoking.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

I never thought that I would quit smoking until I had to for my own health.

Adult onset asthma scared me into it and one day I just threw my pack of cigs out the window and pulled into a CVS and bought some nicotine patches.

Called my wife and told her we were quitting today. (She had been wanting to also but we were both putting it off).

A week later I had one drag off a cig and choked on it.

That was 2007.

I haven't had a cigarette since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 08:18 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is how I see Harry Potter. Demonic witchcraft.
Me too!

Old 06-28-2021, 08:30 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ive mentioned it in a topic, but I doubt most saw.
2 years ago I was misdiagnosed with diverticulitis. When I woke up from a emergency surgery I learned that it was Colon cancer, and the tumor was the size of a fist. But pretty good odds of it being survivable. another surgery to install a port, and 12 rounds of brutal folfox chemotherapy later it looked like I had made it.

6 months ago we were discussing removing the port, but I said Id wait a bit more. Also my CEA numbers had bumped a bit. Still under what was considered cancer. 2 months later and they were higher. So..Colonoscopy, and a CT scan. Both clear. 1 month ago CEA has jumped more, So I get a PET scan.

That finds it. In my liver. My cancer has metastatized into my liver. its Stage IV cancer. 30% survival estimate from my Oncologist. Initially they schedule Chemotherapy to start, but the local Cancer board decides that the best method is surgery first. So they ordered a 3 phase CT scan, and then a MRI (that was a odd experience. I could feel it...inside sorta.

Anyways in a little under 8 hours I will start a 4 hour surgery to remove a few sections of my liver. Its the first step. then 4 days in the hospital, and then back home for 3 weeks of recovery.

Once I am recovered it will look like I will get 6 more rounds of Folfox Chemotherapy.

Fun fact-a small % of people will go bald for this one, it is fairly rare. My past experience says I will get to rock the bald look again.

Eventually one of you will get the actual last word with me on here, but 30% says it wont be for a long while. Best of luck!
May things go well for you and you recover quickly. We need your views on CD. Take care n stay positive.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:38 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I’m 4â€11 grandma of 6 and fought against naysayers all my life. Can’t do this can’t do that. Been to 6 countries and wanted to return to Mexico. I rode my own motorcycle, flipped an old house for a profit and got my dream job with the Feds in an overseas location. I hope to continue that path of defiance the next few days with this stupid COVID.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:47 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
I've worked night shifts for the past two decades.

I once lost 20 pounds in two weeks.

I dated a girl that looked like a young Julie Delpy.

I like cities.

I once failed a drug test (pot).

Old 06-28-2021, 08:51 AM

8,063 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I have driven over 2M miles with an accident or ticket.
I once got a personal letter from Queen Noor of Jordan.
I was once picked out of the water by a helicopter.
I have been struck by lightening.
I was once co-pilot of the world's largest hydrofoil.
I flew in the Goodyear blimp.
I was left without family connections when I was 19.
I was born the day they dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshima.
I have never smoked anything at all.
I've been struck by lightning also. It's a funny story. I was 14 years old at Boy Scout camp and we were all sitting around a picnic table with metal legs. I was sitting on a bolt connecting the bench to the legs and my little toe was sticking out of my sneaker (had a blowout in the sneaker). There were a few distant rumbles of thunder but no real storm at the time.

All of a sudden there was a huge flash and the next thing I remember is waking up on the floor of a tent 15 feet from the table. There was still smoke in the air. I was taken to the hospital and had a burn on my toe and buttocks. It was funny because I didn't want to mention the butt burn because I was embarrassed.

Everything was fine though. I spent the night in the hospital and we left camp the next day.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:02 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
I strongly dislike snarky busybody Canadians, despite having once been married to one, and having a Canadian BFF.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:10 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I don't exist. I'm really just a virus planted in CD forums to annoy leftist posters.

Sorry. Actually, I'm a part-time writer who publishes to Amazon under various pen names--time travel, time travel romance, horror, some political satire, and even a bit of "naughty" material (unfortunately, that is what sells best these days). Hopefully the income from that will allow me to do it exclusively at some point and get OUT of the education field.

I'm thoroughly Victorian and would love to snap my fingers and be in the year 1890 (or thereabouts), in small-town rural USA in a Queen Anne or Gothic revival style home. In a place where a crank telephone on the wall just outside the butler's pantry is high tech, and the primary form of long distance communication is still hand-written letters sent via "snail mail." I surround myself with as much of the past as I can (and can afford). To an extent, the inside of my place looks as if it could be from 1890--at least some of it. I love the style and furnishings of that time.

Although I'm largely of Norwegian ancestry, in the one bloodline that goes back to England, I am a direct descendent of William Bradford, governor of Plymouth Colony in the 1620s. But his puritanical ways did not completely rub off onto me.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:20 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Of the 5 Presidential elections I've voted in, despite having been registered as a Democrat, I've only picked a Democrat twice.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:25 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
My wife died last year from kidney failure. I'm finding that the dating scene is a whole lot different than it was 18-20 years ago!
Let me guess.

If you are like a friend of mine almost absurdly direct a woman will say, "I'm kind of interested in FWB because you seem like a clean guy and once in a while I need some. Not interested in getting married as I like doing whatever I want when I want and like having my own closet space."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies