Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2021, 05:18 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times

Advertisements

I've attended 57 Grateful Dead concerts; have every ticket stub! Many mail~order too.

Jerry Band, and Weir Wasserman gigs too.

MAGA, and Save America! Those gigs wouldn't be possible without FREEDOM....LIBERTY!

Woot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 05:24 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Can I come along, next time you go back to about 1959? One way ticket?
Sorry! I'm only capable of travelling forward.

Old 06-29-2021, 05:53 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
I NEVER LIE

I've met 7 U.S. Presidents as in talked in conversation.

I ate in a town I have no recollection of the name in a little rat hole diner next to a famous musician and had no idea. INTLS BD) until 15 years later.

I stood up in a diner in New Orleans at breakfast and my leg fell asleep and i fell over taking the table next to me out with the dishes and table, the chair and the person siting in it. I was on top of Peter Jennings.

Back in the day of travel agents I stopped the day before Thanksgiving and said, "ONE, what do you have leaving in the morning?" I got to stand on the equator, while my family showed how much they hated each other.

I had to ride a donkey because the bus to the island left in Mexico. "Si, Si, just up my cousin." Just up was 5 hours.

At 26, I took money, via accounts worth millions and millions over from John Gotti's pockets.

My favorite person in the whole world was named James and he was 4. I never met a funnier smarter kid.

Old 06-29-2021, 05:56 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,150,103 times
I'm not as old and crotchety as my C-D username implies.
There are more years in the "used" category, as opposed to the "available" category. It's time to get busy living!
For the curious:
I can play brass instruments, sing like a lark, and can do impersonations.
Have an appreciation for the left-brained among us; I can't change a door lock.
Love to cook, read, and travel.
No one enjoys a joke more than me.
Married, divorced, and widowed (not necessarily in that order).
Familiar with the pain that life can entail, but more grateful and astonished by the good, beautiful, and unexplainable graces that it bestows as well.
I've not lost faith in my fellow man.
I adore the dogs and cats in my life, both past and present.
My family and friends are my rock.
The belief in a Higher Power has gotten me through dark times.
I stand in silent support of all those on this forum who are suffering and struggling.

Old 06-29-2021, 06:06 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Familiar with the pain that life can entail, but more grateful and astonished by the good, beautiful, and unexplainable graces that it bestows as well.
I've not lost faith in my fellow man.
I adore the dogs and cats in my life, both past and present.
My family and friends are my rock.
The belief in a Higher Power has gotten me through dark times.
I stand in silent support of all those on this forum who are suffering and struggling.
Beautifully said, every word.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:10 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
My online name here lionking, a Cuban coffee place I use to go to in Miami to get my Cuban coffee the owner use to call me "lionking" because of my long hair my photo is in my profile album section, ha ha! In my profile the "in my imagination" is because I think a lot about stuff.

Whatever various things I do or am, first and foremost I think of myself as a guitar player first. A few years ago my friend and music mate of thirty years contacted me and said "let's start a band again and write a album". I said "hell yeah" and we started. Then a year later or so the bomb was dropped he had stage 4 colon and liver cancer. Various musicians we were looking for to complete the music bailed out because. My friend and I continued as long as we could. I lost him March 2019 and I have been lost of focus about music since and then COVID hit last year didn't see a point in even getting in a band but I'm starting to get back into it slowly.

We managed to complete a couple songs of ours before the chemo took its toll, I have two albums worth of half finished songs that hopefully I will get going someday, here is one we completed in his trailer using Reaper program to record, he did the singing since we couldn't find a vocalist to join he did the mixing , we shared guitar parts, I did the acoustic lead in the middle.

https://soundcloud.com/user-95633231...ve-me-original
[soundcloud=400]620087670[/soundcloud]

I also write lyrics when inspiration hits me I tend to write deep thinking lyrics sort of like Neil Peart did. Here is one I did, the music to it is in my head but haven't made it actually to the lyrics yet. I tend to try to put myself in others shoes with empathy, or write about other people more than me. I have known a couple people with opiate addiction problems and why it came to be these lyrics are about that...

Song is called Down, it will be a Godsmack type metal song at least that is how I hear it in my head

verse 1
I know even if it goes unspoken
carrying the weight of a soul that is broken
concealing yourself in lies and deception
when you come down there is still no redemption
Down………………..Down

verse 2
I know I can see it in your eyes
that little devil has got you hypnotized
how long can you pretend you're someone else
you hurt me when I see you hurt yourself
Down…………………Down

chorus
I can believe in love, I’m trying to believe in you
But I can’t save you, you have to save yourself
Because there is no one else

Verse 3
I know you think it will always be the same
Just another entry for your diary of pain
You know this is not the way it should be
Forgive the hurt and break yourself free

Old 06-29-2021, 07:19 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
I was married for two years and realized what a mistake it was, and finished a no-fault divorce.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:30 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Sorry! I'm only capable of travelling forward.

Bummer. That means you can't come back!

Old 06-29-2021, 07:38 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
My at the time girlfriend, first time I went to her place I sat on the sofa and her roommates two cats jumped on me and cuddled and fell asleep on me I was told they never do that to anybody. Her roommate told me she needs to get them a new home BTW because her dog was starting to get mean with them. I guess it was fate, five years later they are my buds, Jax and Zeke I can't imagine being without them now. I guess it's true that cats choose you , you don't choose them and the slogan "who saved who?"
is true.

Girlfriend is long gone, my cats are with me for the duration through thick and thin.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:38 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I've attended 57 Grateful Dead concerts; have every ticket stub! Many mail~order too.

Jerry Band, and Weir Wasserman gigs too.

MAGA, and Save America! Those gigs wouldn't be possible without FREEDOM....LIBERTY!

Woot!
I lived in Marin when was in school, and I used to deliver pizza to Jerry Garcia on a regular basis.

I have a nice picture of us together, which wasn't easy to get because there were no camera phones back then. I saw the Jerry Band 3 nights practically every month, at the Warfield, which I liked better than the Dead shows.

Now that I think about it, another surprising thing about me in the same vein, I live in the same neighborhood as Alec Baldwin out on the East End, and we talk pretty often, but he has no idea I am a conservative.

I just steer clear of any subject that looks like it might turn political.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies