Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2021, 07:41 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,039,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
My at the time girlfriend, first time I went to her place I sat on the sofa and her roommates two cats jumped on me and cuddled and fell asleep on me I was told they never do that to anybody. Her roommate told me she needs to get them a new home BTW because her dog was starting to get mean with them. I guess it was fate, five years later they are my buds, Jax and Zeke I can't imagine being without them now. I guess it's true that cats choose you , you don't choose them and the slogan "who saved who?"
is true.

Girlfriend is long gone, my cats are with me for the duration through thick and thin.
I’ve had 4 cats, 2 of them all black (including the current one). They are the sweetest, most affectionate cats. Plus their fur is gorgeous and mysterious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 08:00 PM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

I just steer clear of any subject that looks like it might turn political.
We all might come here because we have a urge to debate or discuss it, but this nice thread shows there are many real people with personal triumphs and tribulations, often ones we may share or sympathize with despite whatever difference on politics. In person first meeting someone I try not to get into politics before knowing them better because that way is better to judge a person more well rounded.

One the internet though you don't have the ability to see facial and body expression which is crucial often in understanding a person and tone. However like my lyric writing and such I am much better at expressing by typing than by verbal, a reason I post here. Face to face I'm 80% listener and 20% talker.

Old 06-29-2021, 08:38 PM

18,432 posts, read 15,184,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
We all might come here because we have a urge to debate or discuss it, but this nice thread shows there are many real people with personal triumphs and tribulations, often ones we may share or sympathize with despite whatever difference on politics. In person first meeting someone I try not to get into politics before knowing them better because that way is better to judge a person more well rounded.

One the internet though you don't have the ability to see facial and body expression which is crucial often in understanding a person and tone. However like my lyric writing and such I am much better at expressing by typing than by verbal, a reason I post here. Face to face I'm 80% listener and 20% talker.
True. I do this with most people I casually know as well, as I think most people probably do. But in the face of such a politically polarizing figure, I can think of a few people from the P&OC forum who I think would be unable to resist the urge.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:25 PM

14,709 posts, read 8,034,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I'm a time traveler!
It would be such fun to be able to time travel!
I think time traveling backwards in time would be the most fun though....meeting historical people and era's and all that. You would have a much better idea of what to expect, compared to the future, which would home so many more uncertainties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I took auto mechanics in high school.

My ex had the fastest street legal mustang in Miami and was very well known.

I owned the fastest street legal Z06 in Miami.

My very wealthy ex had a book written about him.

I was a stripper for 13 years.

I have RBF but am actually a very nice and caring person.

I can drink most men under the table.

I am a crazy cat lady
Me, too...well the last line any way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I got out of JAIL today.

Bet that was an interesting experience!

I am over 60 now, but have never been in jail or prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I love, love, love this thread!!!
Me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
i grew up in an all white community no blacks till high school as an adult i developed a severe substance issue...

going on twenty years ago i was so full of hatred i hated everything then i met a black Vietnam veteran who hated all white people for sending him to Vietnam...thru fellowship soul-searching and much talking we became best of friends..we both actually saw past our color..

i work some in recovery and maintain contact with people the world has disowned we are all human beings

if people sat and talked to each other instead of AT each other we would all be better off
Love that post!

[quote=janelle144;61351408]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
That would be terrible to sprain your ankle right before walking down the Aisle. Glad that it didn't stop the wedding.

I broke it so it took longer to heal. I told people I would crawl down the aisle to marry that man. LOL Glad I didn't need to. Some thought we had cancelled so didn't come but we still had a great time. The little ones wanted to go back to that wedding the next day, they danced so much and had fun.
So, it was all good in the end though!
Glad it turned out so well, and everyone was so happy and had such a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post

Familiar with the pain that life can entail, but more grateful and astonished by the good, beautiful, and unexplainable graces that it bestows as well.
I've not lost faith in my fellow man.
I adore the dogs and cats in my life, both past and present.
My family and friends are my rock.
The belief in a Higher Power has gotten me through dark times.
I stand in silent support of all those on this forum who are suffering and struggling.
That was so beautiful and well said. I love that post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Beautifully said, every word.
Indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I lived in Marin when was in school, and I used to deliver pizza to Jerry Garcia on a regular basis.

I have a nice picture of us together, which wasn't easy to get because there were no camera phones back then. I saw the Jerry Band 3 nights practically every month, at the Warfield, which I liked better than the Dead shows.

Now that I think about it, another surprising thing about me in the same vein, I live in the same neighborhood as Alec Baldwin out on the East End, and we talk pretty often, but he has no idea I am a conservative.
I just steer clear of any subject that looks like it might turn political.
That is me to a tee, in real life..I just steer clear of any subject that looks like it might turn political.
I was told long ago, that it was a good idea to never discuss religion or politics. I usually only do that with very close friends or family (and sometimes not even then!) I hate confrontation, in real life.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:31 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Avon lady in my teens-- 1974 era...

Bowie fan.

Other that babysitting. teen job in summers always office jobs.....never did the fast food restaurant thing.

Moved to the USA to chase the sun.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:53 PM

18,673 posts, read 7,542,298 times
I was an engineer at the giant radar station at Thule Air Base in northern Greenland for several years, and each Christmas I helped track Santa as he came down from the North Pole.

Old 06-29-2021, 10:20 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,039,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I was an engineer at the giant radar station at Thule Air Base in northern Greenland for several years, and each Christmas I helped track Santa as he came down from the North Pole.
So he IS real!

Old 06-30-2021, 03:13 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Now this has to be the number one coolest job!

Old 06-30-2021, 04:48 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,106,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Bummer. That means you can't come back!
Not until I get the transmission fixed in the Delorean...it's stuck in second gear.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:54 AM

238 posts, read 98,882 times
I'm 46... male... ride a motorcycle for fun... and took typing in high school for 3 years because I thought it would be an easy way to get a good grade.

Didn't think I'd actually get good at it though... but on an average day I can wake up at 4am and type an accurate (98-99%) 110-120wpm on any random internet typing test. Not bad for 30 years later... it's a lot like riding a bike... you never forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies